CVW-11 F-14 cold start tomcat discussion video.

IceFire

Video written and produced by: Spiceman X.O. VF-41 "Black Aces" VCVW-11

An in-depth discussion on the cold start procedure on the tomcat.

Spiceman has had his hands on many Tomcats and was a member of VF-41 during his service as an AT1 (Aviation Electronics Technician) in the US Navy.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did when I watched it.

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

That was a great video - very interesting!

And holy crap does this thing have a lot of build in tests. The radar alone has eight BITs? I'm looking forward to the videos of the DCS Tomcat to see how many of them are actually simulated and how deep Heatblur went with the system modelling.

That was a great video - very interesting!

And holy crap does this thing have a lot of build in tests. The radar alone has eight BITs? I'm looking forward to the videos of the DCS Tomcat to see how many of them are actually simulated and how deep Heatblur went with the system modelling.

Yeah there are a bunch, and unlike the automation of the Hornets BIT test you have to select quite a few individually , a typical launch when I was in the fleet would take up to 30 min, if nothing went wrong.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

A great insight into the cold start of the F-14 Tomcat. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more in depth videos.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You got it... once we get our hands on the Tomcat I’ll do an “avionics walkabout”.... give a tour of the cockpit and talk about the system behind each control box... where the components are in the plane and how the system works. I think it adds a level of “intimacy” for lack of a better word with the airplane. Or maybe that’s just me because I love the airplane :).

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic video! Very well made and very interesting! Insight's you normally do not get. You really had to work to get those birds in the air, there is a lot to do. Many people complain about the retirement of the Tomcat in favor of the F-18, but videos like this show how dated the airframe really is.

I eagerly wait for the next episode and some more technical insights.