F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

- Disguised from HGU-33 to HGU-55P Helmet

omg so much in love with this!!

Is it available for download?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

VF-32 Swordsmen Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003 PACK

Sorry, I do not plan to distribute my blank SKIN.

These skins will be released with "do not unauthorized modification" and "do not redistribution". You are free to modify it for your personal using, but please refrain from redistributing them and sharing screenshots.

It is a policy that leads to all my works:thumbup:

I'm sorry if you were disappointed.

- Customize AN/AAQ-25 LANTIRN Targeting Pod -

JzMIYWx.jpg

gzM5cYE.jpg

GOpKZ1k.jpg

3iBtQgk.jpg

Fix to the correct panel line and re-insert all rivets and screws.

- Color variations -

gM8ijs1.jpg

I need more time.:music_whistling:

Edited by isoko

Isoko you are doing an amazing job!!! Looking forward to adding your skins to my collection.

For anyone else - I know it is way fictional but would anyone try to make the Blue Angles skin for the Tomcat? If it's a dumb idea I understand. Just seen these photos on the web and thought what could have been lol.

520a283467bdd4daa119091f653103cf.thumb.jpg.85f264dc739b027707b587f09f14a440.jpg

1115b06a1c12b51c25094beef0d8170b.thumb.jpg.4a593d09af839f7d6369f42a25dd9ffa.jpg

f3d93dbddc73045c034d15ab46ae6952.thumb.jpg.8b3eb62e0cedbe3a7e22ab594ba2824f.jpg

Edited by The Thunderbird

:joystick::pilotfly:The Thunderbird:pilotfly::joystick:

- Customize AN/AAQ-25 LANTIRN Targeting Pod -

JzMIYWx.jpg

gzM5cYE.jpg

GOpKZ1k.jpg

3iBtQgk.jpg

Fix to the correct panel line and re-insert all rivets and screws.

- Color variations -

gM8ijs1.jpg

I need more time.:music_whistling:

Are these able to be applied with a skin? Or is it a seperate mod that would fale IC.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

So let me start by saying I have no idea how to do skins. I noticed that the F/A-18C has dynamic side numbers that appear when you change in sim. Does this feature work with the F-14B? Assuming it does not, then does that mean you would have to have a separate skin for each side number if you wanted different ones? Lastly, has anyone done a full VF-103 Jolly Rogers squadron set that has been shared?

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

I see Isoko is making a few more VF-103 skins that he is working on. The only ones I've found are VF-103 with nose number 201 / 202, and 1988 VF-84 AJ200, 201, 202, 203, 204, and 207. I am a huge Jolly Rodgers fan and will love to have the ones Isoko is making. I do request the VF-103 Christmas tail where they had a Santa hat and candy canes for the bones.

Maybe a few future ideas for and Jolly Rodger love out there :)

7cf35428ee4d05dc9bb7cc89815cd56c.jpg.d24bf915dfedc67a1b885599db344d58.jpg

13335206205_082da94fcd_o.thumb.jpg.964e6219fa020e8439ce77817938517e.jpg

13335618824_d1696af6b5_o.thumb.jpg.495a0c0725b63338287dfed1dd336949.jpg

df26997c202bc11bf34856b00590b137.thumb.jpg.742b0557aa2771fe45bcb2e594a3f268.jpg

f14-amarc-20.thumb.jpg.c0b082b2c585d46ce56557178cef306f.jpg

Edited by The Thunderbird

I see Isoko is making a few more VF-103 skins that he is working on. The only ones I've found are VF-103 with nose number 201 / 202, and 1988 VF-84 AJ200, 201, 202, 203, 204, and 207. I am a huge Jolly Rodgers fan and will love to have the ones Isoko is making. I do request the VF-103 Christmas tail where they had a Santa hat and candy canes for the bones.

Maybe a few future ideas for and Jolly Rodger love out there :)

Yes. I will also work on VF-103.

For Final Tomcat Cruise 2004 PACK, we plan to include 10 Tomcats per Squadron.

I don't use dynamic modex placement at all. This is to reproduce individual dirt and mission marks.

Well, that's why my Skin Pack has a very large file size. Since the maximum upload file size limit (300MB) in the ED User Files section will be exceeded even by one skin, it will be uploaded by multiple parts such as Part 1 to XX by split compression.

I hope ED will raise the upload file size limit.:(

Edited by isoko

I know it's a lot of work and I wish I had the skill set to help out the community as you are. I'm positive all the skins you make will look amazing.

Oh found one more with a lantern pod. Kinda matches the great work you are doing. Thanks again for the hard work!!

7471712e5a903b3eee617b46a79e0cc2.thumb.jpg.c1250d6e0c9cb6d5d66a1418a495660c.jpg

I know it's a lot of work and I wish I had the skill set to help out the community as you are. I'm positive all the skins you make will look amazing.

Oh found one more with a lantern pod. Kinda matches the great work you are doing. Thanks again for the hard work!!

Thanks!:thumbup:

OD9j7TU.jpg

Due to the lack of uniformity among F-14 squadrons with modex number size, placement, and typeface, Heatblur is still working out dynamic modex placement.

Thanks for the update!

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

Yes. I will also work on VF-103.

For Final Tomcat Cruise 2004 PACK, we plan to include 10 Tomcats per Squadron.

I don't use dynamic modex placement at all. This is to reproduce individual dirt and mission marks.

Well, that's why my Skin Pack has a very large file size. Since the maximum upload file size limit (300MB) in the ED User Files section will be exceeded even by one skin, it will be uploaded by multiple parts such as Part 1 to XX by split compression.

I hope ED will raise the upload file size limit.:(

Your work is spectacular Sir!!!

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

@isoko You sir are hands down the best livery artist I've ever seen in DCS. Absolutely love your work for the Hornet and can't wait to have these Tomcat liveries. The attention to detail is insane. Also please make sure to correct the misplaced bumpmap that is there by defaul as detailed in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246377

Tuniorez, that's an F-14A livery. VF-84 never flew the B.

VF-103's low-viz jets looked like this:

2543811.jpg?v=v40

I am hoping someone better than me tackles this one for VF-102. It would go great with the Persian Gauntlet campaign. I tried but had some compatibility issues with PS4.

photo_9999_98552.jpg

I know buddy, but theres a lot f-14a skins mods made for b already, i just wanted to see this one aswell in f-14b :)

Due to the lack of uniformity among F-14 squadrons with modex number size, placement, and typeface, Heatblur is still working out dynamic modex placement.

Having everyone flying the same modex number is a bigger immersion killer than the font style/placement of the modex itself, IMO. I still haven't managed a full compliment of any F-14B squadrons due to the lack of dynamic modex and lack of B model liveries.

Great skin VFlip ! I agree Nealius the modex situation is a pain. Hopefully we will see the dynamic modex system implemented, common Heatblur we are cheering you on !!!

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Having everyone flying the same modex number is a bigger immersion killer than the font style/placement of the modex itself, IMO. I still haven't managed a full compliment of any F-14B squadrons due to the lack of dynamic modex and lack of B model liveries.

Heatblur made the choice they made. I can understand also the flipside of the coin complaining how the generic modex placement killing the immersion on the 30+ liveries the F-14B wore across the 10 squadrons that flew it. The issue would only get more aggarvating when we get the F-14A and the sheer number of modex styles across its history.

The only game I have ever seen to get this right was the Strike Fighters series, where instead of typing a number in, you got a dropdown menu and the whole modex was a single decal read from a .tga. The .tgas were named and sequenced according to the aircraft number. Decal placement and size was determined by an easily edited .dll file. You were limited by the number of aircraft in that livery to choose from and couldn't type numbers in, but it was the best way to be accurate. ED chose a different way to do it, and Heatblur had to make a tough decision.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

I'm still unsure how ED's method prevents a similar function to Strike Fighters. The MiG-21 for example, has such .tga files for the modex numbers, and the various liveries all have different fonts/placement depending on country and squadron. I'm not clear on how that same method wouldn't be possible with the Tomcat.

I'm still unsure how ED's method prevents a similar function to Strike Fighters. The MiG-21 for example, has such .tga files for the modex numbers, and the various liveries all have different fonts/placement depending on country and squadron. I'm not clear on how that same method wouldn't be possible with the Tomcat.

On the MiG-21, can the placement locations be edited? Are the coordinates on the model something that the average user can edit?

This is what a single decal entry looks like on a Strike Fighters, from one of the available F-14 skins:

[Decal002]

MeshName=Nose <-------------------------------Component

DecalLevel=2 <-------------------------------Type (whether this decal appears all the time, only on specific aircraft, or for specific squadrons)

DecalFacing=LEFT <-------------------------------vertical/horizontal orientation

FilenameFormat=F-14D\USNVF213OEF\nosel <---File name and location

Position=4.85,-0.08 <-------------------------------Coordinate position on Mesh

Rotation=0.0 <-------------------------------Rotational orientation

Scale=10.0 <-------------------------------Size position on mesh

DecalMaxLOD=4 <-------------------------------Determines the view distance the decal can be seen

I don't have the MiG-21, but from what I have seen of other DCS aircraft, all you can edit are the decals that are visible and what the file names are. You can't edit the position, size, or orientation of each one. Not a big deal when position and size of the text is fairly uniform, such as with the F-15 or F/A-18. Not very useful on the F-14 with so many variations of position and size. To compare, look at VF-1's 1974 livery vs. VF-154's 1999 livery. Very different placement and size. If HB tried to replicate this with existing dynamic system, either VF-154's numbers would be spread out too far if the numbers in the decal file were the correct size OR VF-1's numbers would be out of alignment with the red stripe on the fuselage and look wrong. Alternatively, they could have multiple entries for possible modex locations and it would be up to the skinner for them to the active or not, but that would bloat the size of the text file.

In Strike Fighters, you can't type in a number and expect it to show up like in DCS. You have to make a selection from a dropdown menu. In the case of the skin I drew the above entry from, you only have the modex numbers available in that squadron and can't put in your own. Each three-digit number has to be its own .tga file, and in fact this skin was edited so that the modex number and safety placards were all specific to the aircraft selected.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

hNm6hqE.png

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Amazing job. Quite.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle