TrackIR and JHMCS Difficulty - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-30-2019, 03:25 PM   #11
Fatman_1987

I´m with you. I switch from VR to track IR when I need to learn a new plane (I need the extra resolution), and while in VR is easy and natural (look and lock), on Track IR requires some practice. Maybe you could twich the response curve a little, and reduce the dead zone.
Fatman_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #12
Roger01

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236769
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199495

Have some problem too, TrackIR and JHMCS is not natural at all. They need to modifie curves for some people.

Track IR for JHMCS and View camera :

Or Track IR only for JHMCS :

Roger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:38 PM   #13
probad

i think the unpleasantness is accounted more by the fact that the jhmcs axes seem horizon oriented instead of aircraft oriented. this then couples with the vertical axis acceleration of the 9x reticule to create some distinctly unnatural feeling movements when trying to slew the sight around outside of the straight and level flight.

i imagine this may actually be true to life where pilots tend to tilt their head to the horizon but the home environment is distinctly different.
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 03-30-2019 at 05:41 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #14
CBStu

I just spent a couple of hours trying to get this better. I started out w/ the JHMCS cue being much lower than the velocity vector. I tried looking down various amounts and then hitting F12 to center the Track IR. That didn't work too well because one's standard line of sight is then above the VV and you have to look way down to see the DDIs. So I went into the TIR settings. And thought I'd try the default TIR setting which I have never used since it made it all way too fast and jumpy. It did make the JHMCS possible to use but not ideal. So I thought I would mod my curves to help. I left my null zones the same. I have them at about 7-8 deg of head movement before the TIR view moves. In pitch, I unchecked the symetrical? box and gave significantly more angle to the UP curve and left the DOWN curve alone. In yaw, I left it symetrical, but cranked up more response to head movement. This has helped a lot. It is still not perfect. If I move my head just enough to the side to get the JHMCS cue to show, it is still way lower than the VV. But adjusting my TIR response curve means I can over come that drop much more easily. This is the route of the problem and I don't understand why it is that way. There are quite a few threads on this so it is not a one person problem. ED, are you listening? But now, w/ my modified TIR curves, it is usable at least. Still too dang jumpy but I think that will get better as this is only my 3rd day using JHMCS.
CBStu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
Hawkeye_UK

Maybe its the fact that you don't have to align the JHMCS to the HUD/BRU alignment cross in the start up whilst pushing the cage/uncage button....... ED missed it on their start up process for the hornet.

Sorry doesn't help i know, work's fine for me in VR.

Some say wait for VR, which i don't understand at all anymore. DCS looks amazing in VR and that's only on the Rift S. People talk about immersion which is impressive and does feel like being in a real aircraft, but its more the situational awareness you get close in on CAS or AA makes a huge difference and you will note yourself working out attack angles better using topography etc. If you play DCS and enjoy it, invest in VR. I have a 55inch 4k screen that never gets used anymore because of the Rift at a fraction of the price.

I was skeptical until i played in VR, when my original rift lead died i had to revert back briefly to monitor and it seemed very mundane, actually tuned it off until my rift s arrived 3 days later - no going back and that was on the original rift!

DCS | F14B | AV8B | F18C | A10C | Viggen | SU27 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy

Water Cooled i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz | RTX2080 Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #16
pj

Hi all, after reading through this I set my TrackIR speed setting to .8, it definitely made a difference. It is no longer so twitchy.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:56 PM   #17
CBStu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj View Post
Hi all, after reading through this I set my TrackIR speed setting to .8, it definitely made a difference. It is no longer so twitchy.
I will look into this speed setting tomorrow. I have tweaked the heck out of the angle response curves but never touched speed. Learning all the time. But still, why is the HUD aiming circle where it is and the JHMCS a lot lower? Makes no sense to me. If I were going to make them different, I would make the JHMCS higher since we are almost always looking up when in a dog fight. What is it I don't understand.

Last edited by CBStu; 10-12-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:22 AM   #18
NahkaSukka

I don't have any problem with it, using this profile https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3300419/
NahkaSukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #19
CBStu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahkaSukka View Post
I don't have any problem with it, using this profile https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3300419/
I tried it w/o success. It did give me the thought that I need to have increased view movement per head movement so I have made changes to my profile. But the underlying issue remains. The targeting que in the hud is somewhere in the vertical middle of the head. If you turn your head just enough that the JHMCS que pops up, it is much lower in your view than the hud que. Getting tired of tilting my head way back and looking down along my nose to get the JHMCS que usable.