Non combat aircraft

Jester986

It's basically a franco-german C-130. It's well known for conducting the so called Sarajevo Approach, officially known as Combat Approach. This technique was used a lot during the 1000-day siege of Sarajevo, where Transalls where used to supply the besieged city and had to use this technique to reduce their exposure to ground fire as much as possible. It's a very steep landing approach for which the Transall is especially well suited for. It would be great fun to do this in DCS.

:pilotfly:

Yea, just watched that in the video above, from around 15m10s. Could almost feel that in my stomach. I wanna do that in DCS :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole idea is to bring something new, but at the same time not stepping on those very sensitive against civvies in dcs toes (as a form of respect towards the community as a whole)

Some pointers

Heavy choppers, well, we plan on doing one

EW airframes, well, most if not all is pretty much cloak and dagger stuff, against of the "by the numbers" atmosphere in the DCS community, just saying..

I'm definetly on the C130 side. Probably the most multi-role cargo plane there is. H version is in service in many countries, and performs a myriad of roles. It scratch the itch of many people in this thread, even the carrier folks! Since we know they are already thinking of a helicopter, I won't mention those possibilities. Go to the Heavy helicopter thread for those. A C123 would be an acceptable alternative, but only because of the radials!

Do you think the E2 fall into the too classified area of EW Prowler?

Quite some years back, when i was developing the EA-6B for FSX, i learned that it was a federal offense to take a pic of the right seat position unless the equipment was removed (which they did for airshows), while it was not a threat, it was a "wake up call" i received..

Even as you can find schematics of all 4 positions (but not of the ICAP III) the way they perform is strictly classified.

E2 would have as much the pilot/co pilot position, while for the real AWACS function some kind of AI must be needed (created) increasing development costs and..well..you got the picture

After we getting F-4 and more and more Vietnam stuff, would choose the

OV-10 Bronco that is used in civil role and light military recon Plane.

Would be a impact later on a in MP and Fun to Fly...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I was worried that the E-2C was too classified, a C-2 I assume wouldn't be so tough to obtain material, it is being replaced very soon. Since DCS is going towards more carrier capable aircraft, it could add more depth to include the C-2.

I was inverted B)

Quite some years back, when i was developing the EA-6B for FSX, i learned that it was a federal offense to take a pic of the right seat position unless the equipment was removed (which they did for airshows), while it was not a threat, it was a "wake up call" i received..

Even as you can find schematics of all 4 positions (but not of the ICAP III) the way they perform is strictly classified.

E2 would have as much the pilot/co pilot position, while for the real AWACS function some kind of AI must be needed (created) increasing development costs and..well..you got the picture

Interesting! I wonder what the community would think of a fictional EW system in DCS. Something like an RWR with a cursor to select which source to jam.

C-160? Dropping cargo on pallets while flying 10 ft AGL. The pallets slide behind the aircraft until they eventually come to a stop. Saves quite some time unloading an aircraft ... heh.

Unfortunately I can't find any footage of this, but Transalls did this, iirc, in some humanitarian mission, somewhere in Africa? Or were those C-130? Whichever it was, I want that in DCS and do as they did there! :-D

edit:

3a192c66-10f3-11dd-837e-ca0f2916b105.jpg

b0a620f1aa93f5f14b9cc30ba39d96d3--ac--military-vehicles.jpg

Edited by Flagrum

the whole idea is to bring something new, but at the same time not stepping on those very sensitive against civvies in dcs toes (as a form of respect towards the community as a whole)

Some pointers

Heavy choppers, well, we plan on doing one

EW airframes, well, most if not all is pretty much cloak and dagger stuff, against of the "by the numbers" atmosphere in the DCS community, just saying..

I'm one of those "very sensitive against civvies in dcs" guys (no offense taken ;)). But military transport aircraft are not civil aircraft, although they are unarmed. They have a military operational purpose, so I'm totally fine with that :)

C-160? Dropping cargo on pallets while flying 10 ft AGL. The pallets slide behind the aircraft until they eventually come to a stop. Saves quite some time unloading an aircraft ... heh.

Unfortunately I can't find any footage of this, but Transalls did this, iirc, in some humanitarian mission, somewhere in Africa? Or were those C-130? Whichever it was, I want that in DCS and do as they did there! :-D

edit:

3a192c66-10f3-11dd-837e-ca0f2916b105.jpg

b0a620f1aa93f5f14b9cc30ba39d96d3--ac--military-vehicles.jpg

Neither of them is a C-160 Transall. The first one is a A-400M (which replaces the Transall) and the second one is a C-130. Just want to make this clear :)

But yes, the C-160 is capable of this as well :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Victor K2

I'm with you on that one, then we could have Gulf War III over the straights of Hormuz.

There's a whole range of aircraft that have been mentioned, but the Victor K2 is in museums, still got aircrew you could ask.....but you might have to hurry while they're still on the planet, Sorry gents!

Just found this

Seems like the right side is shown, not my video of course (incase the FBI is watching)

Edit: And if an E2C doesn't work, maybe an E-1 tracer, a little older but provides that awacs role.

Edited by Airj247

I was inverted B)