Elbrus Mission - Question

YoYo

Any idea how to come back? I put Governor to emergency - full throttle and full throttle friction adjuster (grip) - but rpm full down (de icing is ON).

Btw.

Amazing mission, thx Belsimtek!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how to come back? I put Governor to emergency - full throttle and full throttle friction adjuster (grip) - but rpm full down (de icing is ON).

Btw.

I'm right there with you, I get there land, then try to slide across the top to get into ETL so I can get off the ground. Havn't been able to get off the ground but I was going to lower my fuel because I think i'm getting there too quick (I go straight in via the beacon).

Ok, thx a lot, Im thinking something wrong with me ;) but idea of mission - CONGRATULATION !!!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

,two trips nedeed!!:smilewink:

So You landed twice?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Yes, looks like the mission may not be passable at default play in the release build. Will try to test again and fix up for the next update.

Just release the twin engine variant and we should be able to pass it :thumbup:

Btw.

Try to perform a "rolling take off" slide to the groung with the governorn on manual and the rotor RPM on green, put the cyclic FWD a little bit and wait the helicopter become to slide. Go easy and when you reaching 20 kts the main rotor help you with the transitional lift.

It's a technic used also in the real life as last chance emergency take off procedure:thumbup:!

Bye have a nice day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try to perform a "rolling take off" slide to the groung with the governorn on manual and the rotor RPM on green, put the cyclic FWD a little bit and wait the helicopter become to slide. Go easy and when you reaching 20 kts the main rotor help you with the transitional lift.

It's a technic used also in the real life as last chance emergency take off procedure:thumbup:!

Bye have a nice day

I tried it with no succes. The friction between your skids and the surface (snow!) won't let you slide forward. I also tried "jumping" to the cliff edge by lowering and agresive pulling the collective to fall over the edge and gain some forward speed. But I crashed just before I managed to get there :D

Ah, had the same issue last night. Wondered why I couldn't move. Had a look in the ME at the mission and I saw something about setting the weight when you land on the summit (I assume this was the aircraft/fuel weight or something). Might be set too high? Looked in the ME manual and couldn't see anything about setting the weight though.

Edited by Stacker

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Ah, had the same issue last night. Wondered why I couldn't move. Had a look in the ME at the mission and I saw something about setting the weight when you land on the summit (I assume this was the aircraft/fuel weight or something). Might be set too high? Looked in the ME manual and couldn't see anything about setting the weight though.

That's correct, the trigger changes the cargo weight to model the loading/unloading of troops. The weight is too much for the current FM, although was just right when tested in previous builds. WIP...

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

That's correct, the trigger changes the cargo weight to model the loading/unloading of troops. The weight is too much for the current FM, although was just right when tested in previous builds. WIP...

Yeah. I've just tweaked it and set both boarded triggers to use a 500Kg cargo load but even that's still too heavy (they were originally 700kg & 800kg respectively). Perhaps tell the guys to dump all their gear at the summit or split it into 3 trips? :smilewink:

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Yeah. I've just tweaked it and set both boarded triggers to use a 500Kg cargo load but even that's still too heavy (they were originally 700kg & 800kg respectively). Perhaps tell the guys to dump all their gear at the summit or split it into 3 trips? :smilewink:

Lol, that's just evil, letting them drop there gear after they reached the summit.......:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Ahhh, ok, so still, after small patch the problem exists? Ok, Im waiting to finish this crazy & wonderful mission :].

I think we needs more Medivac missions.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ahhh, ok, so still, after small patch the problem exists? Ok, Im waiting to finish this crazy & wonderful mission :].

I think we needs more Medivac missions.

Having just got into making mission myself, I can tell you that it isn't hard to make your own missions. When you get into setting up multiple triggers, flags ect is where things start breaking.

To set up a medevac mission all you'd have to do is create a flight, add some dudes where you want them and set one trigger (conditions being- unit inside zone/unit height lower than [2 feet above height of terrain]/unit speed lower than 2 knots) and one action within that trigger deactivate group [your group of dudes you're picking up].

This will give you a Huey and some dudes to pick up. once you land at your trigger area the guys will disappear, creating the illusion they're in your Huey. If you want to get fancy you can have the doors open when you land, play a sound/music/message, whatever you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried today, not luck at all... Tried everything, even tried to slide of the cliff to gain some speed. Always end up crashing. 18000' feet with that kind of load is a lot for any medium/light helicopter.

Also the skids make a lot of friction with the ground, making it impossible to make a running take off, I keep up always the nose on the "snow".

Mission seems great but, unless we got more power or less weight, things will stay the same.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering if there has been any changes to the mission or the FM? I tried this mission and got up to the summit, but as soon as they "load" into the chopper, it becomes too heavy, even using the emergency governer.

I can jump or hop along (using the same technique from a couple posts ago) by waiting for RRPM to climb back up, then pulling the collective. When I get to the edge of the cliff, I still can't manage to get ETL because I'll just fall and can't stabilise RRPM while maintaining a safe decent rate.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this type of thing. Can anyone else give this mission a go?

Playing on version 1.2.4.12913

Edited by Rabwin

Have you tried loading less fuel for the mission? In high altitude missions it is paramount that you only take as much fuel as you absolutely have to.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 2 months later...

This Mission is the Kobayashi Maru for Huey Pilots.

I managed to take off :music_whistling:

The Huey can't really handle 17500ft msl plus 700kg. Its not only the lack of engine power, you also don't have enough left pedal when below ELT. Well, in a Sim you can try, but in real life you wouldn't.

Additionally the DCS Slick has still the empty weight of the DCS Gunship. Hope they change that.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3