F-16 MFD Readability

USA_Recon

My MFDs look like the do ingame right now. Could they use more brightness / contrast? Maybe. All I'm saying is "I don't have readability issues with them, and judging from the real displays I saw sitting in a real F-16, they seem spot-on to me".

Will post a leaned back and leaned in screenshot with some action on the MFDs if I find time besides trying out the JF-17 tonight :D

That's odd, because ony my side they totally do not look like that at all. They are much more washed out for me. I wonder where that difference comes from? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’ve posted this video before but it’s always cool. This is a ramp start on an F-16C Block 30 in Iraq I believe. At the end the MFD’s fire up and even with the sun on them and reflections from the mechanics they are still clear and easy to read at a glance. There’s no need to lean in at all to see what’s displayed.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Hello i repeated it the HSD could be brighter (if ED selects to simulate with blue Range rings) please make them with light blue in order o be visible .... light blue could be all the blue text in MFD's and white text, light blue could also be the Radar horizon line.

Kind Regards

Edited by Geraki

I’ve posted this video before but it’s always cool. This is a ramp start on an F-16C Block 30 in Iraq I believe. At the end the MFD’s fire up and even with the sun on them and reflections from the mechanics they are still clear and easy to read at a glance. There’s no need to lean in at all to see what’s displayed.

e9e08fbb7949da21821b4f1d2873edec4713725a19f81673f4f1f9f662436227.jpg

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, here's my in game view.

L0yALtQ.png

Yep, mine look about like that with the sun behind me as well. Can you post another screen shot with some contacts from Link16? Hostile contacts, specifically the red ones. Not zoomed in but in your normal reclined flying position. Also with the sun on the nose of the jet?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

But the camera is closer to the MFDs than the pilot's eyes would be.

I spent my evening in the JF-17 and the Hornet yesterday to train for sunday's squad flyout, so I didn't record anything / take a screenshot. But even with that small ass screenie in this thread here I have little issues - leaning in a bit would make it even less of a problem, IMHO.

Concert tonight, bar evening tomorrow, but I'll try to take a screenie / vid ASAP.

(also I am not saying that they couldn't / shouldn't improve them MFDs more - it's just subjectively that I don't experience readability issues. That is all.)

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Yesterday i was flying on capture the base server in Neveda. Mission started in early morning and couldn't see a thing on mfd's

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I messed with some of the files and removed the LCD effect and that seemed to make the MFDs much brighter and more readable. The first two pictures are from the default reclined flying position and all pictures are with the sun in front of the jet.

It does make the white outline around the screen flicker a bit and the EHIS is a little harder to read but hopefully this helps some people until ED fix them.

1.thumb.png.f40110c0a2b5eae0f9ef980091816fa1.png

2.thumb.png.46a0a06facc5ee3e3e4f70ef07e92af3.png

3.thumb.png.53bf65a24d2f8e331b7ddd0931a233ea.png

4.thumb.png.942fbe1006472def16641a5c1469f5ba.png

F-16C Readable MFDs.zip

I messed with some of the files and removed the LCD effect and that seemed to make the MFDs much brighter and more readable. The first two pictures are from the default reclined flying position and all pictures are with the sun in front of the jet.

It does make the white outline around the screen flicker a bit and the EHIS is a little harder to read but hopefully this helps some people until ED fix them.

Wow!! Very nicely done!

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heya, files of Holychocmilk. I DL and changed it, thats the result.

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Yeah I forgot to mention that it makes the exported MFDs unreadable. If you want better exported MFDs I would recommend the files that SPAS79 uploaded on post # 46 of this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251203. It should be noted that while those files make the exported MFDs better they make the in game ones even worse and it messes up the exported EHSI.

Yeah I forgot to mention that it makes the exported MFDs unreadable. If you want better exported MFDs I would recommend the files that SPAS79 uploaded on post # 46 of this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251203. It should be noted that while those files make the exported MFDs better they make the in game ones even worse and it messes up the exported EHSI.

Outstanding mod sir! I can see!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That works awesome! Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A much much better view

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=222509&d=1575755915

Q: to change HSD range rigs which value we could edit? e.g to make them sharp purple?

I attached the files I used in my original post. The only files I edited were the config.lua in cockpit/scripts and then I increased the stroke thickness a little in the MFD_left_init.lua and MFD_right_init.lua for when the LCD effect is off.

If you want to only edit the HSD range rings or edit the colors I am not sure how to do that unfortunately.

I attached the files I used in my original post. The only files I edited were the config.lua in cockpit/scripts and then I increased the stroke thickness a little in the MFD_left_init.lua and MFD_right_init.lua for when the LCD effect is off.

If you want to only edit the HSD range rings or edit the colors, I am not sure how to do that unfortunately.

Thank you, my friend, your edit is very nice also I wish to see HSD MAGNETIC NORTH orientation and HSD A-A ghost cursor

or ghost cross in any Mini update soon.....

https://imgur.com/OsjVPuZ

OsjVPuZ

Edited by Geraki

I noticed I can turn down brightness now with the rocker on the MFD. It does not however brighten the MFD’s without the mod though, then again with the mod they’re almost perfect :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh man this is so much better - thank you! only problem I have noticed is that it seems to mess up the HSI's readability, don't suppose there's any way to make the HSI exempt from this change? that was the one instrument I _could_ just about see.