DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the cow be "belly and hip-hop dancing" ? Wtf?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Those are some fantastic cows though.

I see what you did there sir! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

No ASW so getting the multiple vision thing when moving my head, and my computer locks up now when trying to exit the game.

The game does not seem to respond to any of the Oculus keys for ASW, control 1, 2 or 3.

Just updated. My VR experience just went to hell. Same as above. Always a crash in exiting ti desktop. Some suggestions?

Just updated. My VR experience just went to hell. Same as above. Always a crash in exiting ti desktop. Some suggestions?

I have to confirm. VR Oculus performance got noticably worse after the most recent update. Framerate drop and stutter. Trying to "Quit to Windows" results in game freeze.

So much for flying tonight...(sigh)...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Trying to "Quit to Windows" results in game freeze.

What happened before, in previous version, when clicking that?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow so the F-18 pilot I was looking at saw me looking up and down xDD EPIC

To be fair my game stopped responding to asw commands a long time ago (2-3 updates), My workaround was to use voice commands on oculus tray tools. I learned to accept this game is as reliable as a russian lada or a fiat. It will run bad, then magically will run smooth until you get optimistic, then it will require a reinstall... rinse and repeat. Perhaps when quantum processors arrive we may be able to play without issues.

Reinstall?? How often do you reinstall DCS?

I wanted to post 'all is well here' then my DCS VR started crashing, oops.

reverted to previous version, equally a lot of trouble, mission not loading,

then I saw the Oculus notice 'Oculus could not do a necessary update, restart computer and try again'.

Which I did, same still. Wait an hour (can't see how update is doing) DCS working again, updating DCS again, now working (yesterdays update has a tad better FPS also, but I think it is missing labels?).

Anyway, might be your Oculus install messing with automatic updates.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

As a 4K user... THANK YOU for fixing the GUI! It looks great now...everything is nice, crisp, large, and....in actual 4K. :-)

As another 4K user, I see no difference in the GUI. Looked great before, and looks great now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

As another 4K user, I see no difference in the GUI. Looked great before, and looks great now!

Have you always had "scale GUI" option checked? With it checked for me, before this latest update, the GUI was larger, but text was blurry (like they were just upscaling 1080p). Now, the GUI is actually 4K-crisp when "scale gui" is selected, but larger than if not selected. Subtle change, but I'm pretty sure a change none the less. I'm using a 55 inch screen.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Have you always had "scale GUI" option checked? With it checked for me, before this latest update, the GUI was larger, but text was blurry (like they were just upscaling 1080p). Now, the GUI is actually 4K-crisp when "scale gui" is selected, but larger than if not selected. Subtle change, but I'm pretty sure a change none the less. I'm using a 55 inch screen.

No, never had that checked. Can’t see a reason for doing that. Has always looked great in native 4K for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No, never had that checked. Can’t see a reason for doing that. Has always looked great in native 4K for me.

Suit yourself. That gui scaling was implemented for a reason... (to make tiny 4K text easier to see) and now it looks great. From your own post back in the day:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206076&highlight=gui+scaling

At the moment, we have a Scale GUI option that downscales the resolution of the GUI if one is running DCS at a high res. I would like to see the opposite, i.e. the GUI being at a higher res than the one running DCS in game.

To me this makes more sense, as I feel it is much more likely that 4K/5K users are not running DCS at anything like native res, but would like to see the GUI looking better than it does at anything less than 1440p with horribly large icons and chunky text spoiling the overall feel.

A user definable scale?

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Suit yourself. That gui scaling was implemented for a reason... (to make tiny 4K text easier to see) and now it looks great. From your own post back in the day:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206076&highlight=gui+scaling

At the moment, we have a Scale GUI option that downscales the resolution of the GUI if one is running DCS at a high res. I would like to see the opposite, i.e. the GUI being at a higher res than the one running DCS in game.

To me this makes more sense, as I feel it is much more likely that 4K/5K users are not running DCS at anything like native res, but would like to see the GUI looking better than it does at anything less than 1440p with horribly large icons and chunky text spoiling the overall feel.

A user definable scale?

I don't know why you are pointing to that post of mine, as I doesn't relate in any way to what we are discussing. In that post, the point I was trying to make was that if someone was running DCS on a 4K display at 1080p, for example, that I would like to see the GUI being at a higher res, e.g. native 4K, as I hate the GUI being in low res. The opposite to 'Scale the GUI'.

So, similarly, back to the point in hand, I am very happy running DCS in native 4K both in-game and the GUI.

I have no problem reading the text in the GUI, and dislike the Scale GUI option version and its large text and images. But, each to his own. What size of monitor are you running? If it's quite small, then I understand your point more.

WUT, a hotfix on sunday! Now THAT I call dedication, USSR Rik! ! Hat off!