Change "sensor up/sensor down" to zoom WMD-7 instead of look up and down

St. Agre

Hi,

Just wanted to suggest that the "sensor up/sensor down" keybind zoom the WMD-7 instead of move it up and down, since the TDC already does that and sensor up/down changes the radar elevation, it seems like it makes more logical sense this way, since otherwise it's a doubled-up keybind and most of us don't have many absolute axes to use.

Thanks!

The FOV hotas control only changes between wide/narrow. While the sensor up/down can be used to control antenna elevation, it doesn't work that way on TGP.

The actual TGP zoom function is currently available only with axis.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The FOV hotas control only changes between wide/narrow. While the sensor up/down can be used to control antenna elevation, it doesn't work that way on TGP.

The actual TGP zoom function is currently available only with axis.

You can absolutely bind targeting pod zoom controls to buttons. If you go into the "sensors" category and look for "FOV Increase" and "FOV Decrease", those will control the TGP zoom level. That said, it is my understanding that you don't want to ALSO bind it to a axis as the axis will always take priority and will cancel out button presses.

I have been using the above bindings and they work fine.

You can absolutely bind targeting pod zoom controls to buttons. If you go into the "sensors" category and look for "FOV Increase" and "FOV Decrease", those will control the TGP zoom level. That said, it is my understanding that you don't want to ALSO bind it to a axis as the axis will always take priority and will cancel out button presses.

I have been using the above bindings and they work fine.

I think those might be different things than what the OP is talking about. Iirc, the FoV increase/decrease changes between wide and narrow FoV, whereas the analogue axis allows for actual gradual zoom control.

The latter represents the zoom dial that controls both radar elevation and tpod zoom, but the digital button bind for radar elevation does not actually work the same way: while it does change radar elevation, it also changes the elevation on the tpod rather than the zoom level, so it's not actually properly manipulating that HOTAS dial. It doesn't make much sense that the axis bind for elevation/zoom affects the dial, as it should, but that the button bind for elevation does not do the same thing.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧