JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

I'm starting to think that a certain someone was correct about SD-10 modeling. Can anyone confirm? It doesn't seem to have the range that the preview videos had.

Yeah, seems like they have reduced the performance of the SD-10. Will compare it to the current AIM-120C. Maybe ED had some hand in this after all.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

If you are going to test try similar setting to the twitch video we had, against an f15 around 25k/30k shot from 25 up to 40mn

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Or... just test against this...

These numbers are from 11/29/2019. So if there has been a change, there will be deviation. (I just haven't tested again yet)

Fire in a straight line, 5000ft, mach .83, and measure the distance from launch point to missile position at 400 knots true speed.

SD-10.PNG.2ced8693627a3a8bc23b2c6fb62baa09.PNG

I would like to offer a congratulation to Deka Ironworks.

For me this has been the best day 1 launch of a module ever, from any developer. The least amount of bugs, flight model issues, interface issues whatever. There are some, but really its as polished as other modules after more than a year after launch.

Looking forward to see and acquire your future modules Deka Ironworks! Cheers. Someone say J-8ll or Q-5 ? either would be a nice addition.

Yeah, Dont even need to test it, the SD-10 performance has been considerably reduced. it is similar or less capable than the current AIM-120C implimentation. This is very dissapointing indeed.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Yeah, Dont even need to test it, the SD-10 performance has been considerably reduced. it is similar or less capable than the current AIM-120C implimentation. This is very dissapointing indeed.

Hmmmm... Maybe I have the wrong files still... That would be my bad, though DCS should have updated over them.

Please link a source that explicitly says it cannot be deployed with a HEAT warhead. ;)

It is mentioned the Sky Arrow 90 and unguided Type 90-1 could take different warheads but there's no info on BRM1 variants, however there is a Sky Arrow 90 2014 brochure with specs. (i.e. weight and range) very similar to those quoted for the BRM1, so it's possible the BRM1 is a rebranded or an export variant but that's just a "Wild Eyed Guess".

RZJuCBa.jpg

Be prepared from even more crybabies to come here asking features to be toned down soon once they see how capable this jet is.

Current performance of the BRM1 in game seems reasonable from a gameplay and realism point of view - I could "one shot" the lightly armoured vehicles but attacking the front armour of a T72B took 4 shots before it went down.

I haven't tested side or rear shots.

Edited by Ramsay
Add Sky Flash 90 Brochure

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Is there any official statement on why they reduced the performance of the SD-10? They explained why they had to reduce the performance of BRM1.

It is mentioned the Sky Arrow 90 and unguided Type 90-1 could take different warheads but there's no info on BRM1 variants, however there is a Sky Arrow 90 2014 brochure with specs. (i.e. weight and range) very similar to those quoted for the BRM1, so it's possible the BRM1 is a rebranded or an export variant but that's just a "Wild Eyed Guess".

RZJuCBa.jpg

Current performance of the BRM1 in game seems reasonable from a gameplay and realism point of view - I could "one shot" the lightly armoured vehicles but attacking the front armour of a T72B took 4 shots before it went down.

I haven't tested side or rear shots.

Yeah, that sounds great. When I interpret the graphics with the armor values(?) correct, side, rear and top have even lower values so they are more likely to get you a kill with one AP round.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So stupid question: How do you enable nose wheel steering?

Go to controls and select "Search..." from the drop down instead of "All". Type in NWS. It should show up.

Im not sure at all because I bound it to hotas immediately but I think I remember it being LAlt+D.

Despite how upset I am with certain weapon downgrades, I love this jet. The level of detail when using instruments is very entertaining. I congratulate Deka on making a very controversal jet possible which is not considered capable by many, even in real world.

Hopefully more people are enjoying this jet like I am.

Funny thing is the jet isn't even fully developed in real life yet. Block I was like alpha version, Block II is beta, Block III is like v1.0 where it catches up and even crosses F16 in many respects. Block III will come with a B variant that seats two. It will also get a better engine, lighter and possibly more aerodynamic airframe, HMD, better radar, even more screen space, PL-15 etc etc.

Edited by shaHeen-1

When i switch between waypoints via +/- key, nothing happens. Is that bug?

Push the R1 button first, the waypoint number will be flashing, and you should be able to change the current waypoint through +/-.

Edited by IED

Hey guys,

First of all congrats for release of JF-17.

I'm definitely enjoy flying it on servers.

Currently I have one question for anyone with in-game expirience: When firing multiple LD-10s, does anyone have CTD or it's my rig?

Again, congrats Deka for JF-17 and keep up the good work!

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Does JF-17 has auto-throttle (ATC), like the Hornet? And what is the difference between CAS and TAS? What are they for? Thanks! :)

It doesn't.

See 3) and 5): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

When I do a manual start-up, the autopilot button does not function in air. Is there a step specifically to turn on autopilot instrument before I can activate it?

EDIT : Nevermind, Autopilot mode does not work with Air to Air Master Mode. I believe this is an intended function.

Edited by Terrorban

Welp bought the jf17.

Great module. great experience to Fly a non western design that feels so much like something that could have been designed by one of such nations . It has so many comparable and in some areas better features than likes of the viper or hornet ( mostly missile warning and larger multipurpise displays) Almost like a more beefy modernized f5.

Also I applaud the team for releasing the module in such a complete state. Feels more like a proper open beta than an alpha product.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD