We need this a sound mod

• ED Team
Ehm... Right. The same engineer, who used generic, known from other games, non-RRMerlin sample for ExIn2.wav in second revision of Spitfire soundset (changed to more relevant one in the third revision I admit). Just sayin'...

Using the example of an early access aircraft that isnt complete and had a place holder sound file? Is that it? And why not mention BST? They use the same audio engineer.

ED and BST use professional sound recording equipment, with a professional audio engineer. I would like to know what professional sounds people are judging ED sounds against, perhaps not everyone really has been up close and personal with more than a youtube video, and doesnt know what they are listening to?

Its also funny to compare to a TFC produced DVD, the person that approved that DVD probably also approved the modules built by ED, including sounds.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I completely agree with everything that Art-J says. I would give you +rep if I hadn't already for another post somewhere.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

DCS Me 109K-4 was recorded from an actual 109 as well. So.... what were we talking about again?

Can someone else from ED team confirm this info? Are you hundred percent sure, you are not talking about Hispano Aviacion HA-1112 Buchon? A lot of people can’t recognize the difference between both planes.:megalol: If it was really Bf109, than can you give us info about recording date and the Bf109 name?(Rote Sieben?) , type of microphone (frequency range) , original sound quality (bit rate), info about engine regimes at which the db605 was operated during the sound recordings. Have you any photo from that event, can be even low quality from mobile phone. And finally, can you provide us some sound sample from that recording.

edited note: Another RU based sim dev studio actualy shared their video from the recording event. Very very nice vid :thumbup: Please dont make any comments about this note.

Edited by GumidekCZ

Can someone else from ED team confirm this info?

edited note: Another RU based sim dev studio actualy shared their video from the recording event. Very very nice vid :thumbup: Please dont make any comments about this note.

Yo-Yo already did.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3074371&postcount=23

L-39 sound recording by ED:

• Like 1

You mean like ED, who has access to aircraft and a professional audio engineer?

this is Belsimtek, but pretty much the same things ED goes through.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109952

DCS Me 109K-4 was recorded from an actual 109 as well. So.... what were we talking about again?

There is more than one stage of sound creation and having access to originals for recording doesn't automaticly grant you the holy grail of sounds either. You got the recording stage, sound editing and last the sound compression. If ED really recorded all their samples from a real aircraft like you said (which is doubvious for samples like the inertia starter which is a sound scrip with a sampled noise loop to imitate the real sound - in my opinion unauthenticly) something could have easily been lost in the second or third process.

That is not to say it's wrong or bad but it's just different. I for one preferr to use mods or wait for the time things get change like ED did with the P-51 last year.

Anyway, is there any imformation on which specific Bf 109 was recorded by ED (Black 6, Black 10, Red 7,...)?

Edited by 5tuka
  • Like 1

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can you give us info about recording date and the Bf109 name?(Rote Sieben?) , type of microphone (frequency range) , original sound quality (bit rate), info about engine regimes at which the DB605 was operated during the sound recordings. Have you any photo from that event, can be even low quality from mobile phone. And finally, can you provide us some sound sample from that recording.

So? Any answer? It should take you only couple minutes or one or two phone calls, to collect these data for us...PLEASE

So? Any answer? It should take you only couple minutes or one or two phone calls, to collect these data for us...PLEASE

Lol you understand that people working at ED are WORKING and they maybe don't have those couple minutes to spare to you.

Maybe they can't give you the data, because of NDA ?

I hope no one answer you as you show a lot of disrespect to membres of the ED team.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I hope no one answer you as you show a lot of disrespect to membres of the ED team.

Ok, I’m apologizing of any negative behavior here on forum. I’m trying to be non-offensive, but it is my nature to get warmed very quickly. Especially, when incorrect answers to my posts are repeated over and over, with zero result after all spend time and energy here.

About the respect, … everybody, ED team no excluding, have to earn his respect, no one can have for free or just by getting some competence.

If I report something, and it is reasonably answered to me, that there is no need to fix, or they will fix it ASAP (and in the end, they really did it). Those will gain my respect very quickly.

So tell me, or write me some example, what type of post or message will start ED team make actions to improve the sound? How can I help to Bf109 owners, to get more realistic sound. I tried since the module is out (also trying to make brand new sound mod), but with no luck after all.

Ok, can we clear the desk, and start this discussion once again, this time with cool mind? And finally move this problem into final solution.

• Like 3

• ED Team
Ok, I’m apologizing of any negative behavior here on forum. I’m trying to be non-offensive, but it is my nature to get warmed very quickly. Especially, when incorrect answers to my posts are repeated over and over, with zero result after all spend time and energy here.

About the respect, … everybody, ED team no excluding, have to earn his respect, no one can have for free or just by getting some competence.

If I report something, and it is reasonably answered to me, that there is no need to fix, or they will fix it ASAP (and in the end, they really did it). Those will gain my respect very quickly.

So tell me, or write me some example, what type of post or message will start ED team make actions to improve the sound? How can I help to Bf109 owners, to get more realistic sound. I tried since the module is out (also trying to make brand new sound mod), but with no luck after all.

Ok, can we clear the desk, and start this discussion once again, this time with cool mind? And finally move this problem into final solution.

You haven't given anyone any reason to believe that there is anything wrong with the 109 sound. Its not on ED to prove you wrong, these are the sounds they recorded themselves you can see their recording equipment in other stories, so I am not sure why you feel you are so entitled for them to convince you of anything.

At this point, the thread isnt doing anyone any good anymore. There are sound mods out there made from youtube videos, maybe those work better for you, but beyond some tweaking they have already done, I cant see much changing on this.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png