[NO BUG] Dispense Switch only Drops Chaff/Flares in ByPass mode?

Snacko

Since the last update I have noticed that the CM Dispense switch does not work unless that Dispenser switch is set to BYPASS.

If the Dispenser Switch is in the ON position, shouldn't the Dispense switch drop flares and chaff?

I removed all of my mods, and did a repair, but still no joy on this..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Since the last update I have noticed that the CM Dispense switch does not work unless that Dispenser switch is set to BYPASS.

If the Dispenser Switch is in the ON position, shouldn't the Dispense switch drop flares and chaff?

I removed all of my mods, and did a repair, but still no joy on this..

In the on position you would need to have a manual or semi auto program set on the ALE for the dispense switch to function. At least I think :)

That’s how it is supposed to work.

Select Manual, Auto, S/A, or one of the other profiles. You can set the programs for 1-5, and CM Fwd will dispense the selected Man profile and CM Aft will always dispense #5 — I might have those flipped? Best to check the manual or NATOPS or YT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Ok, I think I had misunderstood how it works. I watched RedKite's video last week, but apparently forgot everything.

He say's that in AUTO it automatically runs a program, but that doesn't seem to work. I made a mission with several SAM sites to test. And I'm circling over a Tungusta and he's firing missiles at me. But they don't show up on the Radar. So maybe that's why the AUTO doesn't react and drop come chaff/flares?

Also, I did a Create Fast Mission and I figured out that my RWR was not turned on if I started from the Runway. If I started in the Air it was on.

And for some reason the Tungusta kept totally missing me. Was it because I was circling at a constant distance? And Shrikas and Strelas would only shoot at me once and never again.

What program do you guys usually use? SA?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Definitely watch his video again, he explains very well.

I run custom programs each flight, set via a .lua file. I set it to Man1 and then with the above I can dispense either Man1 or Man5. If I want to get fancy, I can cycle to 2-4 and dispense that or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Like others said, the ALE-47 will only work if you select either MAN,S/A or Auto. Also, don't forget to turn Master Arm on.

I don't think that the S/A and Auto modes are working yet. And in any event, MAN is usually the best choice, since you have better control over your countermeasures.

The Hornet doesn't carry that much and you run the risk of running out if you use automatic modes. Sometimes, it's easier to defeat a missile kinematically (by maneuvering) or just dispense once and then maneuver.

I use 1 for a standard 5 Chaff program and 5 for 3 quick Flares and usually fly like that. 2-4 are variations (e.g. 3 is my bombing run program, 5 flares, released slowly). It's easy to set up your own programs in the .lua file and there is a mod that can do it for you in the User Files on the ED website.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Why can't you program it while you are on the ground? The ALE-47 has an X across it until 'after' I leave the runway. I have to be airborne, only then it starts the bit test and can be selected and programmed. That seems strange.. I should be able to program it before takeoff, right?