F/A-18 Aggressors Campaign in 2.5.6

Hello guys,

there seems to be something broken when starting the F/A-18 aggressors campaign with the new beta 2.5.6. At the beginning of each mission (ramp start) there is such a huge frame drop which makes this campaign unplayable with the beta. The stable version runs everything okay.

Can someone confirm this?

Regards

Joerg

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

I can confirm this.

Before on the 2.5.5 had 60FPS stable.

Now it doesnt go up than 10FPS

UnPlayable

Thank you. Seems to have something to do with the design of the campaign then.

Let's hope for an update.

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

ED has pushed another update today so please update as soon as you can.

We are reviewing all the static, flying and ground units in the missions and plan to remove those that are not directly involved with the player when flying the mission.

Seems the patch did not increase the Performance! Removing the Units is a step in the wrong direction I think. Before 2.5.6 everything worked smooth with this Units, and now the whole game is a stutterfest in VR. Let ED iron it out, they also messed it up.

2.5.6 is the worst they did regarding game Performance. Hope they iron it out and don't let it go stable too soon! If this go stable, a lot of People will be out I guess.

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

We agree and ED is working to correct the performance issues but it won't hurt for us to review our missions and see if we can get some performance improvements for some of the players with lower end systems.

We won't compromise on the realism and immersive feeling the additional units add unless there is no other alternative.

On our systems we also noticed a performance drop with the new update however performance is relative to system specifics and graphic choice settings.

There will always be a trade-off between better performance or better looking graphics. Trying to find the sweet spot for any user's particular system is the challenge.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Well after the last hotfix this still remains unplayable, with same 10FPS.

Let me asure you that i had a good settings for perfomance, im not one of those that just put all in max.

I had 60FPS stable (60Hz is my native monitor) in both SP and MP.

And I have more than the recomended system requirements.

While it wont hurt review the missions, there is clearly something wrong with the actual state of the 2.5.6.

If you see the GPU or CPU usage, you can see something is not fine.

Lets hope it doesnt take much time to got back to 2.5.5 performance

We reviewed our missions today and made some changes to some inactive and static units and FPS improved on our test system.

We need to a little more time for testing but we should have an update available for the next patch release.

We will port these updates to our other NTTR campaigns so they will also benefit.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I've just installed this campaign for the first time, and the fps in the latest 2.5.6 OB is, for me, appalling (this is in VR). I have reported it in another thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4227381&postcount=100

This is in no way a criticism of your excellent work, which I am very happy to support.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

+1 I attempted to resume the campaign last night and I had about 7-10 fps on the tarmac. Switched to external view of C-130 flying over naked desert to see if it was due to the large number of aircraft on the deck and had the same frame rate.

I normally run at 45-60fps.

Currently running latest open beta and track IR.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

After updating to the latest 2.5.6 update which came out today I cannot see any increase in fps during ramp start. The campaign still remains unplayable with <10fps.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking of getting this campaign. Did today's update fix this?

Yes, I think the latest beta update fixed the performance problems. I think they reduced the static objects at ramp starts.

I'm thinking of getting this campaign. Did today's update fix this?

I only did a very quick test - jump in and out of the first (fam flight) mission. Sitting in the cockpit, there were no longer frame rate issues. I was down to 5 fps previously, now mostly 40, with some ASW dips to 25 (VR - Rift S).

EDIT: Flew the entire FAM flight mission last night. I was able to fly the entire mission without issue.

Edited by Hippo
Had overstated frame rates I was experiencing - sorry.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals