Basic navigation help.

Chic

I'm getting a handle on nav instrumentation in the Huey.

I am, however stuck when it comes to following way points in mission flight plans. These way points are not usually locatable via instruments, so I'm assuming that you follow visible landmarks, terrain features etc.. that are depicted on the kneeboard. If so, is there a legend common to these maps cuz I find them difficult to read.

Am I missing something very basic.

Thanks for any push in the right direction.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi Chic,

I personally don't use the kneeboard for navigation but understand why you would. The map is full of radio beacons for using IFR but most fun in navigating huey is VFR.

Use big landmarks, rivers roads and railways. Try setting up a simple mission flying from A to B

Using the options in the mission editor remove the icons for your's and other aircraft so you can't cheat:)

Radio the airport your heading for and asking for direction is a good way too:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm behind Cibit on this one, use the F10 map. The kneeboard map seems to be based on real charts which doesn't match the terrain in DCS.

The F10 map on the other hand is unrealistically detailed with every light pole marked out, but with a proper zoom level it's highly useable!

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

I'm on it gentlemen.

Much obliged..

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS