Lower later viewports

AstroEma

Hi all,

I just upgraded to 3 x 40" TVs and my two lateral viewports are not perfectly aligned with the center viewport.

How do I adjust their position slightly in height? I am using the 3Screen profile.

Cheers!

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Have you tried bezel management? It should reduce it if I remember correctly. You can also try moving the viewpoint up and down to see how that might affect the mismatch. (RCTRL/RSHIFT Numpad Arrow keys).

I am unable to use any bezel management as I use '1 screen' and a PLP monitor setup (portrait, landscape, portrait). Before DX11 came along, we had SoftTH which really is a multi monitor user's best friend. I can only hope it gets updated to allow use in DCS again.

I don't like the mismatch, but I've come to ignore it and just enjoy my setup. I also lower those outside monitors a bit to equalize it.

I am curious to hear of any other ways to get the horizon to line up better.

Tried that but I still can't define the roll of the two lateral viewports.

This is how it looks now. As you can see the side monitors are slanted upwards.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.50c22d6548d6356461458177d5afa3b5.jpg

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

i would suspect the reason is that you are looking very slightly downwards. so if you look upwards and move you head down a bit (not tilting, just up/down movement) they probably line up (all guesswork here, i am poor and only have one screen ;) )

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

IMO, a single viewport looks more natural.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

AstroEma: I bought 3 cheap glass monitor stands with adjustable legs that allow you to lower one end and raise the other, (VonHaus Large curved glass monitor screen riser from Amazon). This lets me tilt my outer screens slightly, & compensates for the fact that I have my middle screen tilted back slightly.