** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List ** - Page 36 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #351
Juancio

Reputation power: 0
Juancio can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
Can you post your findings in this Texture & Animation bug thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190753 coz there are some things unclear to me, ie. "Thrust reverser on or off, no trantision in between"?/thanx
When activating the reverser you are supposed to see a smooth transition between the off and the on position. In my game the change is instantaneous. Tried repairing, and it solved the cannard problem, they are moving now, but the rest is still problematic.

Last edited by Juancio; 07-16-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Juancio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #352
TwojaStara

Reputation power: 3
TwojaStara is on a distinguished road

Hi Cobra/RagnarDa,

are there any plans to fix BK90J2 in future? For me there are 3 nearly game breaking features for breaching very heavy SAM protected sites (DEAD-like missions) where going above 10m = death due to variety of SAMs and going above 40-50m for drop is possible but only for 2-3 seconds:

a) in multiplayer BK90J2 behaves like big guided missile and not cluster munition, and as it is gliding rather than flying like real BK90 it causes it to collide with some other objects on the way. This happens especially in very low alt mode (30-40m set via TAKT 9xxxx, single/both doesn't matter and in default compact mode)

b) in multiplayer when you die (e.g. one is killed by SAM) BK90 suddenly disappears

c) in single player BK90J2 (even with 100% ideal coordinates) 99% of the time (always?) does not destroy unit directly beneath it, if i recall properly this applies even when dropping two at once in any mode (wide/tail/compact). This prevents pin-point attacks on tracking radars while BK90 should be precision weapon.

Thanks in advance for reply, loyal fan
TwojaStara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #353
AbortedMan

Reputation power: 6
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road

I can't stress enough how critical it is that the BK90 implementation needs to be revised in both SP and MP.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #354
mattebubben

Reputation power: 12
mattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nicemattebubben is just really nice

Sadly fixing the BK 90 is something that is not just up to Heatblur.

They would need ED assistance to model it properly.

What we have ATM is just what Heatblur can do without significant ED assistance.

But i really hope ED will assist them in properly implementing the BK 90 to where it works as it should in both SP and MP.

Since the BK 90 which should be the most capable air-ground weapon of the Viggen (and one of the most Capable weapons in the game)
is currently not all that useful

(In MP especially, the BK 90 with mixed submunitions works well enough in SP and is very effective though it does not work in a completely realistic manner but the way it works in MP is not very effective especially when it comes to targeting vehicles)
mattebubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #355
jeffdude

Reputation power: 4
jeffdude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
Sadly fixing the BK 90 is something that is not just up to Heatblur.

They would need ED assistance to model it properly.

What we have ATM is just what Heatblur can do without significant ED assistance.

But i really hope ED will assist them in properly implementing the BK 90 to where it works as it should in both SP and MP.

Since the BK 90 which should be the most capable air-ground weapon of the Viggen (and one of the most Capable weapons in the game)
is currently not all that useful

(In MP especially, the BK 90 with mixed submunitions works well enough in SP and is very effective though it does not work in a completely realistic manner but the way it works in MP is not very effective especially when it comes to targeting vehicles)
I know that all parties are busy, but this is the weapon that had me very excited about this jet.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #356
Vladinsky

Reputation power: 2
Vladinsky will become famous soon enoughVladinsky will become famous soon enough

I would imagine that as soon as ED implements the tech for the new advanced Hornet weapons, the JSOW in particular, Ragnar will be right on it and use it for the BK90 as well.
Vladinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:04 AM   #357
AbortedMan

Reputation power: 6
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdude View Post
I know that all parties are busy, but this is the weapon that had me very excited about this jet.
Same reason I bought the Viggen as well. Was very saddened to see the state of it's main attraction.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #358
microvax

Reputation power: 4
microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Well it works too well against tanks and bunkers etc. but works not well enough against light armor, but still works okay against SAM sites etc.

I would say for the moment its a good stopgap. With the JSOW stuff is probably going to change. I mean even ED will not release JSOW with initial Hornet... I think that says enough about DCS currents capability to support that weapon type.

Looking forward to whats to come.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:21 AM   #359
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 41
Cobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to allCobra847 is a name known to all

Don't worry folks; we're not going to neglect the BK-90

Director | Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:01 AM   #360
Hog_No32

Reputation power: 0
Hog_No32 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Nicholas! I am not worried at all. For the time being I am still practicing anti-ship warfare with the Viggen - a first for me in DCS. There actually is so much to learn, also apart from how to operate the Viggen and its weapons. Since - due to very limited time - I am solely doing SP, I am learning how to create demanding and complex missions with more or less realistic ship convoys and battle groups - which is also a great preparation for the Hornet

Again, Nicholas, thank you for this Swedish beauty and your endless support here!

Christian
Hog_No32 is offline   Reply With Quote