RvE Lockon Realism Mod Release Candidate 4 (Public Beta)

RvEYoda

MiG-29 is limited to 5G's with centerline tank, Su-27 is the same at 100%, AFAIK the 9G fuel limit of a Flanker is 5500kg. The MiG has no G limits on internal fuel, it can pull 9G's with 100%.

I believe there is also G limits for migs depending on M-number

(At least thats what a bulgarian mig29 pilot told me)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, of course also, if you fire an amraam it should take 1.5-2 seconds before

you can fire another one ;). That is important! takes a while to load data into missile

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

True, but we need the performance charts and plots to verify it. The MiG manual I have concerns only combat usage. The Flanker manual though is more detailed, I'll have a look there, could eventualy find something usefull.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

MiG-29 is limited to 5G's with centerline tank, Su-27 is the same at 100%, AFAIK the 9G fuel limit of a Flanker is 5500kg. The MiG has no G limits on internal fuel, it can pull 9G's with 100%.

Tell me about....it su*** to end up in the 16 with heavy wings in CAT3 (5.5Glimiter) in a hot mess :lol:

bidon bidon bidon .....drop drop...ahhhh now i have a fighter....where they were again... :smartass::megalol:

besides ..wasnt that one of the MIG ..huge advantages as "dogfighter"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

Hehe, remember the good times! :D

Yes, you remember correctly and he told you M 0.85 with fuel tank. (And the B-20 containers also reducing speed - and making a good sound :) - to that limit. BTW I've heard stories about german fulcrums braking Mach 1 with it.) And the Fulcrum can't pull 6+ Gs even if the tank is empty, it's too weakly attached.

One more thing: THIS MOD WILL BE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can you modify these things??!!!?!?!??! (behind the Force of Yoda)

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Just made a testflights vs the "new" AIM-120 (RvE-server-side ..same for R-77 ) shot at me from Yoda.

Im impressed !!!

NOW ..you have to fight the missile FIRST before you even think about re-engagement.

Its sticks on you like Glue....though its still possible to defend it from 8nm with really smart timing and flight....but headon dodge-merge-last moment all missiles spamming everyone .. FORGET IT !!

I tried few known headon dodge exploits.... no chance...do it the proper way honey.. :lol:

This fact was always the biggest problem if it came down to wing-tactics...cuz folks just ingnored missiles by exploit dodging

and tacitcs became almost meaningless..... i hated the days of flying on servers.. ala ..who knows the better exploits.

Also nice the new 2nd launch delay 1.5 second.

This and ET-maddog "dealer" may allow a 90s server ..maybe

PS: this is not related to reduced chaff

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah and it also applies to R77, so its not just amraam that will behave like this ;).

Not on the server yet, but will be soon

So does the mig29 prevent you from pulling more than 6g with centerline tank

or does it break off and damage the aircraft? ;)

Funny we could make it autodrop if you pull too much for a long time ^^

Back to Active missiles

Because of lockon's implementation of super-maddogs, maddoging r77

and 120s is not allowed. You have to override the new auto-masterArm

(master arm will automatically switch off if you have an amraam selected

but no radar target)

for the 15, and use launch override for the russian planes,

and if you still try to override and do that and maddog, the plane WILL drop all your

weapons ;). You WILL learn to play more correct :P

So why not allow maddogs of 120s?(The real thing can maddog)

Because in lockon they scan +-90 degrees in front of you for targets,

making them into super radars that sees "everything" within 8 nm.

Shoot one and it will tell you if there is anything in front of you, and

if it's like this, it's better to just disable maddogging for that missile

So missiles affected by anti-maddog:

Aim-120

R-77

R-27ET

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

People will leave ET last for maddoging, so that dropping all stores algoritm has no effect. :D MAke it eject the pilot in the atempt. :D

tried the server today, and what a difference...

thumbs up.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have a suggestion for TWS script. The altitude scan limits center exactly every few seconds. but I think it should allow the player to adjust a few notches up or down in order to be able to pick up other bandits at different altitudes.

You could set instant altitude centering upon lock of the first target and then issue the auto antenna up and down commands as incremental commands instead of absolute centering.

Would it possible to do the same for azimuth?

another suggestion would be to reduce azimuth scan zone and steer the radar torwards its last known direction after breaking lock to try reaquire it faster. Real planes do this. It would be neat. :)

My PC specs below:

Im using 1 4-way hat for elevation and azimuth aiming. Its much faster this way than using 2 rotators.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

well done guys - enjoyed the short flight on the server - i have a suggestion though in regards to the loadout for the a10. scratch the 6 mav Ds and make it 4 instead - or even 2 only - rest put either 4 mk82 or mk20 on there and some marking rockets.

cheers,

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Im using 1 4-way hat for elevation and azimuth aiming. Its much faster this way than using 2 rotators.

I use the same, much better than rotator.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I have a suggestion for TWS script. The altitude scan limits center exactly every few seconds. but I think it should allow the player to adjust a few notches up or down in order to be able to pick up other bandits at different altitudes.

You could set instant altitude centering upon lock of the first target and then issue the auto antenna up and down commands as incremental commands instead of absolute centering.

Would it possible to do the same for azimuth?

another suggestion would be to reduce azimuth scan zone and steer the radar torwards its last known direction after breaking lock to try reaquire it faster. Real planes do this. It would be neat. :)

The antenna elevation script is NOT based on "amount of seconds".

It runs 10 times per second and if the new desired angle is more

than 1.1 degrees from the previous one, it adjusts.

Thus if you have one target stable within +- 1.1 degrees

it will not adjust at all, and you can already scan freely.

This is because we cant ask lockon "where is the radar right now".

You could increase the 1.1->2 degrees, or something like this if you want

it to reset antenna to target less often.

If two targets, then it slews in the middle, precision is 0.25 degrees if

two targets. It doesnt care about target 3 and higher.

If targets 1 and two are separated more than 7 degrees in elevation, it

starts slewing with only the Pdt.

Pilotasso I'm emailing you the script, but with more "minimum

elevation change" to 1.5 degrees

(you will see it adjusts elevation less often then)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

for elevation hat is faster then rotator :huh: you doing something wrong then...... i elevate step less speed flexible up down in any speed i can rotate and in precission....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for elevation hat is faster then rotator :huh: you doing something wrong then...... i elevate step less speed flexible up down in any speed i can rotate and in precission....

I use both when able :)

Unable to auto center azimuth on target, reason :

Lockon LUA input command for azumith doesnt work

(I wanted this too at first)

...Ever Noticed that your radar does not follow a target?

Example : You lock a target STT. You fly the Su-27. Then you lose lock, and for some reason the radar resets the antenna elevation back to horizon level, and you have no idea where you lost the bandit. This is both annoying and unrealistic.

Changes :

- If you are in BVR mode and lock a target STT, the radar will not snap back radar elevation to horizon level after losing a lock, regardless if the lock was lost due to manual input or if the bandit broke it. It will stay where you last lost the lock!

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I'm at work and don't have time to read the complete thread. But...

Do you have documentation to support the above change. Hopefully I'll be able to dig it up but I have a book somewhere that indicated that, upon losing lock, the radar defaulted to mid-range BVR scan which was decribed by the author as being a complete pain in the ass. And that seems to be the model we have in the sim.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Roger Ironhand, if you can find the documentation about this,

I could make it an f-15 only feature, since I know its there for the eagle.

I assumed all lockon planes have such capability, I added it for all planes,

but it would be easy to make it F-15 only, however I think flanker pilots

would be rather pissed, and there is no way i'm cutting out TWS

antenna auto slew for F-15s :)

If you can dig up the information about these things it would be great

Thats why it's release candidate/beta and not final.

Just had a 1v1 BVR with mustang

Oh boy those new amraams and adders are deadly, too bad we can't

change the energy parameters .....at least.....I have not

found a way....yet!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Thinking about removing the maddog punishment. It may break more

than it fixes... I want others' thoughts on this.

Su-25 flaps. Battle mode.

Whats about Su-25 flaps? AFAK they works different from fighter's one. For example they can be extended at speeds over 400km/h. Did you fix that in future issue of realism mod?

P.S. By the way - gess its concerns A-10 too.

Falcon 4.0 AF, Dangerous Waters, LockON.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]