Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Ditto,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

How to uninstall manually? I have no cockpits after using this.

Select 'Use lite mode' under Options -> Preferences.

or

To do it manually, for each aircraft locate the 'device_init_original.lua' and rename it to 'device_init.lua' (Usually located in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\aircraftname\Cockpit\Scripts)

AlaskanGrizzly, I just sent you the latest crash log for today that occurred after I updated to the latest. same DCS crash as before. Thanks for any help sir.

AlaskanGrizzly, any chance you you might get to look at this issue? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Honestly, I have not updated since, I was waiting to see what your response was from the crash log before making any changes. I suppose at this point you would prefer I do all available updates and give it a whirl yet again.

Did you you point the DCS install directory in Kneeboard Builder to the DCS openAlpha? (Options -> Preferences)

I found out in the end, thnk you anyway for your help. Ive created two instalations of the kneeboardbuilder, one for the 1.5 and another for the 2.1. Is it ok? Or one instalation is enough for both.

I found out in the end, thnk you anyway for your help. Ive created two instalations of the kneeboardbuilder, one for the 1.5 and another for the 2.1. Is it ok? Or one instalation is enough for both.

I personally prefer the way you are using it with different installations for each version.

Hey AlaskanGrizzly, I'm having an issue where as soon as I set my DCS World Install directory and click Save, Kneeboardbuilder crashes. It then won't start again until I delete the config file.

The error in the events log is:

Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException

at System.IO.Path.Combine(System.String, System.String)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.SetSpecialAircraftPaths(System.String)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.LoadAircraftData()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

at KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

I've got DCS World installed at: "D:\DCS World" - any ideas? I've not been able to find a solution looking through the thread, but at 82 pages I'm not all that surprised if I missed it!

Cheers!

It is still crashing in my setup. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update. Now Working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

So I downloaded today, tried run the program and all I got was a load screen before windows pops up "kneeboard builder has stopped working" any ideas? Only thing I can think of is that I do have three copies of DCS installed.

Run as administrator

So I downloaded today, tried run the program and all I got was a load screen before windows pops up "kneeboard builder has stopped working" any ideas? Only thing I can think of is that I do have three copies of DCS installed.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am running Windows 10. Only thing I can think of is .NET because it wont let me install it since it says it built into the OS.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Sadly it stoped working for me as well.

I tried to reinstall net.framework. Updated to the 4.7 version. No luck.

Tried to run it as admininstrator, re downloaded it - No Luck.

I get the error on startup "Kneeboard builder stoped working"

This is the error code, when i expand the details : (it's in german, but should be fine i guess)

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Problemsignatur 02: 1.6.9.8

Problemsignatur 03: 58f2d451

Problemsignatur 04: mscorlib

Problemsignatur 05: 4.7.2102.0

Problemsignatur 06: 5937153c

Problemsignatur 07: 18f3

Problemsignatur 08: 1a

Problemsignatur 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 66f4

Zusatzinformation 2: 66f4bfb927890cf109dded76bf5f3953

Zusatzinformation 3: 4b00

Zusatzinformation 4: 4b00f8168ad99eeac6a8a762b8846f72

Maybe with that, you can help us / me.

Thanks in advance

Edit : Runnin Win 7 - 64bit

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Email sent!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube Facebook Twitter Twitch

Installed and started using this software. It's brilliant. Thank you very much for your hard work in developing & for sharing.

• Like 1

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup: