i DID IT!! i DID IT!!

Capn Penguin

I'm sorry but all my old geezer friends think DCS is a waste of time so you guys and gals are all I have to share this with. Y'all do it all the time and I'm sure it's easy as pie to everyone else but with my shaking hands it has been very difficult for me but I finally was able to Air to Air refuel!

I was so excited I paused and took a screenshot just as the tanker went into a right hand bank. unpausing and immediately trying to compensate for the bank, my wobbly hands and racing heart.... Well, let's just say it didn't end well for me or the poor tanker crew. BUT there for a moment, I was a real pilot :) Of course then I became the worlds highest fireworks display so I guess that counts for something.

4g482XP

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4g482XP.png
Edited by Cap'n Penguin

Cap'n Penguin

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations on loosing your virginity ;)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I never forget trying to learn and refuel with the A10 back then..

'ready pre-contact' 'contact, youre taking fuel', 'return pre-contact'

then I flew 2 hours formation with the damn tanker, thinking this was the hardest thing to do in the world, not knowing you have to press that little NWS button in the A10 to actually re-connect lol

Indeed, congrats buddy!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Congrats CP. Keep at it because u can lose it.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It isn't easy by any means, but basically boils down to formation flying. Practice that and it'll help you with AAR, too =) Congratulations ) There's a lot of ''accomplishment'' in DCS and it's got a good community, too )

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Thanks to all for not laughing at an old man's accomplishment :). and for offering the encouragement. Haven't been able to fly for last few days preparing for a move but I can't wait to get set-up in my new house on Thursday and do some more drogue chasing.

Great day to all.

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
It isn't easy by any means, but basically boils down to formation flying. Practice that and it'll help you with AAR, too =) Congratulations ) There's a lot of ''accomplishment'' in DCS and it's got a good community, too )

Well , mostly

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2