GAH! We needs the training vids!

Harlikwin

Redkite! Reapers! Jabbers! Chuck! Sweet Jeebus! I can't do anything in this thing!

Well, I can kinda shoot stuff down in A/A :thumbup:, But A/G seems to be beyond my limited capacities... HALP! :)

I figured out how to use the TPOD thanks to redkite, but for the life of me I can't hit a damn thing with weapons. I can fire the rockets, but I think they are "safed", I can drop the GPS guided bombs but they land at the WP I have and not the target nearby, GBU12's drop but don't guide, even though I have "man" mode selected on the TGP, Master arm is on etc...

I'm not stupid or proud enough to ask for HALP!

Halp ol Harli!

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

ok, so far I have this figured out. on the SMS page, make sure you change the FUZE type from SAFE to NOSE for LGBs and EFUZE for the rockets. You have to do this for each Pylon.

also, unlike in the F16 and F18, for CCRP drop (AUTO here) it's not press and hold and it'll drop at 0... just press and let go. I can't figure out the cue for dropping it at the right time, so I've been winging it.

the BRM is easy. find a target with TGP, press lock target, and fire away when HUD says IN RANGE. make sure fuse is set to EFUZE.

Hopefully that helps!

Redkite! Reapers! Jabbers! Chuck! Sweet Jeebus! I can't do anything in this thing!

Well, I can kinda shoot stuff down in A/A :thumbup:, But A/G seems to be beyond my limited capacities... HALP! :)

I figured out how to use the TPOD thanks to redkite, but for the life of me I can't hit a damn thing with weapons. I can fire the rockets, but I think they are "safed", I can drop the GPS guided bombs but they land at the WP I have and not the target nearby, GBU12's drop but don't guide, even though I have "man" mode selected on the TGP, Master arm is on etc...

I'm not stupid or proud enough to ask for HALP!

Halp ol Harli!

giphy.gif

this is what ive been able to figure out after fiddling yesterday.

STEP 0: After rearm/arm, ask ground crew to update cartridge. Load cartridge and install. (make sure you have 200MB space in your C drive XD)

step 1: Press 7 on number row on keyboard to AG mode

step 2: turn on master arm

step 3: cycle to weapon you want using weapon cycle key

step 4: set fuze, mode type

step 5: make sure hud cues are good for drop otherwise it won't drop.

step 6: drop

What is even the problem? All that stuff is pretty self-explanatory, the UI of the avionics is so modern that there's practically nothing you can do wrong IMHO

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

What is even the problem? All that stuff is pretty self-explanatory, the UI of the avionics is so modern that there's practically nothing you can do wrong IMHO

Lol. There is a saying, if you have nothing better to say...

I found the bombing functionality quite close to the A10c. You can try the tutorials there if you have that module. Seems like you do need to set up the weapons on the ground as the fuses default to safe.

How do i get to the sms page? Thats the issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Press either one...

(picture from Chuck's guide)

sms.thumb.PNG.3defe00b8872e6ce7439daf04d107079.PNG

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

They are coming, We have a couple out now and are working on them as quick as we can. We don't have a manual either so we are learning on the fly like you, we are quickly getting the hang of it. Link to the JF-17 videos are in the 3rd party tutorials section under DEKA JF-17 THUNDER. or search Grim Reapers on YT.

Pro tip:

You can get to the SMS page instantly by pressing the Master Mode switch AFT (A/G mode) on the throttle (binding: "7"). Top Left MFCD page will automatically show the SMS page.

Yeah but I didn't see any "arming" stuff there. Anyhow, I'm sure more practice on my part will fix me up.

Ripcord;4128298']They are coming' date=' We have a couple out now and are working on them as quick as we can. We don't have a manual either so we are learning on the fly like you, we are quickly getting the hang of it. Link to the JF-17 videos are in the 3rd party tutorials section under DEKA JF-17 THUNDER. or search Grim Reapers on YT.[/quote']

Cool, I'll look for some reaper vids, didn't know you guys had em out yet.