Mission 12 - bug

Sharkku

Ok, so this time I think I did my homework a little bit better. Stuck on mission 12 now. The AI won't move. When I find the first vehicle group and send out Walker to investigate, Walker group just stand there. Even so, after a while I get the report that the vehicles only contain wine, and I can move on. Reporting everything to base. Then I come across the caravan with a HMMVEE and two trucks that are supposed to be moving along the road. Problem is they don't move. I can order them to stop via megaphone and I deliver Walker group to the roadblock, but I can't complete the mission. If I fire at them, they disperse, but stop again on the side of the road. If I kill them and fly home, mission won't complete.

Am I missing something obvious again? Some help please?

Oh, and I'm running latest DCS 1.5 beta, on win10. GTX970, i7-2600K.

Edit: Since I didn't get any help, I had to figure it out on my own. I found that the "late activation" in group options caused the unit to just stand there, even after "activate group" was triggered. I was able to circumvent it with the mission editor by making the group active from the start, but standing still until the proximity trigger was activated by the player. I could then complete the mission.

Edited by Sharkku

Solution means mission editor

Edit: Since I didn't get any help, I had to figure it out on my own. I found that the "late activation" in group options caused the unit to just stand there, even after "activate group" was triggered. I was able to circumvent it with the mission editor by making the group active from the start, but standing still until the proximity trigger was activated by the player. I could then complete the mission.

Thanks for posting this. I too was in the same boat. After reading your solution I went in and found the Karavan in the mission editor. Then I just activated at start. I slowed their speed to 15 kts and everything triggered. Not in the same way as before, but it allowed me to finish the mission.

Thanks again. :thumbup: