Bomb Fuzing Chart?

sobe

Is there a chart that gives you the various fuzzing parameters (nose, tail, N/T, etc) for the different Mark 82 bombs and the different CBU bombs?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes ! DCS Hornet early access guide page 134 :

"General Purpose Bombs (Mk-80 series):

• MFUZE = NOSE

• EFUZ = INST

Canister Munitions (CBU and Mk-20)

• MFUZE = VT o HT to 1500

• EFUZ = INST

Laser and GPS Guided (GBU series)

• MFUZE = OFF

• EFUZ = INST or DLY1

HT Option. For the Early Access release, the Mk-20, CBU-99, and CBU-100 canister weapons default to use FMU-140 fuses. This is a fixed-setting fuse with an arming time of 1.2 seconds after release."

As specified, for Canister Munitions you must set EFUZ to OFF instead of INST because early access FMU-140 fuses. INST setting messes up the fuses.

EDIT : sorry I missread forum section.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post

Unfortunately, the F/A-18C is not an A-10C, so none of that applies. ;)

And no, there is no single chart in the manual – just the description of the “invalid fuzing” HUD (p394) and the DSMS page descriptions (p532 and onwards) – but the main question is really, what is it you need to know that you want charted out?

As a general rule, nose = bomb explodes; tail = fancy features on the bomb (ballutes, guidance, sensors) work; nose/tail = both work. The only time you'd want anything other than N/T is if you intend to drop high-drag bombs in a low-drag configuration, in which case you set it to nose only.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Tippis

I think you covered a lot of ground. Let me think about this and get back to you. I am going to watch a DMS video by grim reaper now.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Weapon fusing isn't modeled for the A-10C outside of nose/tail use for Mk-82AIR pilot option as Tippis has pointed out.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL