Scenery Tools available! [Old / For FC2]

amalahama

I have some difficulies with fields.

I understood how put a field in place on the mesh. But how choose the field texture of the new shape ?

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you be a little more specific about what you mean by fields? What was your process so far?

A few quick questions. Are you optimizing the mesh as you go? Are you testing as you go? What is the average polygon count per 10x10km tile? Are you also doing the LOD2?

If you want, you can email or PM me a small section and I can provide feedback.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I search to have better details on agricultural's fields because the sat imagery is not very beautifull.

Like doing a lake on the tutorial, i made a new shape, i linked it to the dummy, and i use Maxsuperficial to declare it on a field. But how i choose the texture. Must i declare it on 3DSmax with UVW mapping ?

I made also LOD2 but i haven't tested it in-game. A 40X40 km square have 4000 faces and a 10X10km have 300 faces.

In LOD2, the 40 Km square is about 2000 faces. The 20 Km is 15 to 500 faces

Tanks for your help, i will send you later a 40Km square

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

Try this, create a lake type area like you said you just did, except declare it just a normal ground mesh. Then apply a UVW map on it and put your field texture on it.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Hi, i have questions on noise effect.

Do you know how selected the altitude for mountains noise ?

Can i use several noise texture ?

CE EVAC

I have not forgotten about this. I'm just trying to get an answer for you :) I should have an answer in a day or so.

I know I already mentioned this, but can you send me a small sample of your terrain? Four tiles would be enough, although 16 would be best. I just want to make sure that your on the right track and don't get hit in the face with a bunch of errors later on.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

The height of the noise for mountains is controlled in the graphics.cfg file...I forget which setting, I think maphigh =...

EDIT: The High Res 3DMax Template for Terrain Designers file is now uploaded to lockonfiles.com

Edited by Hawg11

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

The height of the noise for mountains is controlled in the graphics.cfg file...I forget which setting, I think maphigh =...

Ok, i will hope that was in the config.cfg

There is a command with old noise ? maybe that ?

CE EVAC

• 1 month later...

The documentation are very good, i do my ground in following the doc, and specially the "creating land lesson". For the base scenary all you need is described.

Like Luckybob9 says, ask specific question of what you don't understood.

CE EVAC

Black Shark scenary...

Hi all.

Sorry my basic english.

I'm creating a new scenary for DCS: Black Shark.

I'm using Eagle Dynamics tools for 3dsmax 2008.

The documentation is very basic. I want more information.

I think it's better for community and gamers.

Here, you can see the basic 3d model of terrain.

Obtained with MaxSuperficial > Surface > Import (land.lsa2).

He tutorials are very detailed and should be easy to follow. What you have in that screenshot is the current land mesh that Eagle created. What specific questions do you have?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Ok. I have any questions.

I'm a 3dsmax and Photoshop advanced user.

I have pieces of 512x512 aerial photos.

They are 512x512 m. (1 m/pixel).

I want to create a small but high detailed scenary.

I think 10x10 km or 20x20 km is good.

It is possible?

What's the max. and min. limit of distance?

I have the template of documentation (40x40 km. in 4x4 pieces)

I need other template?

Can I create my own template?

You need DEM's (digital elevation model) to apply to the template by using a displace modifier. That will create the elevation information for the mesh

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Sorry, I had to check some things to get you an accurate answer. For the minimum, I would do a single tile at 40x40km and just leave some things flat that you don't use. I have never tested with anything other than 40x40. For a maximum, it depends on how detailed each tile is. It is really hard to give an exact answer. Just make sure you have them in groups of 40x40km tiles.

As for templates, you can make your own, but there is really no point. Just use the existing template and save it as a new file when your done with it. Then just re-use it again.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

In documentation:

"The main grid of the earth is represented by squares of 10x10 or 20х20 km..."

I think is confuse.

How can I do to apply the textures with 1 m/px in that mesh? on

I think I need pieces of 512x512 pixels, not 40000 x 40000, to get more resolution.

ok. I misunderstood you original question. I thought you meant the minimum to use the template. The minimum is 4 10x10Km squares arranged in a 2x2 allignment. This is because the LOD2 tiles are composed of 4 of the regular LOD tiles mentioned in the previous sentence. So, when you combine the 2x2 regular LOD, you get a single LOD2 tile that is 20x20km, and thus why that is the minimum.

For applying the textures:

you will need one image file per tile, whether it is a regular LOD or a LOD2. For example, one part of a regular LOD, (4 10x10km tiles arranged in a 2x2 allignment), will need 4 texture files. In your case it will be 4 512x512pixel texture files in a .bmp format. For the LOD2, you will take those 4 texture files and combine them into a single file. Since doing that will result in a single 1024x1024 file, you can resize it to 512x512. Once you have that combined file, you assign it to the LOD2 tile.

You assign textures to the tiles by first applying a 'UVW Map' modifier. Then you just drag you texture image onto the plane that you want.

For creating a tutorial, have you looked a this link? All the information can be found there in detail.

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Creating_land_2

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

ok.

But if I have 512 x 512 pixel texture files with 1 m/pixel of resolution, I realy have 512 x 512 metres in every file. If I apply this file on a 10 x 10 km tile, I get a low resolution inside the game, because it stretch from 512 to 10000 metres.

Do you understand me?

I dont know if I can apply an 512x512 file on the Editable Mesh sub-object Polygon.