Network issue joining multiplayer.

Hi all :)

I use teamspeak and when I click multiplayer in dcs and waiting for the server list, teamspeak dies to the point of teamspeak disconnect. My router is an Asus ac87u and In no other high intense network traffic do I get this behavior.

My comrades also on teamspeak can talk during the faze of loading multiplayer.

I checked the router and it loads a huge amount of connections, once i click multiplayer.

It is only dcs that does this and it didn't use to do it.

Thing settle down and I can join a server and have srs and teamspeak running no problem, but the first faze just kills my teamspeak. Super weird.

Windows firewall is off

Router is nat'ed and no conflicting ports with teamspeak (that i know of)

dcs ports nat to install machine is 10308 and 5222.

I also notice when downloading updates, it opens like 600 connections nad knowing torrents, that is a bit much.

Is it my setup ?

Is Dcs too aggressive ?

Can I configure something ?

Other game title with a huge serverlist/multiplayer thing does not behave like dcs.

It is like something is conflicting somewhere....

Any idea's :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

600 connections is nothing, you should at least be able to handle like 5k of new connections every second and like 500k permanently with that Router. I doubt a Router in that high-end home user segment would have problems handling that many new and/or concurrent connections.

Some old routers with weak hardware do have stability issues if you throw in the right P2P protocol, like ed2k.

Have you checked your Routers firmware settings. Maybe there is a limit set by a safety policy, that I could think of. If you have another PC, see if it kills TS on that one if you connect yours to MP.

Likely such a Policy is IP bound and would only affect your PC's IP, not another one in the same LAN. Just an idea..

2nd would be, update the Fw if there is a newer one.

3rd. Use another capable Router and see if the problem goes away. If yes, and the above didnt work either, contact Asus or RTFM over and over, if there is one that goes that deep.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

600 connections is nothing, you should at least be able to handle like 5k of new connections every second and like 500k permanently with that Router. I doubt a Router in that high-end home user segment would have problems handling that many new and/or concurrent connections.

Some old routers with weak hardware do have stability issues if you throw in the right P2P protocol, like ed2k.

Have you checked your Routers firmware settings. Maybe there is a limit set by a safety policy, that I could think of. If you have another PC, see if it kills TS on that one if you connect yours to MP.

Likely such a Policy is IP bound and would only affect your PC's IP, not another one in the same LAN. Just an idea..

2nd would be, update the Fw if there is a newer one.

3rd. Use another capable Router and see if the problem goes away. If yes, and the above didnt work either, contact Asus or RTFM over and over, if there is one that goes that deep.

Will test later :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

It was a router setting I got wrong.

I thought I was settings INBOUND restrictions.....and it was lan to wan restrictions......

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::police::police::police::police::censored::censored::censored::censored:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad you found it :smilewink:

RTFM pays :book:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X