So is the autostart broken again?

Woxof

I'm back to trying to learn the Harrier after some time away due to the previous engine autostart problem (CTD when battery switched on). Good job getting the fix out on that one. But between yesterday and today, I have probably tried to get the airplane started 15 or 20 times with no luck.

In each case, I'm doing a cold start, sitting on the ramp, and first do the reload/rearm thing -- which was challenging enough, with the "pumps on to defuel" trick. But I did the research and got past that just fine.

Then I pressed RSHIFT-Home to get the engine cranking and....nothing. Nothing AT ALL. As in, no response whatsoever. I tried this on both the Nevada and PG maps. Same result.

I know, I'm using the autostart, which is regarded as a cheat by many. But I'm here to fly the airplane, not revel in the switchology for 20 minutes. My time is limited (I honestly envy you if yours is not). But why have the autostart at all if folks aren't expected to use it now and then?

I did try to locate anything about this in the forum, without success. If there's something I missed, please point me there. Thanks.

I knew I didn't have long to wait for that. Thanks.

Still didn't address the question, though. Anybody want to actually help?

Sorry that douche answered you first, he is the reason why humanity is doomed :cry:.

For your auto-start problem I didn't fly the harrier in a long time so I can't really help you BUT I have a few suggestions that you can try :) :

- You wrote about "pump out to defuel", can you try to do the auto-start without doing that ? Maybe this action is messing with the auto-start sequence.

- You said you used "RSHIFT-Home" to start the auto-start sequence, IIRC it's not the default keybind for this action. You can check what the correct binding is in the control menu under the "cheat" category I think.

You can tell if the auto-start is running by the white text in the top right, if nothing appears, you have the wrong key-bind.

And auto-start is not for noobs, you fly the sim as you wish and no one can tell you otherwise :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Many thanks to those who actually helped.....

And Kunz nailed it. The autostart is LWIN-Home. The regular engine start is RSHIFT-Home.

So now the autostart is working as intended.

So should I be concerned that the regular engine start doesn't do anything?

Ah, OK. Now I get it.

There are enough switch config steps to prep the engine during the normal start that it won't begin to start without them properly set.

Now it appears my regular engine start command IS working as intended, too. Good.

Thanks again for all the help, guys.

I've been using the autostart just fine for a while (steam stable version). Also, manual start is actually faster since you skip a bunch of steps. If you just want to get airborne its like 6-10 switches. I can get it going in a fraction of the "autostart" time. Also, I'm sure its not "SOP" but works fine. Battery, fuel, MFD's, and hit the go button. As it spools do the navalign (set that up as instant in the options). And go. (don't forget to close the canopy). :) I've got a whole thread on startup pitfals in the AV8 subforum.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).