Su-35S Flanker-E Awesome maneuvers video

Zyron

Exactly - the Western Military saw the Flanker and Fulcrum derivatives performing these maneuvers at airshows an told the public 'they're just airshow gimmicks with no real use in a fighter aircraft' and 'To use these super-maneuverability capabilities you have to lose speed, and speed is life'...

Then promptly spent billions adding the same capabilities to their own aircraft.

Which implies that despite the public statements to the contrary, they actually see a combat use for those abilities...

Cheers.

Exactly - the Western Military saw the Flanker and Fulcrum derivatives performing these maneuvers at airshows an told the public 'they're just airshow gimmicks with no real use in a fighter aircraft' and 'To use these super-maneuverability capabilities you have to lose speed, and speed is life'...

And yet the US pilots who fight the F-22 say alot about TVC in a negative way when it's used against them in a dogfight.

But because it's American pilots saying that, it's discarded and not used as facts by people like you.

the Su-35S becoming viral like a 8)

1500583903162943074.gif

:thumbup:yes!

VF-0 or SV-51

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It's still cool to see this 50k+ lbs aircraft (SU-35S) move or fly like the SU-26 or SU-31

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It's still cool to see this 50k+ lbs aircraft (SU-35S) move or fly like the SU-26 or SU-31

Yes it sure is cool and the aircraft is a beauty. Anyway I would like to see the same show with full tanks and 6-8 missiles. :music_whistling: If on the other hand you enter a 2 vs 2 dogfight with low fuel and 1-2 missiles you are most lightly doing something really stupid. :)

Edited by HiJack

But this is only true for the Su-35, or any other fighter also?

I guess a full F-18, F-16, F-15 with a full combat load would have the same problems.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

But this is only true for the Su-35, or any other fighter also?

I guess a full F-18, F-16, F-15 with a full combat load would have the same problems.

Yes but things are a bit different in a simulator, no one really dies so the risk assessments is missing. But in sim also going in to a dogfight full of fuel is not good, and not low on fuel either, something in between is good for close fights. 60% fuel and 4 missiles maybe. It would be interesting to see these maneuvers then. But I still believe that keeping the speed up is essential in a dogfight. If you look closely on the Su-35 maneuvers you see they are slow as hell, no way the F-22 is where he is looking to turn that slow, long gone. :music_whistling: And the Su-35 is then crawling around trying to catch speed, easy target for a good pilot.

EDIT: i'm sorry but I cant see that these maneuvers can possibly help me in a dogfight where my enemy is in high speed. Someone please prove me wrong :noexpression:

Edited by HiJack

Yes it sure is cool and the aircraft is a beauty. Anyway I would like to see the same show with full tanks and 6-8 missiles. :music_whistling: If on the other hand you enter a 2 vs 2 dogfight with low fuel and 1-2 missiles you are most lightly doing something really stupid. :)

The real questions is: who cares? Who goes to an Airshow and says, well that Pitts Special has no weapons so I do not care if it is maneuverable? Hey look the Thunderbirds/Blue Angels!...ahww never mind they do not have live weapons.

I go to airshows to see acrobatic maneuvers and cool aircraft. Airshows are for entertainment and military exercises are for training, neither is an aircraft testing grounds nor comparative test.

Now, for a strike aircraft SU-34 is no slouch, beside the TOOL sound track is cool.

I hope they add this aircraft to the Russian demo teams.

Here is another cool one

To whom it may concern,

The real questions is: who cares? Who goes to an Airshow and says, well that Pitts Special has no weapons so I do not care if it is maneuverable? Hey look the Thunderbirds/Blue Angels!...ahww never mind they do not have live weapons.

Well, this was the question asked by someone here. And I have expressed my thoughts, is that not appropriate? I'm so sorry to have offended you mvgas.

No offense taken, now I will be looking for more cool video of the SU-35S later.

To whom it may concern,

I go to airshows to see acrobatic maneuvers and cool aircraft. Airshows are for entertainment and military exercises are for training, neither is an aircraft testing grounds nor comparative test.

Which is fine and good, until you got got a bunch of people running around saying all Western aircraft have no chance against an Su-35 because of it's crazy airshow stunts.

But beeing able to dogfight good slow doesnt mean the Su-35 is not able to fight fast into an energy fight also. One thing doesnt deny the other.

Its very different from the former Su-27. More than people could think. And i agree a show is just that, a show.

Also what is good for a F-18 because handling qualities in a high Alpha slow dogfight is also good for other aircrafts capable of doing the same. Or is only a good thing for western aircrafts only?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Which is fine and good, until you got got a bunch of people running around saying all Western aircraft have no chance against an Su-35 because of it's crazy airshow stunts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbXItNN1qokIrgYqsQ-rqfAuaOweS--zH96qlvVjZCKqnxV4tOnQ

To whom it may concern,

:thumbup:

It would be a good move by those people to dig up the Russian airforce training documentation for these maneuvers and how the plan is to shoot someone down when you are "floating" on a fixed point in the air.

High AOA like this can be a last way out if you are only on guns but I still believe the Su-35 pilot would have problems following a fast moving target with his gunsight. And I believe he would be much more lethal if he keep his good speed up. Su-35 seems to be built with speed in mind.

Edited by HiJack

I thought what was actually said was that after years of not having any machines capable of these manoeuvres because they have no practical use the US has bizarrely added similar capabilities to the F-22...

Of course maybe those pilots that have complained about TV in the Raptor are correct* and the extra weight and complexity that is needed to have this feature is a waste of money, fuel and performance.

Maybe they back themselves to never enter a guns fight with another aircraft.

Maybe the F-22 designers were less confident...

That said

I'd back an F-22 over an Su-35 at BVR.

Perhaps we've reached the holly grail of BVR and fights and the 'dogfight' is a thing of the past.

Maybe not.

If it came to guns and heaters, the F-22 might be a match for the Su-35, maybe not, but I'd back the Su-35 over an F-15 / 16 / 18

(*because we know that pilots are a homogenous bunch, and you would never have one group advocating for - say a small light fighter with a gun, at the same time as others were arguing for larger fighters with guided missiles)

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

I wonder if there is a airshow schedule for the SU-35S, is Sukhoi trying to sell it abroad?

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Its sold to China already

I see

To whom it may concern,