Reason People Don't stream

iKyrThraad993i

Hey,

I was looking into streaming but then realized it wouldn't be fore me. I never saw a reason to entertain a audience or anything.

I feel like when I game I focus on gaming and not to want to get people to join my stream.

I ask because I am wondering since I am on the fence and based on the above info I really think streaming would not be for me

I ask because I am wondering since I am on the fence and based on the above info I really think streaming would not be for me

I fly DCS mostly to amuse myself .. I have no interest on entertaining other people, so I've never even thinked about streaming, but I do upload videos to YT from time to time, but mostly to use them as reference here on the Forum.

By the same token, I also dont enjoy watching other people stream DCS ... I find it a too pasive way to enjoy DCS, I'd rather be flying myself ... the only exceptions are the Tutorial-type videos, as I do enjoy them and usually watch them twice, the 2nd time taking notes :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

At the absolute basics streaming does afford the ability to record snippets of something interesting without remembering to record in the moment or record a whole video to your harddrive and editing then uploading it later. In that respect its great, especially if you fly online and can get multiple perspectives of a given event from multiple streamers.

I don't think it should be something that is required or people should be pressured into doing. Enjoy playing the game however you want to enjoy it. If that means by yourself its fine, if it means trying to gather an audience thats fine, or if it means just playing and not carrying if anyone is watching well thats fine too.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
I think the industry pushes everyone to stream everything for free marketing

and streamers take the bait in order to get free goodies

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I was interested in streaming for a bit, but for me I found a couple major issues:

1. Setting up the stream is a pain.

2. Aviation is "hours of boredom with seconds of sheer terror." No one is going to watch your takeoffs/landings/cruising/admin. They just want to see Michael Bay. And they want to see it right this bloody second.

3. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I forget vital procedure these days. "Why isn't my jet rolling?" Oh, parking brake is still on. "Hey, what are you doing?" Nuts I forgot about the ground crew. "Why didn't my bombs explode?" Oh yeah...forgot fuzing. "Is that an SA-elev *suddenly explodes*"

So yeah...I gave up on streaming DCS.