Help with Mission 6 of Georgian Hammer

Novak

So I can't pass mission 6 of Georgian Hammer. It is the one where you have to take out as many T-72's as possible. The issue is that 2 or 3 Mig-29's keep coming in and shooting me down. This isn't helped by the AU (Artificial Unintelligent) no doing their job. I task the 2 F-16's or F-18's to do CAP and they claim to see and engage the Mig's, yet they never get shot down, fly freely, and shoot me down every time. I even changed my loadout to just 4 sidewinders with the plan of shooting the bastards down myself and then RTB to get the loadout I need for the tanks. I shot one down, but was killed by the other. It's a single A10-C vs 2 Mig 29's. The other aircraft are worthless as they don't help at all. Has anyone else had this problem or found a tactic that works to complete the mission? This is what sucks about DCS, each run takes a significant amount of time, it's not like starting from a checkpoint, so when the AI fails to do its job, a mission becomes pretty much impossible.

I think Georgian Hammer is not copy protected, so a fairly hands-on solution would be to just edit the mission in question.

I think the supplied campaigns reside in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\A-10C\Campaigns, though not 100% certain.

You could try to remove some of the MiG's weapons, or remove them altogether, or if you're the vengeance kind of guy, add two flights of Tomcats with Phoenix. That should hopefully take care of the 29s, or at least keep them occupied until the others shoot them down. ;)

How do I open and edit the file? it's a .miz.

Also, I found out after repeated attempts to try and shoot the planes down myself that there are 6. 2 Mig 29's, 2 SU-24's, and 2 of something else. Whoever made this mission for an A-10C wasn't very smart since A-10's don't do Air to Air and the AI is too stupid to engage the enemy.

Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by Novak

Nevermind, figured it out.

How to edit missions? Yeah, that's what the mission editor is for. :thumbup:

Do Fencers go after A-10s? I assumed they'd be more interested in self defense. Of course it's possible friendly CAP assets prioritize them higher than the MiG-29s.

It's quite possible that the mission used to work as intended, but then a change in AI behavior made it much harder than it should be. The mission editor can be a tremendous help in such cases.

I have generously edited some of these missions in Mission Editor. One change I made in every one of the mission: Changed the task of the friendly fighters from CAP to Fighter Sweep. That seems to make them more aggressive.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5