DCS: MQ9 Reaper

Kev2go

Reaper%20UAV%205%20Feb%202015.jpg

As a suggestion I mean why not?

We are already virtual pilots.

Arguably speaking Flying with HOTAS sitting behind a monitor is in some ways closer to Drone Operation than It is to flying a real Jet :D

Besides youd be able to simulate stepping aside RL aspect of things to take washroom breaks, or to put the Thing on autopilot to make yourself a White Russian ( or whatever your preferred drink is) to calm your nerves just like RL drone pilots do ( err JK I mean Coffee, lol, no drinking on the job) . :thumbup:

Therefore this would arguably be the most immersive module yet, especially as not all drone pilots are military, these slots are open to civilians like for the ones flying for the CIA for Eg.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

On another note It would be nice to have because it aslo would be representative Of RL Pilots Career Progression ( something wags and others users talk about)

Piston Trainer < Jet Trainer > 2 Seat Combat trainer , < assigned combat jet < reassignment to drone

As of now UAV is the missing link to end it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yup! Day one purchase for me. As a former UAV operator myself, something like this would bring the battlefield to the 21 century!

Using an F10 type map to plot courses, speed, alt, CW/CCW orbits while scanning, lasing and even firing on target.... yeah ok.. got to be done!

Implement a pseudo triple screen display, map, engineering tables and sensor display.

There is no sim or even game on the market that offers anything close to real world UAV operation. Arma comes the closest but the controls (at least since I last used them a few months ago) are very clunky and don't respond most of the time.

Heck I'd even go for a non armed version of any medium to long range UAV!

Make it a two part process to deliver in the field.

A UAV, whether catapult or runway launched, and the Ground Control Station. On MP you can use a helo to transport the GCS

on to a ridge line and have LOS, giving greater range. Destroy the GCS, the UAV returns to home base on timers, giving you a chance to deliver a new GCS. Place several GCS around the map to pass off the UAV to another kill box. So many possibilities.

Edited by Dagger71

I play DCS to "fly" interesting aircraft I'll never get to in real life. A drone doesn't appeal to me as I'd be playing a video game of a video game. I get why some think it would be cool but I'd be bored. Also I'm a pilot and eventually drones are going to take my job so I jave an irrational hatred of them. I feel like I went to school to be a typewriter repairman.

I play DCS to "fly" interesting aircraft I'll never get to in real life. A drone doesn't appeal to me as I'd be playing a video game of a video game. I get why some think it would be cool but I'd be bored. Also I'm a pilot and eventually drones are going to take my job so I jave an irrational hatred of them. I feel like I went to school to be a typewriter repairman.

+1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Funny how people rag on Drone operators when most could never hack it in real life.

While “Joe Fighter Pilot” gets to make one pass and haul ass back to the O Club, Drone operators get to sit there and watch targets burn.

Most of you keyboard cowboy wannabes would just puke your guts out and quit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

In lieu of full fidelity model, I'd like to see an autonomous platform that can have sensors controlled, but vehicle control would be via way point, task, security stance assignment.

There was a Mod for ArmA that gave the user an iPad like terminal. The terminal had a scroll-able map, TPOD camera, and a designation laser. The point of view was attached to a model that already existed in the game. A biplane by default. It worked great

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

DCS : Drone Edition

So you can sit at a desk with a joystick, pretending you're a guy sitting at a desk with a joystick flying a plane on the internet?

Instead of a cockpit would have the interior of a van? Or perhaps just a glitzy CRT monitor overlay on our monitor? Lol

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

So you can sit at a desk with a joystick, pretending you're a guy sitting at a desk with a joystick flying a plane on the internet?

What do you care what people do?

I'm interested in the tactical aspects of drone warefare. I'd prefer an non-armed version for the JTAC value it brings.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

you can drone yourself with any aircraft in DCS as long as it has a targeting pod and mavericks for hellfires. I specifically want the Apache helicopter in DCS.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Where, when, what unit?

If true, he will never tell. So, we will never know. If he tells you/us, I am sure he is breaking some rules... He shouldn’t even mention he was an operator.

Well, anyway...

I’d buy it probably.

What do you care what people do?

You must be new to internet discussion forums. See, here's how it works, take you through step by step.

#1 OP creates thread, says some stuff

#2 Other people reply with their thoughts/opinions

#3 ???

Fascinating idea isn't it?

Someone will fly it, even if most don't.

A recipe for success, no doubt. This is why we don't let you manage the finances.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Instead of a cockpit would have the interior of a van? Or perhaps just a glitzy CRT monitor overlay on our monitor? Lol

IKR, being self aware of this, I in a way would still want to do it.

. Im sure it would be a dream for anyone to have a an impressive list of virtual rewards/ statcard like this :

but accomplished all with a drone .SO with that in mind : its highway to the safety zone :thumbup:

usn_logbook_medal_error_zps6e525a3b.jpg

and besides being a drone operator is serious business: carpel tunnel syndrome can be quite nasty, seriously their sacrifices are underappreciated.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/drone-pilot-to-receive-first-air-force-medal-of-honor-since-vietnam/

yes this was all satire, but seriously drones have a place in modern battlefield, and even to my surprise there were more people who would be willing to get a drone module than i had thought

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro