Fuel flow bug was never fixed?

bkthunder

So I just picked up the baguette today after a while, and noticed that fuel flow is still only taking into account altitude and not airspeed.. So at high altitude you can go Mach 2 for ages 'cause you're not burning any more fuel than if you were going slower....

This has been around for ages (two years?), and it really isn't very fair when other airplanes are burning realistic amounts... Come on Razbam, fix this stuff, it's pretty fundamental stuff you know?

Edited by bkthunder

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

So I just picked up the baguette today after a while, and noticed that fuel flow is still only taking into account altitude and not airspeed.. So at high altitude you can go Mach 2 for ages 'cause you're not burning any more fuel than if you were going slower....

This has been around for ages (two years?), and it really isn't very fair when other airplanes are burning realistic amounts... Come on Razbam, fix this stuff, it's pretty fundamental stuff you know?

Passed to the coders for you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Passed to the coders for you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don't wanna sound like an ungrateful a-hole, and I know you're busy and all, but this was "passed to the coders" when it was reported years ago... :music_whistling:

Hopefully this is the time it'll actually get sorted!

Thanks

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I don't wanna sound like an ungrateful a-hole, and I know you're busy and all, but this was "passed to the coders" when it was reported years ago... :music_whistling:

Hopefully this is the time it'll actually get sorted!

Thanks

All I can do it pass it over.

UPDATE ** This has been acknowledged by the team and will be fixed

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I leave this here for commenting:

picture.php?albumid=1542&pictureid=11106

I done that some months ago, standard conditions with advanced weather model, and by reading cockpit instruments. Full lines are clean configuration, 50% fuel, dotted are full AA armed, 90% fuel.

In short, if the fuel consumption was constant at any speed, the FF/TAS ratio lines would be linear I guess.

Bonus, same with IAS:

picture.php?albumid=1542&pictureid=11107

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

When you say airspeed, do you mean throttle setting/engine RPM? Because airspeed is not really tied to the fuel flow, fx going insanely fast in a dive with the throttle at idle will let you have a really fast airspeed with very low fuel flow.

So, are you trying to say that the fuel consumption is constant at a given altitude, no matter what the throttle setting is and despite the fuel flow gauge rising along with the throttle setting?

I leave this here for commenting:

picture.php?albumid=1542&pictureid=11106

I done that some months ago, standard conditions with advanced weather model, and by reading cockpit instruments. Full lines are clean configuration, 50% fuel, dotted are full AA armed, 90% fuel.

In short, if the fuel consumption was constant at any speed, the FF/TAS ratio lines would be linear I guess.

Bonus, same with IAS:

picture.php?albumid=1542&pictureid=11107

Interesting. If I'm reading that correct, then the fully armed AA craft with more fuel at 20.000 feet, spend less fuel going at a speed, compared to a clean craft with less fuel?

...That seems wrong somehow.