KC-135 with wing baskets

Silvern

I believe its the KC-135DBA. I am thinking the DBA stands for Drogue Basket Assembly. I made a mission last night and saw that it was a placeable refueler in the mission editor.

I have yet to confirm it, but I will check tonight.

I believe its the KC-135DBA. I am thinking the DBA stands for Drogue Basket Assembly. I made a mission last night and saw that it was a placeable refueler in the mission editor.

The one in-game is the iron maiden variant. :)

I am interested in the variant with wing baskets, that allows it to refuel two planes at once.

Is such KC-135 planned?

IIRC C-135FR is planned

BDA - Boom Drogue Adaptor

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Let'S start to ask for a working normal BDA one and after ask for another variant. ;)

Actually, USAF also has KC-135R with wingtip pods. Since they know how to do it in DCS, we could have that earlier :music_whistling:

1280px-Boeing_KC-135R_Multipoint_Refueling.JPEG

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Actually, USAF also has KC-135R with wingtip pods. Since they know how to do it in DCS, we could have that earlier :music_whistling:

1280px-Boeing_KC-135R_Multipoint_Refueling.JPEG

What i mean is, the normal KC-135BDA has been failling patches fix for the last 3 patches, so my point is, for now we are all hoping that this one end up working, then we can dream another one. :)

For whatever reason, it isn’t working. Maybe it needs further support from ED or I don’t know what ?

It’s like when you are having some scholar exams: do what you can do the faster first, then spend your remaining time on the more difficult things.:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Let'S start to ask for a working normal BDA one and after ask for another variant. ;)

They had more luck with KC-130 which uses wing pods... Maybe the would have more luck with similiar KC-135 also? :music_whistling:

KC-135BDA for me doesn't work... It gives me the "cleared contact", let the boom go down in position, but when I have the contact, the boom moves up and removes the basket from my plane

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

They had more luck with KC-130 which uses wing pods... Maybe the would have more luck with similiar KC-135 also? :music_whistling:

yeah :) never mind the drunken Boom Operator and let the pilot do it<s job alone, wing pod all the way :P

KC-135BDA for me doesn't work... It gives me the "cleared contact", let the boom go down in position, but when I have the contact, the boom moves up and removes the basket from my plane

Yeah, it looks like one of those night, you know... when papa wants candies, but mama decided she has a headache at the proper moment and decided to turn around. :(

Yeah, it looks like one of those night, you know... when papa wants candies, but mama decided she has a headache at the proper moment and decided to turn around. :(

:music_whistling::joystick:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

It’s called KC-135R WARP (Wing Air Refueling Pods) or MPRS (Multiple Point Refueling System) and it seems like it could be done in DCSW considering the pods work on the KC-130. It would be a great force multiplier for tanking. 3>2. :D

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BDA: Boom-Drouge Adapter. This means the hose and drouge have been attached to the end of the existing boom. Very limited in theater as it restricts the tanker to one receiver type (probe or receptacle) only. MPRS: Multi Point Refueling System. These are the pods you see on the wingtips. This is a modification and only a limited number of KC-135s are equipped. This mod allows the tanker to switch between receiver types and is much preferred to the “iron maiden” (BDA) by receiver pilots due to the soft basket and more forgiving refueling envelope.

Former tanker driver here. Happy to elaborate on the tanker side of things for those who have questions or are curious.

Perhaps the difficulty in programming is to have a tanker which is capable of interchangeable boom and basket refueling behavior. Right now every tanker in DCS is either a boom or a basket but never both.

Obviously both from a practical point of view is the most practical if you're trying to support the widest variety of receivers. It's a literal one stop shop.

As there is already a KC-135 with functional flying boom for USAF fighters/ bombers, I can live with a KC-135R MPRS with only wingtip pod operating as a stop gap. We have been waiting this for soooooo long.

Kudo to Razbam for doing it, but please switch to wingtip pods which are functional while the problems with BDA or eventually MPRS capacity are corrected.

Because for now it's S-3 or KC-130. One is small the other is a bit slow.

Mirage fanatic !

As there is already a KC-135 with functional flying boom for USAF fighters/ bombers, I can live with a KC-135R MPRS with only wingtip pod operating as a stop gap. We have been waiting this for soooooo long.

Kudo to Razbam for doing it, but please switch to wingtip pods which are functional while the problems with BDA or eventually MPRS capacity are corrected.

Because for now it's S-3 or KC-130. One is small the other is a bit slow.

+1

Current tankers are a bit lacking.

MPRS even with only wingtip pods would be amazing.