Rockets left in pod

zerO_crash

THAT is again one of the things why Belsimtek team (part of the ED) was good as they allowed the technical functions, regardless that something wasn't allowed political (administrative) reasons.

And then they added it as a footnote to manual that it is unrealistic to load more by hstorical perspective.

By historical, and that is for a completely different reason. Technically it is possible, the reason they didn´t do it so much in the Afghanistan was because of the rather long distances that had to be flown (fuel was priority) and also that it was high up in altitude (mountainous areas) meaning they had to offload themselves as much as possible. Also the tactics dictated that it wasn´t needed because Mi24´s and Mi8´s would always fly together.

Manual page 323, also shown in the loadout menu and the station selector: "four 20-tube B8V20-A rocket launchers (Fig.11.13) (the weapons control system support up to 6 launchers)"

It wasn´t used in the RF, but it certainly was possible without any issues. But this is a very heavy loadout, I doubt many missions required a single Mi8 be that heavily loaded. If Mi8 flew assault missions alone, then it´s possible they would utilize all 6 hardpoints. I wonder if any foreign countries used a configuration of 6*S8 pods all at once.

I tried it with kom, opf2, and tsm all had the same result.

Interestingly when firing the rockets off as singles only a single rocket was still showing in each pod after firing all 20.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233413&stc=1&d=1587550046

attachment.php?attachmentid=233414&stc=1&d=1587550046

It´s great that you could test this. That means there is an obvious bug that needs to be fixed. Nice ;)

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

This bug is still not fixed. Had it happen again recently when flying and checking the rocket pods after the finished mission. Will there ever be a fix for this from Belsimtek? This is a post from 2018, we are soon in 2021... Is it supposed to work like this in case a firing-sequence is aborted (rappid trigger pulls where the whole sequence of 4/8/16 rockets isn´t completely fired), or is this a bug that simply has not been fixed? Thx in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be preffered to have someone from ED/Belsimtek chime and and explain this. I repeat, it has been reported in 2018, it´s the end of 2020. Will this ever be solved?

On a side note, I respect and love your work, applauds to the whole ED bureau. I fully understand that Covid19 has slowed down projects, and as such wish the team the best and staying strong through this difficult time )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

I will take another look. The team are currently on a break until the 11th however. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2