Capt Zeen UH-1H Helios profile ! !

Hello all !

Here you got the new UH-1H Helios profile !

UoEowPr.jpg

Pilot Dashboard

t1VfOAS.jpg

Copilot Dashboard

FMm3fv9.jpg

Civil colours

Hr4920y.jpg

pedestal and collective

You can download it from my site http://www.captzeen.com

DCS 1.5 +

Using the same techniques i used on the MI-8, to export all data to Helios, I created this new UH-1H Helios Profile.

The resoult is a fully functional profile, width all the data from the cockpit and full clickable and syncronized from Helios. In other words, same funtionality as KA50 and A10C profiles.

Hope you like it !

For this profile i exported all the instruments, lamps, selectors and switches in the cockpit, Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

- Profile files:

UH-1H_v1.0_esp.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0_eng.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0_ger.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0_ita.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0_fr.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0_ru.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_esp.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_eng.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_ger.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_ita.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_fr.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

UH-1H_v1.0b_ru.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

- Export.lua:

Important notice !!

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, ready to export data A10C, KA50, FC3, F-15C, P-51D, Mi-8, A10C radio Fix, and all the changes needed to implement this new UH-1H profile.

This file is a modified version of the Loophole Updated version from 09/11/2014, ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222 )

The modifications i made correct some HSI data and waypoint distance to work properly, and all the changes i made to export additional data to Helios when you fly the F-15C, the P51D, the MI-8, and UH-1H

In others words this is the most updated export.lua, so you can fly width any of my actual profiles, ka50, su25t, f-15c, p-51D, MI-8, UH-1H also compatible width a10c and A10C Radio Fix.

If you want to use my SU27 and SU23 profiles, use the export.lua that you can find in the download section of the website.

- default.lua:

I have included in the profile, all the buttons and switches of the cockpit. Helios control those switches across the keyboard interface, so, for that, i create a new defaul.lua to implement all the unassigned controls in the simulator.

You need to copy this file to the proper folder in your installation. (see INSTALLATION bellow)

I recomend you use some mod manager, like JSGME, to copy it, because in each update of the game, this file can be changed by the developers.

- International Keyboards:

Some switches and buttoms use key bindings that can be different depends of the keyboard you are using. I prepared 6 diferent setups for spanish QWERTY, english QWERTY, italian QWERTY, german QWERTZ, french AZERTY, and russian QWERTY, so you can start the one you need.

I created a web utility that can convert any keyboard traslation, for the moment is not public, but if you need a special international configuration, let me know.

- Monitor aspect resolutions:

I made two different profiles, v1.0 for 16:10 monitors and v1.0b for 16:9 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, and the textures of the game.

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose and the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3 as a base for all my implementations.

In the export.lua i include a couple of functions by [FSF]Ian to export the digits of the UV26 for the MI-8

I want to thanks aswell to all the people who help me, in the DCS forum, every time i reached a deadlock, somewhere!

And of course to Gadroc for creating Helios, this great software.

PROFILE FEATURES

- Pilot Dashboard:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- Copilot Dashboard:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps.

- Pedestal panel:

- All the radio panels, full working !.

- Overhead panel:

- Overhead Breakers panel:

- Complete breakers panel switches.

- Electric Breakers panel:

- Complete breakers panel switches.

- Collective:

- Complete collective width all the switches, buttons, and throtle.

- Freq panel:

- Open a panel width a list of the airport fequencies

- Navigation panel:

-Airports visual operation charts v4.04

-Airports diagramss v4.04

-TC-1 Tactical Chart

-Caucasus general area map, with airports and table width freq, locations, ids, etc.

-Airport Circuit Example

-List of the NDBs

- Preferences panel:

- Selectorl to change the exterior background you can see beyond the dashboards. You can select between: airport Day, airport Night, flyind Summer and flying Winter

- Selector to change the color of the dashboard, civil or militar.

- About panel:

- Info about the profile and version.

INSTALLATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. (http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/helios/latest)

-Copy the profile you need, for your resolution and languaje, on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile UH-1H you want to use, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile

-Dont forget to use the correct export.lua i included in the package.

Copy it in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, but first make a backup copy of your actual export.lua.

-IF you use Tackview, Tarst or another external scripts, copy the corresponding lines from your old export.lua to the new one.

- copy the keyboard default.lua in the installation DCS folder\Mods\aircraft\UH-1H\Input\UH-1H\keyboard , but first make a backup copy of your actual default.lua

I recomend you to use a a mods manager to do this last step, like JSGME. Every update of the game can change this file.

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARDS

Some switches and buttoms use key bindings that can be different depends of the keyboard you are using. I prepared 6 diferent setups for spanish QWERTY, english QWERTY, italian QWERTY, german QWERTZ, french AZERTY, and russian QWERTY, so you can start the one you need.

I created a web utility that can convert any keyboard traslation, for the moment is not public, but if you need a special international configuration, let me know.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

You dont need to use any special configuration to use this profile, becouse dont use any viewport from the game.

KNOWN ISSUES

- Even knowing that IFF is not operative in the simulator, i implemented it, so you can use it from the profile aswell. The IFF test switches of the profile react a bit slowly, so be sure they come back to the default position after any test. If they stay in the upper position after release it, they can block the input of the game. so just be sure you put it them to the default position after use it.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

If you use Helios and TARS or TACKVIEW you can have miss workings due to the way Helios works width the export.lua.

To prevent this, just move the lines for Tars or tackview to the very end of the export.lua in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 29/09/2016

Hello all!

I remade the keyboard default.lua for the UH-1H Helios profile.

Looks like BST changed it on one of the lasts updates.

Please use this new one, ready for the last version of DCS

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/archives/Uh-1H_default.rar

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

"I have honestly put off learning the Huey until you released this - My pit doesn't feel like a pit without your work" smile.gif

Same here. That is exactly why I waited. Glad I donated.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Absolutely Fantastic Capt.... works a treat, perfect.... Thank you.....

Mi8, Ka-50 and now the Uh-1H...... you are certainly looking after us rotor heads.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SIGBLOCK.png

:O just stunning sir, absolutely fantastic.

Sadly I just finished my Huey flight for the day, before I spotted this, but rest assured, she will be installed before takeoff tomorrow.

Thankyou yet again.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

OK. So I think I strictly followed the instructions and I can't get this profile working. Not only the gauges are not moving when game is un-paused, but all the other panels do not show when clicking on the panel selectors.

Note that the Mi-8 and Ka-50 panels profiles are working great.

Steps:

copied the profiles and images in my Helios directory.

launched Helios editor, reset screens. Re assigned the panel to the correct screen. Saved.

copied the new export.lua in the saved games DCS/Scripts/

copied the default.lua in the Huey keyboard directory.

launch DCS, run profile. Panel displays well where I wanted. But gauges not moving.

Any suggestion captain? Thanks.

..... But gauges not moving....Any suggestion captain? Thanks.

As it is working fine with Ka & Mi8 it sounds like the reset monitor action is the culprit. Been there, done that....

Delete the the Uh-iH *hpf and the associated *.bak & *.layout files, replace with a unedited Uh-1H. *.hpf from the download, reset monitors in Gadrocs profile editor and all should be good.

SIGBLOCK.png

OK. So I think I strictly followed the instructions and I can't get this profile working. Not only the gauges are not moving when game is un-paused, but all the other panels do not show when clicking on the panel selectors.

Note that the Mi-8 and Ka-50 panels profiles are working great.

Steps:

copied the profiles and images in my Helios directory.

launched Helios editor, reset screens. Re assigned the panel to the correct screen. Saved.

copied the new export.lua in the saved games DCS/Scripts/

copied the default.lua in the Huey keyboard directory.

launch DCS, run profile. Panel displays well where I wanted. But gauges not moving.

Any suggestion captain? Thanks.

Ok, lets try to identify where the problem can be.

1- The additional panels need to show up when you click on the selection panel. Check in the profile editor, if the buttons of the selection panel lost their outputs when you do the arrangemend of panels in different monitors and save the new profile.

Better if you send me your adjusted profile and i can take a look.

2- I checked the export.lua in the oficial game, and the beta, in 2 different computers and it works, so, please check the dcs.log to see if export.lua stoped for any reason.

3- Once in the cockpit and width the profile running, try to move the camera of the cockpit using the numeric pad keys, just to be sure you still got keyboard input in the game.

If that the case try clicking some switches on the profile to verify the outputs from Helios works correct.

If you dont have keyboard inputs, check on the profile, the IFF test switches, if any of then is in the upper position, just put it on the default position and try to move the camera again width the numeric pad.

As i tell you before, Send me your adjusted profile and i can take a look.

I must have done something really stupid, but I just can't figure it out.

Tried to reset the monitors again. No joy. The only thing I am doing with your profile captain for the reset, I send the main panel to my lower screen, and I set one filled screen to transparent. Then save. That's all.

I made a quick mission with one hot ka-50, one hot Mi-8, one hot UH-1H.

I can move the view inside the Huey with the keys. No problem. But gauges are not moving. Stop the profile, load the Mi-8, jump into a Mi-8 without leaving the mission: everything's working fine input and output. Stop the Mi-8 profile, launch the Ka-50 profile, jump into a ka-50, profile working great input and output. Stop the Ka50 profile, launch the UH-1H one, jump into the UH-1H: nothing works input and output (but I can still move my view with keys).

Sorry for the hassle. It's not like I am a newbie in using your profiles captain, but I think I missed something...:noexpression:

Profile attached, but I really didn't do much to it.

HUEY_V1.0b_fr.zip

Edited by BaD CrC

It's a Helios problem. Try to save after every step you do in editor. For ex.: reset monitors -> save; move monitor -> save; make transparent -> save. I reload the profile after every step just to be sure (but I think is just a superstition). I hope this will help you.

P.S.

start again with an unedited profile

Edited by MyG

I have experienced the same problem in the Huey and in the F-15 profiles. It would appear in my case that after re-setting the monitors and saving the new version of the profile, around half of it, including the Binding section, and some of the Interface section are not saved.

If you compare the size of the original hpf file and the size of the file saved after re-setting, you will find that it is greatly reduced in size.

In the case of the F-15, I reconstructed a working version from the saved hpf and the original bak file, referring when in doubt to my working A-10 and P51 hpfs. I am about to start this for the Huey, but it is a slow, laborious and frustrating process.

Can anyone who experiences this problem, please confirm my findings about the file saved after re-setting monitors being much smaller that the original.

More importantly can anyone suggest what is causing this?

One possibility could be relative I suppose to the fact last editor creates a *.layout" file that is missing when you edit screen config

Found No soluce else than manual editing of hpf files in notepad++... really harrassing work... but that way you can organize and compare items

moreover, it is a problem to adapt quickly a 3 monitor config (3x1920x1080) to an eyefinity (5760x1080) config by example...

any news about the dvpt of a new gui tool ?

BadCRC,

OK, i see what happens width your profile:

For some reason, on the process of reset monitors, Helios changed all the bindings to the Monitor 6, and you are really using the monitor 5 for the profile.

Take the profile, and open it width notepad++. make a replace all, changing Monitor 6 by Monitor 5, and all the bindings come back like magic!

Test it, and lets us know how it goes !

Anyway, here you got the profile already changed

HUEY_badCRC_FIXED_fr.rar

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

mmmh for some reason, when I use the new export.lua (08/May/2016) my saitek radio panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2293326#post2293326

doesnt work anymore. The dofile entry is there of course. When I change back to my previos export.lua (your export lua with the a10c radio fix) it works. Strange, anyone have an idea?

Did you add any lines into export.lua to get the Saitek panel to work initially. I know I had to copy and past my simshacker.lua into the new export.lua to get it working again.

Check both export Luas, and see if there's anything different, apart from the UH1 lines of course.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Just setup this profile, it's downright stunning, Thankyou very very much Capt Zeen.

I do have one slight issue with mine, and wondering if others can check their profiles, but my radar alt switch on the top panel doesn't appear to be working, can I just check if it's working for others or not.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you add any lines into export.lua to get the Saitek panel to work initially. I know I had to copy and past my simshacker.lua into the new export.lua to get it working again.

Check both export Luas, and see if there's anything different, apart from the UH1 lines of course.

Cowboy10uk

Hi there Cowboy10uk, yeah as I said, I added the Saitek dofile line of course to the new export.lua. Still, no joy. Anyway, Capt.Zeen thanks a TON for your work!!!!

Hi there Cowboy10uk, yeah as I said, I added the Saitek dofile line of course to the new export.lua. Still, no joy. Anyway, Capt.Zeen thanks a TON for your work!!!!

you put the saitek line at the begin or at the end of the file?

Test it, first at the end, if do not work, put the line at the begin of the code, and test again.

FIXED and Edited

Original problem:

Capt Zeen...it looks as if I may have the same problem that Bad_CRC had. Not sure what to edit exactly so I uploaded my profile after it was run thru the reset monitor in Helios. If I had to guess it seems as if my bindings are on monitor 2 but need to be on 3.

Ok I figured out how to fix it. To others that may have the same problem this is what i did.

In Notepad++ I did a "Find and replace" on my huey .HPF profile

On my setup The Find was "Monitor 2"

The replace was "Monitor 3"

So what it did was replace any instance of "Monitor 2" with "Monitor 3" and it all started working.

Now the reason you want to do it that way is that there are 2156 instances of "monitor 2" and changing all of those by hand would pretty much kill you.

Capt Zeen...thanks again for this awesome profile and what you do for this community. It is greatly appreciated.

HUEY_V1.0b_eng.rar

Edited by airdog

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Hi there Cowboy10uk, yeah as I said, I added the Saitek dofile line of course to the new export.lua. Still, no joy.

Entropy;

I had this problem a few times when copying the dofile line from a previous used export.lua. Try copying the do file line from the original DCS-BIOS scripts export.lua, that's what has worked in my case,

• 2 weeks later...