New "Memory of the Hero Campaign" by Stone Sky

Hi,

The idea of having the Mi-8 and Black Shark flying in one campaign is very original :thumbup:

I do have the Mi-8 and the Black Shark but I've never learnt to fly the Black Shark (too much avionics for me). So I wonder if the campaign can be flown with the Mi-8 only?

I imagine that there will be a forum dedicated to that campaign soon?

PS: not a big deal, but a little typo in the spelling of "campaing":

attachment.php?attachmentid=193081&stc=1&d=1535743559

2018-08-31_21-24-29.png.4380e9abb28e8f823f2bb5f24f6874a9.png

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Do you know who is the author of this Campaign?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@alfredo_laredo: thanks for the info.

@Rudel_chw: I am wondering who is "Stone Sky" too. Looks like a new 3rd party developer. That's good :)

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• Voiceovers: English, Russian

• Briefings/Subtitles: English, Russian

- Tony -

any trailers?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi,

PS: not a big deal, but a little typo in the spelling of "campaing":

attachment.php?attachmentid=193081&stc=1&d=1535743559

lol just wait. half of the english text is gibberish. seems like they just used google translate instead of a human. oh well adds to the fun

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

[...]

I do have the Mi-8 and the Black Shark but I've never learnt to fly the Black Shark (too much avionics for me). So I wonder if the campaign can be flown with the Mi-8 only?

[...]

If you so wish, you can use the mission editor or modify the logbook.lua to skip missions for wich you have to fly the Ka-50. You could potentially even use the mission editor to change the Ka-50 into an Mi-8 (but you cannot save the mission like this due to DLC protection). I am not sure if you can complete all missions if you do this, though.

You're missing out by opting not to fly your shark :) I know it's heavy handed on the avionics side, but mastering her and being able to fly and fight at the same time is a real art.

Check my F-15C guide

Thanks for the info and tips, Sryan.

I'll consider flying my Shark ;)

Did you test this campaign? If so who is the author? "Stone Sky" is on the forums I believe?

- Tony -

Purchased this morning, download speed for the campaign is horrible, around 200 kbs. Going to take a while.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It would be nice to hear a bit of the author of the campaign and his team? ;)

- Tony -

Hello, i'm the creator of the campaign.

You can't complete the campaign using only MI-8, i'm sorry that this moment wasn't thought about carefully. Moreover, the plot and the scenario would suffer a lot.

There is a trailer. As for now, we are waiting for the approval from Eagle Dynamics to post it on website. by the way, you can watch it here:

Feel free to post your rate and remarks, and questions as well. I'll answer all the questions at least twice a week.

Me and my team would be glad to communicate and participate in development of the next campaign.

Due to your support, we would be able to improve quality and get even better product. (especially in translation: feel free to mark any mistakes and gibberish)

[...]

Feel free to post your rate and remarks, and questions as well. [...]

I only played the first 2 missions so far which means I can't comment that much so far. However, my first impressions:

Mission 1:

- enjoyable and challenging

- with Doppler maybe a bit hard to find the 2nd last oil rig, but not impossible. I think many less experienced pilots may have problems with that though. Maybe this mission might be too hard as "mission 1". Start "easy" and increase difficulty over time ;-) Don't get me wrong though - I like difficult missions, but this one feels more like it should be "Mission 5".

Mission 2:

- flight to search pattern is a bit long if you don't use time compression

- it's a bit confusing because you're told to enable the beacon/ARC-UD, but you're not allowed to follow the signal until you passed CW1-CW3. The triggers should be adjusted there

General:

- I'd prefer if you'd have to RTB.

- cold start with startup voice overs like in Oilfield Campaign would be great.

- 16 missions for the campaign seems fair

- not yet sure if I like the "mixed helicopter" thing, but it at least forces me to finally deal more with the Ka-50.

I only played the first 2 missions so far which means I can't comment that much so far. However, my first impressions:

Mission 1:

- enjoyable and challenging

- with Doppler maybe a bit hard to find the 2nd last oil rig, but not impossible. I think many less experienced pilots may have problems with that though. Maybe this mission might be too hard as "mission 1". Start "easy" and increase difficulty over time ;-) Don't get me wrong though - I like difficult missions, but this one feels more like it should be "Mission 5".

Mission 2:

- flight to search pattern is a bit long if you don't use time compression

- it's a bit confusing because you're told to enable the beacon/ARC-UD, but you're not allowed to follow the signal until you passed CW1-CW3. The triggers should be adjusted there

General:

- I'd prefer if you'd have to RTB.

- cold start with startup voice overs like in Oilfield Campaign would be great.

- 16 missions for the campaign seems fair

- not yet sure if I like the "mixed helicopter" thing, but it at least forces me to finally deal more with the Ka-50.

Thank you for feedback and feature requests. We will develop. Аnd correct mistakes

The Campaign is very much beautifull, deep athmosphere very much nice, but i has flown only 3 missions til now and 4. with a try through missions Editor. Problems with KA-50 or i makes something wrong, cause i cannot land it at ship. Is to much nervous with autopilots on. But Maybe i should learn my new Hotas better, Maybe thars the answer.

The Campaign is very much beautifull, deep athmosphere very much nice, but i has flown only 3 missions til now and 4. with a try through missions Editor. Problems with KA-50 or i makes something wrong, cause i cannot land it at ship. Is to much nervous with autopilots on. But Maybe i should learn my new Hotas better, Maybe thars the answer.

many thanks!!!! I tried very hard...

• 2 months later...

Love it

I am at mission 5 and i have to say i love it.

I really like the atmosphere. Music is really well fitting and helps set the scenes.

Missions so far are really interesting and entertaining.

There are some bugs here and there.

English translation could use some tweaking

(not a native speaker but seems like some wording might not be correct or fitting.)

And voice over could use more actors.

But overall this is what i wanted in DCS, campaign stories.

Well done and thank you.