Very low visibility range

Hypersteff

Hi everyone,

I just recognized that in version 2.1.1.6837, the object view distance seems to be very low although video options are pretty high.

At Creech AFB for example, buildings and objects look like "growing out of the ground" at ranges between 8 and 4 nm, which which is very disturbing when observing locations through the TGP of an A-10C.

This does not happen on the Caucasus map.

I captured a short movie showing the problem. Hope this is in the correct section of the forum, have never done such thing before. Thanks in advance everyone.:helpsmilie:

Edited by Hypersteff

Rendering distances of objects were certainly tweaked on NTTR in one of recent updates, and for the worse that is.

For example, the cylindrical tank standing east of Groom runway I was happy to use as a bombing practice target for F-86, could be visible from more than 10k ft before, now it pops up way lower, only when I'm already diving in its direction (too late to adjust aiming point!).

Haven't checked how "visibility range" setting affects the structures now, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

There's no public bugtracker, so here's probably the only place to highlight the issue.

I'm afraid in might not be a "bug" per se, though, but rather a bit too radical yet intended method of performance optimization - not the first one on NTTR, where visual quality was sacrificed to increase fps (for example we still have lower rez distant clipmaps compared to early release version of the map).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This is terrible! When i fly low Level it seems that objects belonging to buildings like an aircondotion or a balcony seem to grow right infront of me. Its looks like the building is rendered incomplete until you are like 300m away from it. It then starts to build the rest of the details. Hopefully this really is a bug!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals