2.5.6 30 seconds quick vr performanced test

fab.13

I've had a clear and detrimental impact to performance in VR with 2.5.6. I'm down as low as 20-30fps where i would have previously been stable 45 if not 60s and 70s. Not really playable at those levels. The reduction in quality to ensure 45+ results in awful shimmer and blur due to the MSAA and PD settings i have to enable

So after the update I was at 45 and above with FPS, then I tried SLRR. Boy that was a mistake, FPS dropped to the single digits, turned it off and it didn’t work so I deleted the fxo, and meta shaders, still didn’t work did a repair and reboot computer finally got my FPS back to 45 and above.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

@Mastiff :

2.5.6 have a significant impact in VR Performances, but your powerful machine allow you to keep 45 fps target for CV1

This not the case for lower machine.

If you could do the test, you can mesure this impact.

RTX seem to be better than any GTX, even a powerful GTX 1080ti...