M-2000C English Cockpit Mod - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #101
Quax456

Or you can install your Mod into Saved Games/Liveries/M-2000C-CPT/
My Rig: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-8700k@4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe, Samsung 3*1TB HDD (RAID 0), GTX1070 G1, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals + TrackIR5, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display
Quax456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #102
gospadin
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quax456 View Post
Or you can install your Mod into Saved Games/Liveries/M-2000C-CPT/
Unfortunately, that doesn't work because the M-2000C lua code doesn't support the scan for other cockpit options.
gospadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #103
NTolerance

Thanks for this mod, it's fantastic! It's a huge boost to those English speakers that want to fly a full-fidelity fourth-gen fighter in DCS.

Of all the modules I've flown in DCS, the stock Mirage cockpit is by far the hardest to read in VR. This may be out of scope for this project, but I'd like to humbly suggest an idea for VR fliers. Would it be possible to make the translated text bigger and more clear like in this mod?
NTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #104
gospadin
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTolerance View Post
Thanks for this mod, it's fantastic! It's a huge boost to those English speakers that want to fly a full-fidelity fourth-gen fighter in DCS.
I appreciate the compliment, thanks.

Quote:
Of all the modules I've flown in DCS, the stock Mirage cockpit is by far the hardest to read in VR. This may be out of scope for this project, but I'd like to humbly suggest an idea for VR fliers. Would it be possible to make the translated text bigger and more clear like in this mod?
Not clear from the screenshot what, exactly, is being done differently. How much bigger does the text need to be? In many cases there's not much space for larger fonts.

--gos
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #105
NTolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospadin View Post
I appreciate the compliment, thanks.

Not clear from the screenshot what, exactly, is being done differently. How much bigger does the text need to be? In many cases there's not much space for larger fonts.

--gos
The screenshot probably doesn't do the VR experience justice, but I've taken it for a test flight and I noticed that the text labels were bigger where room would allow for each instrument. This is just my personal opinion, but I would give up realism for the largest text possible just to make flying easier, and ironically, closer to what you'd have in real life in that you'd be able to glance at your instruments and make sense of them more quickly. As a point of reference, the A-10C cockpit works great for me in VR and I really wouldn't change much about that cockpit.

Also noticeable to me is that there is a lot more contrast between the black background and the white text. I feel like the default text color has more of a gray tint to it, and a solid white (#FFFFFF) would help a lot. Also it appears to me that the fonts are higher resolution in some way with sharper edges, but this goes beyond my knowledge of graphics/textures. This could just be my perception and I could be very technically incorrect.

Edit: After looking more closely at the side-by-side comparison in the screenshot, the font size looks about the same, but it's pretty apparent to me that the white is much white-er and has much greater contrast. Perhaps the English cockpit mod could have a version with an extra-white set of text labels as an option.

Last edited by NTolerance; 02-15-2018 at 09:09 PM.
NTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:21 AM   #106
gospadin
Beta Tester

Quote:
Edit: After looking more closely at the side-by-side comparison in the screenshot, the font size looks about the same, but it's pretty apparent to me that the white is much white-er and has much greater contrast. Perhaps the English cockpit mod could have a version with an extra-white set of text labels as an option.
Yea, I have 6 different shades of grey used for the cockpit labeling, none of them are pure white.

Darkest is #575A5C, lightest is #C6CBCE.

I could potentially turn up the whites but that'd double the size, which is already ~180MB once unpacked.

Let me think about whether I want to do another spin or not. Since RAZBAM said their own english cockpit is finally on the way, I will probably just not bother.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #107
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

R.I.P
Eric, thank you so much for your mod!

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #108
Rudel_chw
Veteran

It's so disturbing .. we all know that we will eventually all pass away, but be reading what's probably the last post that Gospadin wrote gives me the chills.

I didnt knew him, but feel sorry for his wife and family ... RIP.

... and may this remind us that we dont know if this will be our last day or not, so make it count and live every single day to its fullest, dont get angry, dont worry, be happy, hug your kids and make love to your partner.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #109
Quax456

Oh noooo

All my best wishes to his family who have suffured such a big loss.
My Rig: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-8700k@4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe, Samsung 3*1TB HDD (RAID 0), GTX1070 G1, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals + TrackIR5, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display
Quax456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #110
Devrim
Veteran

I feel still sorry. Oh.. Gos...

We've talked much about his mod.
He asked me very nicely if I can continue to work on his mod, but I had to refuse for a reason. Of course this is another subject, but I don't know I feel bad...

43 years old. Too early!!!
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote