Lock On Modern Air Combat Leagues/Ladders

Bearitall

Anything is possible

Alright, now say that a squadron [cough, mine, cough] wishes to be a guns-only organization. Is it possible to do that somehow? Still pretty fuzzy on how this whole thing works. 1 vs 1 sounds like a great thing to me, almost all my experience is 1v1 and there can be some really amazing dogfights in that kind of situation.

Well as the interest grows and Virtual Pilots in the League suggest senerio's we will consider options...I myself like the idea of also adding 1 vs 1 Air to Air dogfight Ladder senerio...Guns Only or Full weapons..the choice belong to the members.

Also will soon have some custom maps senerio's

And all is ready to go please go ahead and challenge other Squadron's

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lowest ladder I see for FC is 4v4, which is unfortunate because my squad only has two members (so far). So... now what's the procedure?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Still sign up

The lowest ladder I see for FC is 4v4, which is unfortunate because my squad only has two members (so far). So... now what's the procedure?

Still sign up yourself and your wingman..we could always set up a FC 2 v2 along with a 1 v 1

Also considering a A2G Ladder..

Also there is Lock On ver 1.02 Ladders' consisting of 2 v 2..

regardless still join things may change and you will be there at the beginning

:thumbup:

New Ladder's added

Hello

Well we have added two new Ladder to the Flaming Cliffs series.

We have added a 1 vs 1 and a 2 vs 2 Ladder events for the Flaming Cliffs

We are hoping to see many more members sign up and start off the competitions. We anticipate a exciting series of Air to Air combat´s with all the many talented Virtual Pilots out there

Team Combat League

http://www.teamcombatleague.ca

Out of Box Weaponary Clarification

Hello;

I am posting this as a clarification of Team Combat League ruling on Ladders/League use of game weaponary.

" Out of Box " just means that, use of any modded weaponary other than the Original Developers is not acceptable..this means the use of the much disputed Aim-54 and MiG-29s and the R-27T and R-73 missles are not allowed.

The mentioned weapons are modded and not considered " Out of Box " weaponary..

Many will dispute this ruling, but from my few years in FPS at TWL, CaL, and TGL in Ladder/League Competitions these games were played in the stock format, meaning again " Out Of Box " no unlocks or modded weapons.

Saying this why Should Team Combat League even consider making a change to this format. We will follow the same format as these other Competition site

... and MiG-29s and the R-27T and R-73 missles are not allowed.

What do you mean? That these missiles are not 'stock' for the 29? They are. The 29A can't carry the 27T by default but the 29G can, the 29S can carry all versons of the R-27, except for the EM. ALL MiG-29's can carry up to six R-73's.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Well this is what I was informed of

What do you mean? That these missiles are not 'stock' for the 29? They are. The 29A can't carry the 27T by default but the 29G can, the 29S can carry all versons of the R-27, except for the EM. ALL MiG-29's can carry up to six R-73's.

In the Su-27/33 the R-77 can't be used - only on the MiG-29S and the R-27T if I recall right, only 2 can be loaded in the Su-27/33 and MiG-29 , the MiG-29

used by the Luftwaffe can't use the R-27T.

there is an active version of the R-27 that is also not allowed, don't know why ED left it available.

Just please remember we are trying, and trying to make the competition here at " Team Combat League " as fair as possible and most of all fun for all...

Any input is good input...

We are also please with the interest and support from the Lock On/Flaming Cliffs Community..and look forward to others joining in on the competitions

• Like 1

Team Combat League -- ROE

Team Combat League Proposed Lock On: Modern Air Combat Rules of Engagement (LOMAC ROE)

General Section:

- Each team will field the number of players required by ladder-specific rules. For example, 2v2 requires a team to field two (2) players. Failure to meet the player requirement will result in an automatic forfeit, unless both teams agree to re-schedule.

- Map scenarios and weather conditions will be posted by a TCL admin, and must be used unless agreed to by both teams in a match. No Anti-Aircraft (AA) vehicles are allowed in the scenario under any conditions.

- The defending team gets side choice for the first round. After the first round, the teams are to switch sides every round. A third round is only necessary if neither team reaches the two round win barrier. In the event of a third round, the attacking team gets side choice.

- All matches are to be played using Lock On: Modern Air Combat v1.02 using only stock "out of box" weapons. There are NO exceptions to this rule.

- ALL MATCHES are to be recorded; failure to produce an unmodified recording when requested by a TCL admin will result in automatic FORFEIT of the match, repeat offenders will be dealt with at TCL admin discretion.

- In the event a player experiences a network disconnection or game crash, i.e. crash to desktop, that player must sit out for the duration of the round.

- In the event of a server crash, or a network disruption affecting multiple players, the current round will be restarted from the beginning as soon as the server has been reset. Any previous rounds will continue to count. For example, if the teams are into their third round after a win for both teams in the two previous rounds and the server crashes, they will start again at the beginning of round three and respect previous round wins.

- Any team may request to have a TCL admin or other approved specator watch the match to ensure that all rules are followed and to resolve disputes. The request must be made at least 48 hours before the scheduled start of the match to ensure availability of a TCL approved spectator.

Gameplay Section:

- No external views may be used once a match has gone live, only the default cockpit view is allowed.

- As soon as the match goes live as agreed to by in-game chat, all players must immediately begin their engine starting procedures and take off as soon as possible.

- There is no respawning or recovering aircraft during a match. If you are shot down or have to eject for any reason, you are "killed or missing in action" and cannot re-enter the action.

- Landing at airfields other than your starting airfield, or airfields declared "friendly" to your coalition by TCL admins in the match scenario is forbidden. If a player chooses to land at an unauthorized airfield, they must taxi to parking at the airfield and shut off engines, open their canopy and wait the duration of the round.

- The match is over when all enemy coalition aircraft have been destroyed or abandoned by the pilot by ejecting, and all surviving friendly coalition aircraft are safely on the ground. If neither side can safely land at least one airplane, the round is a draw and must be re-played.

- In all matches there will be a hard deck of 20 metres or 70 feet. It is only acceptable to go below this altitude if on final approach for landing in take-off/landing configuration.

- Aircraft must stay within a "ring" of the diameter between the two starting airfields. If a player clearly leaves this ring during a match, the player's coalition is dealt a forfeit loss for that round and the match is to continue.

- Take-off and landing configuration means that the aircraft:

(i) has all exterior lights on

(ii) is in NAV mode with radar in standby and machine guns/cannons deactivated

(iii) is flying in a non-aggressive pattern, i.e. lining up for approach or climbing out of take-off, preferably under 300 knots indicated airspeed and less than 45 degrees of roll.

- Landing at a friendly airfield during a match to refuel and re-arm is allowed. However, upon taking off, the player must keep his/her aircraft in take-off/landing configuration until the plane has travelled 2 nautical miles from the runway OR passed through 12,000 ft of altitude, whichever comes first.

- When landing at a friendly airfield, the player's plane must be in take-off/landing configuration. This rule is in effect as soon as the aircraft is less than 2 nautical miles from the runway AND has less than 12,000 ft of altitude.

- Attacking enemy coalition airfields is not allowed. This includes all aircraft in a 2 nautical mile (12,000 ft) radius "bubble" that cannot be penetrated or fired upon by unfriendly aircraft. Failure to follow this rule will result in the attacking player's coalition being dealt a forfeit loss for the round. This bubble is not in effect if the enemy aircraft is not engaged in take-off, landing, or ground operations, (i.e. in take-off/landing configuration) or if the aircraft has been on the ground for more than 5 minutes.

Matches have started

Hello and Welcome

Well our Ladder Competitions has officially started and seemingly with success.

Current Active Ladder is Flaming Cliffs 1 vs 1 with 8(singles) Teams

Current Standings:

=AH=Sana..kan

[TEC]Wolf_Holic

Rex

31st Fox Fighters

=AH=FLANKERATOR

=4c=Yambo

JohnKelly

apsik1978PL

We are looking forward to many many more members in joining in on the upcoming events we have in mind in the future.

And with continued support from current members and the Lock On/Flaming Cliffs Community I see the competition becoming an exciting place for Lock On/Flaming Cliffs and in the near future the new Sim " Black Shark " from Eagle Dynamic´s

Yea man

im IN too ;) and a =RvE= 2 elements will pop up soon ;)

Cool it will be even more fun and competitive when more players/teams join in on the action..many matches have started already...and a shuffle of standings is ever changing...:joystick:

Check Your Six, cause Lately I've had to check mine....:helpsmilie:

Current Active Ladder is Flaming Cliffs 1 vs 1 with 16(singles) Teams

Current Standings:

=RvE=Paploo << Current Leader 2-0

=AH=FLANKERATOR

[TEC]JohnKelly

=AH=Sana..kan

[TEC]Wolf_Holic

189TH Rex

31st Fox Fighters

=4c=Yambo

=AH=apsik1978PL

[TEC]Max

=2IAE=MetoBG

milo

We are looking forward to many many more members in joining in on the upcoming events we have in mind in the future.

And with continued support from current members and the Lock On/Flaming Cliffs Community I see the competition becoming an exciting place for Lock On/Flaming Cliffs and in the near future the new Sim " Black Shark " from Eagle Dynamicґs

Weapons determined at game time

The current 1v1 ladder is it guns or bvr?

Well the ladder is designed for all weapons(stock), but players can deside to go gunzo if they wish.

So far most matches have been gunzo's...join in the fun =RvE=Paploo has

And he is leading without a loss

Remember the longer you wait to join the further down the ladder you are positioned...then the longer for you to get to the top

:joystick::pilotfly:

Well if it was a pure bvr ladder it could be interesting.

If pap is in there, then 1v1 guns is suicide :P

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I play competitions/ladders when I have a chance to win and/or to learn;)

I like the idea of it all, but I would prefer more specialized categories.

Some prefer it, some don't.

He is in my squad and I can duel him any time i want there

if I should want to challange him though.

I see what you mean though, but that does not change my mind.

Maybe I'll join in later, who knows, but not right now. Also too focused on

other games at the moment.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Cool

I play competitions/ladders when I have a chance to win and/or to learn;)

I like the idea of it all, but I would prefer more specialized categories.

Some prefer it, some don't.

He is in my squad and I can duel him any time i want there

if I should want to challange him though.

I see what you mean though, but that does not change my mind.

Maybe I'll join in later, who knows, but not right now. Also too focused on

other games at the moment.

Okay, I understand, np don't worry...when your ready is good...

Another Fox Fighter has joined...seems someother teams will dominate with their members...its all cool:D

Hi Bearitall

first of all, thanks for puting time and energy into this ladders organization that should (and will) bring a positive impulse to the lockon community.

I have a little favor to ask you regarding the country list of the ladder.

Could you please replace Yugoslavia by Serbia.

Yugoslavia doesnt exist anymore as a country since 2003, after all its republics breaked apart (balkanization in its finest...).

Our squad, =4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS, represent virtual pilots from Serbia active in lockon community since day one and participating in all great lockon events such as LOMAC LEAGUE, RED FLAG, BLACK SEA SHOWDOWN, COOPERATIVE ARCHER, and no doubt will be active on that ladder also.

Serbian official flag that you can use for the amended country list:

426px-Serbia_Flag_of_State.svg.png

Thanking you in advance

Best Regards

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON

yea no problem

Hi Bearitall

first of all, thanks for puting time and energy into this ladders organization that should (and will) bring a positive impulse to the lockon community.

Yugoslavia doesnt exist anymore as a country since 2003, after all its republics breaked apart (balkanization in its finest...).

Our squad, =4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS, represent virtual pilots from Serbia active in lockon community since day one and participating in all great lockon events such as LOMAC LEAGUE, RED FLAG, BLACK SEA SHOWDOWN, COOPERATIVE ARCHER, and no doubt will be active on that ladder also.

Thanking you in advance

Best Regards

okay will do in the next few days okay I just got home late and I will be working late the next couple of days big inspection on Friday..but will get it done for you..and is the rest be joining the fun

Current standings

Hey;

Well this will be very easy to post the current standings.

=RvE=Paploo is 3-0 no losses...first place..

=AH=Flankerator is a current second place.

=AH=Sana..Kan is a current third place.

Looks as though =RvE=Paploo is the man to beat..any takers...

If you think you can beat =RvE=Paploo of his first place standing, well what's stopping you from joining in on the fun...

www.teamcombatleague.ca

Also teams can sign up for any combination ladders...

Trying to Correct the flag settings

Hi Bearitall

Thanking you in advance

Best Regards

For some reason the flag you submitted is not being accepted, but we are still trying...something to do with the db..being different for flags..we are checking this out...

Flaming Cliffs- RedFlag Ladder Added

Hello;

Well, we have now created a Flaming Cliffs-Red Flag senerio, where teams can do objective combat...by attacking enemy assets and yet defend friendly assets..details are being worked out as for rules and maps to be used..if you have any suggestion for this new competition please forward them to the forums..

Many thanks to a successful season

Who knows this could turn into a Regular Season Tournement...

TCL-Admin Staff