SU-33 carrier ops, AAR, a strike, BVR, and dogfighting.. all using an Xbox controller

Tuuvas

In my journey to research which aircraft are adequately usable with only an Xbox One controller, I thought I'd shoot straight for the most complicated FC3 aircraft and work my way down. Turns out... it's fully capable of:

- Carrier Ops

- Air-to-air Refueling

- Ground attack

- BVR (EO, RWS/TWS, Freq select, radar elevation)

- Dogfighting (also helmet mounted site)

And all this strictly using only the gamepad, with the exception of radio calls to contact tanker.

In my journey to research which aircraft are adequately usable with only an Xbox One controller, I thought I'd shoot straight for the most complicated FC3 aircraft and work my way down. Turns out... it's fully capable of:

- Carrier Ops

- Air-to-air Refueling

- Ground attack

- BVR (EO, RWS/TWS, Freq select, radar elevation)

- Dogfighting (also helmet mounted site)

And all this strictly using only the gamepad, with the exception of radio calls to contact tanker.

Nice! Shows that a $X00 HOTAS setup isn't strictly required to have fun & do well in the game :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.