Point of view

jef32

Hi

I've just used the Huey on the last beta version in VR and the eyepoint has changed to be more forward.

It's not an issue to use the backward camera but am I the only one to have this little issue ?

I must add that it's only for the beta.

It's just for the huey, other modules are quite normal.

I've read the changelog of the beta but nothing about that.

Thanks !

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

yep same here. the head position has changed and is more forward.

can we get it changed back so my head position is back over the shoulders of the pilot body?

the height is correct.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Thanks for answer. So it's a ED change.

Please, return us to the normal eyepoint please.

Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Yes it puts you too close to sights on the Co-pilot mode. Also too far forward to access overhead switches on Co-pilot position

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

jef32 did you ever figure out this problem?

I still have it and I also have it in the mi-8.

if I play back the track then my head starts in the right place and then goes back into the seat when I role the mouse back 2 clicks (part of the track).

does anyone know if there is a lua I can delete and then replace with a repair?

because my head starts in the right place in the track (in VR), I don't think its the oculus software.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Not sure about a fix but what I do when I feel too close is to move forward slightly (IRL) and then hit the VR Center key. It forces the "center" position to be slightly forward and then when I sit up straight my VR view feels more natural.

Did you try to double click your mouse wheel and then turn il backward ? Il works when in non vr mode to move your head base position front & back.

Edited by Plon

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

I always have to double click and scroll forward one click, as my VR eye point is normally too far back (if i look down, i'm looking down the pilot model neck hole). so it may have been a fix for that, but since people may have saved more forward positions to counter that problem, the fix put the view too far forward?

it only changed with the f-16 roll out beta.

for 2 1/2 years I didn't need to move the head in VR. the only helicopter I needed to move the head in was the gazelle. but I fixed that by using the correct IPD in game.

the centre head key now puts my head two clicks forward on the mouse when I fly the huey or the mi-8. but the centre head key puts my head in the right place in tracks.

so its odd.

I need to test more modules.

the only mod I have is scullz huey sound mod.

PSA:

If you set "Save Custom Snapviews" on in the settings, you can use RCTRL+RSHFT to move the camera, then RALT+numpad0 to save it. If you don't use any other snapviews before this process, it'll always save the default view.

I set up a 'mission' that had all the modules I own available in ramp start configuration, and went through and saved the default VR view for each. I own almost all modules and this process took about 5 minutes.

PSA:

If you set "Save Custom Snapviews" on in the settings, you can use RCTRL+RSHFT to move the camera, then RALT+numpad0 to save it. If you don't use any other snapviews before this process, it'll always save the default view.

I set up a 'mission' that had all the modules I own available in ramp start configuration, and went through and saved the default VR view for each. I own almost all modules and this process took about 5 minutes.

Thanks for this work around Wrench :thumbup:

I'd rather have ED to fix the initial problem though. Because, as some fellow forum members in this topic already mentioned, the default view (pilot head) has definitely changed for the worse somewhere in the past few weeks

Some response/confirmation from ED about this matter, would be appreciated

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH