Chuck's AJS-37 Viggen Guide

Charly_Owl

Did a first pass on the typos/mistakes of the Viggen guide. Please let me know if you find any other mistakes.

You outdid yourself this time with the comprehensive look at the bomb delivery modes.

I did find a couple of errors with regards to the countermeasures.

• p.111: after saying to use flares sparingly, you say "Once the ÉCLAIR pod is implemented by RAZBAM, more flares will be available." This is obviously c/p from the M-2000C guide.
  • p.112: P3 says 8 mins (8 if 2 pods equipped). Assume this should be 16 like P4.

Best,

HF

p.51: Target point marked as T3, should be M3?

p.57: PPI scope mislabled as PPO

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You outdid yourself this time with the comprehensive look at the bomb delivery modes.

I did find a couple of errors with regards to the countermeasures.

• p.112: P3 says 8 mins (8 if 2 pods equipped). Assume this should be 16 like P4.

Best,

HF

No typo.

In P3 both pods dispense in parallel so its 8 minutes whether you carry 1 or 2 pods.

where as in P4 you dispense at the same speed but one pod at the time

(this is the difference between the two modes).

Any way to get that circle/plus selector that you use in picking up targets to recenter, its very frustrating to have to turn you plane around to go find where in the radar the cursor currently is, so you can slew it back to where you need ti if you enabled the T1 mode too early and fly over the point it defaults to....

Let me know

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Any way to get that circle/plus selector that you use in picking up targets to recenter, its very frustrating to have to turn you plane around to go find where in the radar the cursor currently is, so you can slew it back to where you need ti if you enabled the T1 mode too early and fly over the point it defaults to....

Let me know

Hit T0 (used like a cancel button) and then T1 again, cross will reappear.

No typo.

In P3 both pods dispense in parallel so its 8 minutes whether you carry 1 or 2 pods.

where as in P4 you dispense at the same speed but one pod at the time

(this is the difference between the two modes).

Thanks. Explains a lot. :thumbup:

@Chuck, in that case, I recommend a clarification specifying that P3 dispenses in parallel while P4 dispenses in series (hence the difference if 2 pods are attached).

You are a real asset to this community Charly_Owl, thanks for all your work an contributions.

Salute

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Page 111. P2: Chaff Rapid Release: Interval repeated as long as KB release switch is held.

Shouldn't it be "Starts on quick release press. Interval repeated until quick release pressed again."?

i3-2500k @3.30 GHz | Gigabyte HD7870 | 16 Gb RAM | SSD Samsung 850EVO | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

I follow instruction to create Pop Up waypoint for Gunpod / Rocket attack, but I can't set U point.

After defining M3 (target), I input xxxyy0 into data computer to define Pop up waypoint, then press B3 again, turn switch to output, but only M3 was set, U3 was not set.What did I do wrong ?

Thanks Chuck very helpful

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

After a module purchase, if you check if there's a guide done by Chuck, that means Chuck has became a standard in this job. :)

I've bought Viggen, and soon dowloaded Chuck'a guide.

I haven't check L.N.'s guide yet! :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068