More Coalitions (not just Blue & Red)

Alpenwolf

I'd like to have more coalitions so in some scenario of a mission pilots of 3 or more coalitions can fight each other at the same time. We've got Blue & Red. Let's have Green, Black, White, Yellow or whatever colours or so. That'd be great.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

A third coalition (purple) does already exist in the code and can be activated by editing a config file: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213725

ED is working on fully implementing this third coaliton.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A third coalition (purple) does already exist in the code and can be activated by editing a config file: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213725

ED is working on fully implementing this third coaliton.

Oh really? Wow, I wonder how allegiances are going to be handled or whether they're even going to be implemented.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Oh really? Wow, I wonder how allegiances are going to be handled or whether they're even going to be implemented.

It's a neutral coalition as far as I know, meaning its units should not show up as hostile to red and blue. Haven't tested it though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

So this is an old wish and still nothing. Well, hope they do it. I need this feature for some missions I have in mind.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

How about just being able to have nations rather than red vs blue? And just group the Nations up into as many groups you want? And the user can assign names to whatever groups they want.

Eg: ISAF, KFOR, SFOR, NATO, UN, Warsaw Pact, etc... etc...

How about just being able to have nations rather than red vs blue? And just group the Nations up into as many groups you want? And the user can assign names to whatever groups they want.

Eg: ISAF, KFOR, SFOR, NATO, UN, Warsaw Pact, etc... etc...

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

ARMA handled quite well the 3rd coalition "green".

By default it could be set allied to red or to blue or to none or to both.

And it could change state during a mission based in a trigger.

Civilian was a coalition allied to all others

This was perfect system. Allowing to create a 'rebel' faction. Or a faction that goes from neutral to hostile when one event happens (e.g.breach of ROE).

And allow for simulating a complex environment like real word (e.g. Syria) with civilian,rebels,etc ....

It is a must have, and should be pretty simple to implement. Unbelievable that ED didn't implement it yet ...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

This was perfect system. Allowing to create a 'rebel' faction. Or a faction that goes from neutral to hostile when one event happens (e.g.breach of ROE).

And allow for simulating a complex environment like real word (e.g. Syria) with civilian,rebels,etc ....

It is a must have, and should be pretty simple to implement. Unbelievable that ED didn't implement it yet ...

Yes exactly, how Arma's implementation of this would be perfect for DCS

Multiple coalitions with allegiances controlled through triggers, it also allows for a conflict with multiple belligerents, as with the aforementioned situation in Syria.

System:

you would need at least 2 more coaltions.

purple- hostile to red and blue.

yellow- neutral

and possibly

purple- Neutral for blue (the USA prior to Pearl Harbor for example)

Orange- Neutral for Red.

These last two options would only work with built-in ROE and possibly a dynamic campaign so you might have something like the Kurile Islands campaign in Falcon 3.

you would need at least 2 more coaltions.

Couldn't agree more. although the more, the better. But just like the other guy wrote, give us the option of even being able to make every country a coalition/team by itself. Reall hoping this gets done!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

LoL

...This thread is so reminiscent of so many threads on this forum.

For years there have been requests :

"Please can we have a third coalition ?"

So the 3rd coalition appears (as mentioned - turn it on in the ME .lua), and the response is:

"Please can we have 7 coalitions ?"

When the Dora came out, we had:

"We want an Fw 190 A-8 Anton ! "

Fw 190 A-8 Anton appears, and the next thread is :

ED Forums » English » DCS World War II » Western Europe 1944-1945 » So now that we have the Anton...... Will you tell us if you're working on a 109G or not?

We have a third coalition, we can set up more complicated ROE & challenging battlefields.

Yes, more in the future would be nice, but let's acknowledge that what we originally asked for has been provided, and lets see if we can make some interesting missions with that.

Cheers.

I think having a 3rd coalition is absolutely fine, the problem is nothing has been mentioned about allegiances or whether they can be changed mid-mission via triggers etc.

In my original wishlist thread I asked for multiple coalitions, preferably the facility to add/edit and remove them throughout the duration of mission editing. So no it's absolutely not a case of "I want a 3rd coalition" -> *gets 3rd coalition* -> "I want 7 coalitions"

Of course I'm grateful that ED are taking steps in the right direction, who isn't? And depending on how allegiances are handled, it will be as you describe, which yeah that's quintessentially what we're all after.

I know the thread is titled a 3rd coalition, but if you read the post I definitely go on to say about multiple coalitions and coalition editing, if I knew how to change a thread title I would

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161289

Edited by Northstar98

System:

LoL

...This thread is so reminiscent of so many threads on this forum.

For years there have been requests :

So the 3rd coalition appears (as mentioned - turn it on in the ME .lua), and the response is:

"Please can we have 7 coalitions ?"

When the Dora came out, we had:

Fw 190 A-8 Anton appears, and the next thread is :

ED Forums » English » DCS World War II » Western Europe 1944-1945 » So now that we have the Anton...... Will you tell us if you're working on a 109G or not?

We have a third coalition, we can set up more complicated ROE & challenging battlefields.

Yes, more in the future would be nice, but let's acknowledge that what we originally asked for has been provided, and lets see if we can make some interesting missions with that.

Not everyone wants to have to “hack” DCS for functions that (if they actually do exist) should work right from the box.

Sometimes the “Holier than thou because I can tweak the code” attitude wears thin.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Civilian was a [4th] coalition allied to all others

This! :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

This would be a nice and flexible solution

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Good suggestions, but I'm stuffed with mods over mods and .lua script lines to enable things I'd rather have ED do.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...

Would really appreciate this one here, ED! Opens a lot of opportunitites for a mission designer as I happen to have some plans with this feature.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments