LN's real next aircraft

Coyote Duster

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Razbam is doing the A-7, the A-4 is a community mod the developers of which stated they have no solid plans on applying for 3rd party status.

For now, I'd recommend sitting back and enjoying the ride, LN will let us know with time. (Given how they handled teasing the Viggen, the next one is gonna be awesome)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Yeah I just figured I'd throw that out there since there's an uproar over the other Russian aircraft

Source on the LN comment?

And only thing "available to make" that has commonality with the F14 is the F4, now will it be a J/S or an E, both have commonality in different ways.

And yes people will flip their sh!t if it turns out to be not a RED plane. "not that LN is to blame" but the need for a True DCS Red fighter is way past critical.

I remember reading the other day that LN's next craft will share common components with the tomcat. Now irc razbam is doing the a-6, the a-4 is being done so that leaves the a-7 corsair and the f-4 phantom and some other jets which I don't remember off the top of my head.

Did they say it shared common components?

or did it share features etc.

Exactly what did it say.

Since if its simply shared features that could mean its a 2 seat aircraft or a Swing Wing design (or both).

Source on the LN comment?

And only thing "available to make" that has commonality with the F14 is the F4, now will it be a J/S or an E, both have commonality in different ways.

And yes people will flip their sh!t if it turns out to be not a RED plane. "not that LN is to blame" but the need for a True DCS Red fighter is way past critical.

Yeah I can back it up, I'm at work right now on my phone so give me about 5 hours lol

Hang on whats the uproar over the Russian aircraft? I know that Razbam cancelled their planned Mig23 (for unspecified reasons), but Im pretty sure that Leatherneck never even mentioned doing a modern Russian plane.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hang on whats the uproar over the Russian aircraft? I know that Razbam cancelled their planned Mig23 (for unspecified reasons), but Im pretty sure that Leatherneck never even mentioned doing a modern Russian plane.

Well they stated a long while back

(Just after F-14 Announcement but when the Viggen and Corsair where still 2"secret" Modules under development)

that they would be up to making a Mig-23 but if they did it

would be after the aircraft they had in development at that time.

This was more then two years ago so no idea what they decided to do,

or if they are doing a Mig-23 (but not yet announced) and that is the reason Razbam had to cancel theirs.

We dont really know right not.

But since they said they were interested in the possibility of making a Mig-23 i think we can say that the chance of them making a Russian aircraft more modern then the Mig-21 is definitely

(If they are allowed to ofc).

Yeah I can back it up, I'm at work right now on my phone so give me about 5 hours lol

No problem and thank you.

As Mattebubben said, the "assumption" is that LN is making the mig23, Now i dont think there will be a back lash Vs LN if its not, but speculation is at all the way at 11, which usually the case when you have closed door development.

Raz however did clearly show their road map for this year and their goal points only red aircraft is the mig19.

On that note What happen to LNs "Open development" style they wanted to adopt? haven't heard any news in a while.

Edited by sirscorpion

If LN meant "shared components", they would have been talking about underlying code.

Not anything physical with the aircraft per se, more things like Jester AI and such...

Besides, we already know what LN's next two aircraft are after the Tomcat.

Number 1 is the F4U Corsair.

Number 2 is another along the same theme and from the hints they've given is a WWII Japanese bird.

LN's real next aircraft: apart from F4U Corsair being in line for production, we have no idea. Rudel also teased what appared to be modeling work on possibly a radial WW II Japanese aircraft engine.

I don't recall reading next aircraft sharing systems wise with Tomcat. But I do recall reading, way, way back that technologies developed for some of the (then) in dev aircraft would help with others in dev. These may have been between the Viggen and Tomcat.

If, Cobra (or another LN staff member) did share a recent tidbit along that effect, I would like to read it.

Razbam will be doing both A-7 and A-6. While an A-4 is being done, it is a very advanced mod. Yes, very advanced, but mod never the less, so if someone would want to make a module I am not sure if it would be a show stopper for them. However, I would be surprised if A-4 and F-14 have any serious systems commonality. Between F-4 and F-14 however? That may be a possibility. I for one, however, hope that if and when we get a Phantom, it will be an F-4E and not a Naval one, unless the module can include both somehow.

Skyraider would be interesting indeed. I do recall someone starting one, intenting to bring it to module level and apply for 3rd part licence, but I don't think this would stop one of estabilished 3rd parties if they have started one. But we didn't had any tangible hints toward that one yet either.

As for the wishlist-suggestion hybrid threads suggesting RED birds, I am also of the camp that thinks we need a lot more of red birds in sim soon, and both Fitter and Floggers would be very nice to have. However, all we have ever had hinted on this lines is that way back around when the MiG-21 was released, Cobra once had said that they would likely consider the Flogger down the road, but it wouldn't be among their next modules. With recent Razbam MiG-23 being stillborn due to "conflicting estabilished plans", we may speculate that LN did start on that suggestion, but that'd be just that : speculation.

Moving purely from knowledge that was shared/leaked so far, the next LN modules are:

- F-14 Tomcat

- F4U Corsair

Even those would likely take 1.5 years at least to arrive on our virtual hangars, so, speculating on anything beyond that is a bit premature at this point.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

There's a bunch of discussions going on speculating the su-22 and the mig-23 in the forums, they've garnered the attention of a lot of people

It would be much appreciated if LN folks finally complete the bug fixing on Mig-21Bis module before getting their hands on other iconic aircraft. Fortunately, Mig-23 is reserved by ED, so we can expect a proper quality level.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

The movements of LNK can be show some years ago on Steam:

-AJS-37

-F-14A

-F4-U

-Iwo Jima

https://steamdb.info/app/223750/dlc/

And the Mig-21 "improvement".

And RAZBAM movements on the some days Roadmap.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183573

Actualy, ED, BSK or other 3rd party has none confirmed what is the "owned" of the Mig-23 project.

roadmap

I think LN and others 3rd developers should make a roadmap of its own and update it frequently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

F-111 , heard it here first :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

On that note What happen to LNs "Open development" style they wanted to adopt? haven't heard any news in a while.

U wot? Maybe you missed it.

A thread was recently posted literally asking when the tomcat was expected.

And Cobra responded by saying unless team members fall terribly ill, it should come in 2017.

The 'ask for timeframe from devs' threads are usually not that successful...

Mabye not an update in the strictest sense, but still big news.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

U wot? Maybe you missed it.

A thread was recently posted literally asking when the tomcat was expected.

And Cobra responded by saying unless team members fall terribly ill, it should come in 2017.

The 'ask for timeframe from devs' threads are usually not that successful...

Mabye not an update in the strictest sense, but still big news.

LN stated they will go with open development after the AJS37.

Was expecting more the Razbam style, nearly daily screen shots of the harrier progress and Dev interaction, along with their road maps, dont think its about time lines.

We have a "roadmap"..... with the ED and the 3rd party info.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

No disrespect, but that is your own personal compilation of a lot of information from a lot of different sources. A lot of it is rumour based on unofficial statements from developers or simply speculation.

I for one have seen no evidence that a Mig23 is in current development from anyone. The fact that Razbam has cancelled their Mig23 could mean anything, but Im pretty sure that it doesn't mean that someone else has that module in development. We already have a Spitfire, done by ED, and yet another variant is being developed by a third party.

Back on topic, I think the only likely "modern" Soviet/Russian jet that Leatherneck might end up developing is going to be a full fidelity Mig29.

I base this assumption on one main fact. LN's lead programmer is an active Mig21 pilot in the Serbian Air force. The only other Russian fighter jet that the Serbian Air Force fields is the Mig29. While Novak doesn't fly them, Im reasonably sure that he would have pretty much unlimited access to the airframes as well as to his colleague SMEs, who do.

Edited by OnlyforDCS
grammar

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

No disrespect, but that is your own personal compilation of a lot of information from a lot of different sources. A lot of it is rumour based on unofficial statements from developers or simply speculation.

Funny, surely if I get the moderation to erase the post "by speculative", the community has very happy to disappear :doh:

I for one have seen no evidence that a Mig23 is in current development from anyone. The fact that Razbam has cancelled their Mig23 could mean anything, but Im pretty sure that it doesn't mean that someone else has that module in development. We already have a Spitfire, done by ED, and yet another variant is being developed by a third party.

Back on topic, I think the only likely "modern" Soviet/Russian jet that Leatherneck might end up developing is going to be a full fidelity Mig29.

I base this assumption on one main fact. LN's lead programmer is an active Mig21 pilot in the Serbian Air force. The only other Russian fighter jet that the Serbian Air Force fields is the Mig29. While Novak doesn't fly them, Im reasonably sure that he would have pretty much unlimited access to the airframes as well as to his colleague SMEs, who do.

Doesnt mean the MiG-23 is off the table... IRAQI MiG-23's in Serbia anyone?

http://luftwaffeas.blogspot.nl/2011/05/iraqi-mig-23.html

g8PjVMw.png