2.5.3.21016@openbeta Game crash during multiplayer data cartridge generation

Quaggles

On the Dynamic DCS server as soon as I join a Viggen slot and click fly the game crashes, game log looks like it's happening as the data cartridge generator enumerates over all the units. This seems specific to the Dynamic DCS server so maybe it's because it has lots of units or maybe because the units are setup different to other servers.

Logs and track are attached

dcs.log-20180830-165030.zip

Hi! I need to be able to replicate your issue and I tried to find a server that had Dynamic in the name or mission but couldnt find one. Could you maybe see if you could find the mission-file or the specific server?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for the quick response RagnarDa. Server name starts with "DDCS|Standard|Caucasus|dynamicdcs.com".

Here is the forum thread for the server: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Unfortunately I can't send a mission file for testing as this server has an empty mission file with just player slots, the entire mission is then populated by an NodeJS server generating commands and then sending them to the DCS Server for execution. I'm sure you could contact the server owner Drex if you needed any information about specifics about the units and what attributes they have.

Edited by Quaggles

And from me as well, although I love the module, so don't be disheartened by this. My guess is that the DDCS server is sufficiently busy and or units have moved so far that it's hitting a case you don't see otherwise.

The Viggen is my go-to module, so I'd appreciate a fix, even if it's to revert the data-cartridge generation change (which I am looking forward to in due course), or to allow a client-side option to disable it.

I found it!!!!!

So it depends on how many farp pads there are in the mission. In drex's mission you can have up to 70 before it causes the CTD. however when I tried to make my own mission I could have over 70 farp pads? So I wonder if it has to do with the name length of the farp pad that determines how many you can have until you hit this threshold.

My Viggen missions CTD also.

running as multiplayer. I tried many times.

btw.... in the threads below me they say they have a lot of bases, farps, pads... well I didn't have them.... maybe one or two bases... and I airstarted.. I just have an easy map setup to practice Viggen flying and weapons. … I have no clue about adding farps and airbases and ctd's increasing…

dcs.log.txt

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Bug still occurs in DCS 2.5.3.21444 Open beta

Having more than 80 Heliports (FARP or Helipad Single) crashes the game when joining the slot. Attached are 2 mission files, one with 80 FARPs and another with 81 FARPs, the game will always crash loading the 81 FARP mission.

Is there any way we can manually edit some lua files and disable the automatic data cartridge generation as a workaround assuming that is the issue?

Viggen80StaticsNoCrash.miz

Viggen81StaticsYesCrash.miz

dcs.log.txt

Wow thanks for nailing it down. I would think it has to do with number of airfields in the mission. Caucasus has 20 or 21 airfields, and all airfields are referenced in the CK37 on code 9001-9100. Reference numbers 9100-9199 is for other references on the map like radio-stations IIRC. I guess it never occured to me that there would be more than 100 airfields in one mission :P

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

I’ve added a filter to airbase lookup so it won’t include for example FARPS and ships etc, which makes the crash go away. Fix probably included in next patch.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 2 months later...

For some reason it doesn't even create a proper crash logs.

Attached in the zip are the dcs.logs for 3 different attempts

1. Through The Inferno MP - Caucasus which works fine

2. Through The Inferno MP - PG which crashes as soon as a big number of units seems to be present or are spawned in

3. Dynamic DCS Hardcore MP - PG which crashes as well

Also tried the latest singleplayer versions of Through The Inferno, with the same results.

crash_logs.zip

If I disable the cartridge generation in the Mission Editor, I get no crash.

This is from windows event viewer, when the crash happens:

Faulting application name: DCS.exe, version: 2.5.3.24984, time stamp: 0x5c069c91

Faulting module name: edterrain4.dll, version: 2.5.3.24984, time stamp: 0x5c069c92

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x0000000000252f18

Faulting process id: 0x3c7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d49585ab29d5ae

Faulting application path: E:\Games\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Games\DCS World\bin\edterrain4.dll

Report Id: 32902ce6-fe23-4365-869c-e22ec0bdcecc

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by RyanFlint