Expected development time?

fl0w

So, I figured that I would ask this question sooner than later. How will the F-16C development time compare similarly to the Hornet's time in EA? Will we see the F-16 to be finished faster, or almost the same time as the Hornet?

Given that a lot of the tech from the hornet will be similar to the Viper, I’d assume that the dev time will be substantially faster. The Hornet has been ED’s test bed for all these more advanced systems. It’ll be plug it in and adjust it for the Viper’s systems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Given that a lot of the tech from the hornet will be similar to the Viper, I’d assume that the dev time will be substantially faster. The Hornet has been ED’s test bed for all these more advanced systems. It’ll be plug it in and adjust it for the Viper’s systems.

I hope it doesn't take 9 months before we can fire a maverick...

It's faster than bumblebees. But it is absolutely impossible to finish it earlier than the bumblebee, and the possibility of doing it at the same time is very small. Because bumblebees are the focus of development, as well as the test products of new technologies and functions. Only bumblebees possess certain functions or new weapons and prove feasible. Experience and results in programming will benefit new aircraft. For example, the first stage of F16C has AIM-9X and JHMCS. Many codes are generic and require less overall development time than bumblebees.

The Hornet should be first to finish I believe. We don't even hear new news about air to ground radar for the Hornet if we believe that Hornet is ED's testbed.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

It's coming in EA with more than the Hornet did. So, it has a head start already.

Of course, the Hornet will be finished first, but hopefully, the Viper won't take as long as the Hornet did.

Buzz

The real answer is they don't know. Nobody actually knows exactly. Developping software is like solving a math problem. The initial time estimate is usually wrong and you can end up spending way longer than expected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Expect a long journey, and enjoy it.

If you can not wait until early access is over it will seem longer :)

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not getting my money before I see a clear project frame.

Or pay me as a beta tester not the other way around. :)

Is early release part of the funding of the project ?

What is the legal side of such an arrangement ?

I mean the must be some rules on the subject. "As is" is very big ballpark. ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It wont be as long as the Hornet I would assume, but nothing is known for sure, too early to really give a time line.

Thanks. And for phase 2, is there any certainty on how long that may take?