Help please

Wood

Good day everyone.

Question, at the time I’m building a mission that will be can be run continuously. The intent is to have multiple sorties the client can choose from depending on what they want to do. What I’m having an issue with is how to set it up for when the particular sortie is chosen it will be reset if successfully passed or the client disconnects. I’m not sure what script whether moose or Mist wouldn’t be the best choice or could it be setup simply within the editor itself.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around using moose. I’ve been using mist as of now because it seems much easier to use.

I appreciate, any suggestions and help so thank you.

Wood

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm afraid I don't know how to do exactly what you're looking for, but it would be possible to have every item available at all times, and to reset the sorties when they are selected via the radio menu.

If it's purely air to air, simply create a radio item that sets a flag true, then create a switched condition trigger that looks for that flag then fires a quick mist.respawnGroup ('whatever', true) in a do script container and resets the flag to off. Whenever the radio item is selected, the spawned group will reset to their original position with their original flight plan, even if still active.

If there are air to ground taskings involved, the same principle will work but you'll probably also want to clean up the destroyed vehicles...there is a script command for this in both MiST and MOOSE but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I'm afraid I don't know how to do exactly what you're looking for, but it would be possible to have every item available at all times, and to reset the sorties when they are selected via the radio menu.

If it's purely air to air, simply create a radio item that sets a flag true, then create a switched condition trigger that looks for that flag then fires a quick mist.respawnGroup ('whatever', true) in a do script container and resets the flag to off. Whenever the radio item is selected, the spawned group will reset to their original position with their original flight plan, even if still active.

If there are air to ground taskings involved, the same principle will work but you'll probably also want to clean up the destroyed vehicles...there is a script command for this in both MiST and MOOSE but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sorry for the late reply.I use what your describing here in our NTTR mission I was just wondering if there people had a preferred preference to using Mist or Moose or do they use both.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I need more help to understand "how to set it up for when the particular sortie is chosen it will be reset if successfully passed of the client disconnects."

Are you wanting the flight to be refilled by AI?

There's some parity with https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/AI_Balancer.html

But I am not sure from your description. Is your intention to just run Tactical Commander slots and have Clients jump into existing AI flights? And thus you mean, will the AI continue their flightplan when exiting?

Answer to that AFAIK is it's locked into DCS when you abandon an aircraft that the current flightplan/Task is scrubbed, by design so choice of scripting is irrelevant.

For a MOOSE vs Mist discussion, they both sit at a higher level than DCS Scripting Engine LUA commands that you can find on the web and wrap them in a similar way. The main differentiators are that MOOSE does some complete automation modules that are pulling together entire concepts such as the one I listed above, Tasking, CAP and patrols. It has a larger amount of functions. Mist has a more simple approach but can shorten simple scripting in places and has a couple of functions that don't get matched in MOOSE, but on the whole MOOSE is larger and more detailed.

That said you can use both together harmoniously so it shouldn't even be a question, if it's small one liners Mist tends to be easier as it's only building single functions, whereas if you want to do something full on you get more bang for your buck with MOOSE.

I have scripts with Moose, Mist and ordinary scripting engine Lua in them at the same time. Use what you need.

Good day everyone.

Question, at the time I’m building a mission that will be can be run continuously. The intent is to have multiple sorties the client can choose from depending on what they want to do. What I’m having an issue with is how to set it up for when the particular sortie is chosen it will be reset if successfully passed of the client disconnects. I’m not sure what script whether moose or Mist wouldn’t be the best choice or could it be setup simply within the editor itself.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around using moose. I’ve been using mist as of now because it seems much easier to use.

I appreciate, any suggestions and help so thank you.

Wood

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi Pikey

Sorry for the confusion.

I need more help to understand "how to set it up for when the particular sortie is chosen it will be reset if successfully passed or the client disconnects."

I'm trying to build a dynamic PvE mission that will provide a multitude of training missions to be flown at the choice of client. Based on the same concept of "Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS)". What I'm wanting to do is to have the each mission either reset on mission success once the client/clients lands or once the clients leave.

I have setup something similar in an NTTR dynamic mission with A2A, A2G missile trainer using several selections on the F10 menu but nothing as detailed as I want to do here.

Are you wanting the flight to be refilled by AI?
I've recently thought about using AI_Balancer so at the moment "No" not at this time.

Answer to that AFAIK is it's locked into DCS when you abandon an aircraft that the current flightplan/Task is scrubbed, by design so choice of scripting is irrelevant.

Sorry not understanding what your meaning here. I'm assuming your meaning the client slots have particular flight plan and are tasked with a certain mission. The answer to that would be no. Each client slot does not have a particular task or flight plan.That is to be determined on the mission they choose in the F-10 option. Once clients are log off the server the mission will then pause.

For a MOOSE vs Mist discussion, they both sit at a higher level than DCS Scripting Engine LUA commands that you can find on the web and wrap them in a similar way. The main differentiators are that MOOSE does some complete automation modules that are pulling together entire concepts such as the one I listed above, Tasking, CAP and patrols. It has a larger amount of functions. Mist has a more simple approach but can shorten simple scripting in places and has a couple of functions that don't get matched in MOOSE, but on the whole MOOSE is larger and more detailed.

That said you can use both together harmoniously so it shouldn't even be a question, if it's small one liners Mist tends to be easier as it's only building single functions, whereas if you want to do something full on you get more bang for your buck with MOOSE.

I have scripts with Moose, Mist and ordinary scripting engine Lua in them at the same time. Use what you need.

Thank you for this clarification. I hope this helps to clear up the uncertainly of what I'm trying to get at.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]