Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

Awesome! It really puts Magnitute into shame.

Superb Mod!

Big thx to your effort to get the sound of the 21 to the point wich the Module deserves.

I really like your work

Cheers to you

Great work! I dropped it into a folder, enabled with JSGME, and it sounds awesome.

Thanks for all your kind words guys, keep your eye on this thread, there will be updates :)

Just tested and very happy so far : )

Only your "high pitched turbine whine" or hissing sound on the ground should be hearable more in front and at the sides i think. At the moment it is more present in the back of the airplane.

Good example here :

Keep it up !

Kind regards , Markuscha

yep, and 100% louder cracking sound on ab - that is mig-21 sound signature. I remember watching them take-off in our airbase, the noise was bordering on pain.

That mod is gold. Really love the external sound and the internal is improved too.

yep, and 100% louder cracking sound on ab - that is mig-21 sound signature. I remember watching them take-off in our airbase, the noise was bordering on pain.

Thanks :) I am glad you like the mod. Thank you for the video- I will have a look at the AB, however I believe the afterburner is already at max gain, but I'll see what I can do.

That sound mod should be the normal sound for it and not a mod imo. Much better than vanilla.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Just downloaded the upgraded sound files. Thanks enormously NIN, appreciate you going to the effort to help make the Fishbed Great Again!

We have formed a Mig21 Formation Display Team called 'Inexplicable' and we have been training on the Aerobatics Online Open Beta server for the past two months. I will get all of our pilots to download and update their sounds so that our promotional videos sound that much more awesome!

If any Mig21 driver would like to join us on our Discord, please feel free to add yourself using the following link;

https://discord.gg/pRfjWe

Introduce yourselves on the GENERAL channel and feel free to join up for some fun flying!

--

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot

Mugg said:
Just downloaded the upgraded sound files. Thanks enormously NIN, appreciate you going to the effort to help make the Fishbed Great Again!

We have formed a Mig21 Formation Display Team called 'Inexplicable' and we have been training on the Aerobatics Online Open Beta server for the past two months. I will get all of our pilots to download and update their sounds so that our promotional videos sound that much more awesome!

If any Mig21 driver would like to join us on our Discord, please feel free to add yourself using the following link;

https://discord.gg/pRfjWe

Introduce yourselves on the GENERAL channel and feel free to join up for some fun flying!

--

Hi Mugga,

I am Nin, I've played with you guys before, as I'm sure you will remember after I did nothing but crash. I'll come back online there once I've figured out how to land the damn thing.

Cheers though- glad you like it 🙂

Edited by Nin

Very nicely done, this is a really necessary optimization of the standard sounds. New spirits were breathed into the old bird. It is now acoustically a real pleasure to play with the engine on approach.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Can I say, without offending anyone, that this type of "fix" must be made by the manufacturer of the module? in fact the original sound is pretty poor .. and letting some random guy create a mod is not the right way to operate

You are right, this sort of fix should be made by the manufacturer of the module. But if its a choice between having a mod like this and nothing I choose the mod every time. I think that when it comes to practical realities we cannot expect a sound overhaul from Magnitude 3 LLC even if that was the only way to improve it. They will have better and most importantly more profitable things to work on.

'Some random guy' will have to do.

Edited by NikolaT

Nin, the high-pitch roar sound in your mod here

should be more, much more pronounced. Plus that cracking noise in AB... more :)

This is the sound signature of Mig-21

Mig-21 is LOUD!

But thank you for already making the sound much better from that pathetic original one

Hello,

I'm impressed by the upgrade it is in comparison with the original (youtube reference).

I do have a problem however. I installed the 2 folders in the stable version in their respective submaps (c-eagle dynamics-DCSWorld-Mods/Coremod-...). But the sounds are very uneven and it appears that I hear the original as well.

Is their a cause with the stable version?

I can not believe that after all these years this plane still sounds like gas stove. I hope they're planning to do something with it in the future.

Can I say, without offending anyone, that this type of "fix" must be made by the manufacturer of the module? in fact the original sound is pretty poor .. and letting some random guy create a mod is not the right way to operate

You are right, this sort of fix should be made by the manufacturer of the module. But if its a choice between having a mod like this and nothing I choose the mod every time. I think that when it comes to practical realities we cannot expect a sound overhaul from Magnitude 3 LLC even if that was the only way to improve it. They will have better and most importantly more profitable things to work on.

'Some random guy' will have to do.

Thanks for your feedback guys, Although I agree sounds were lacking very much on the MiG-21 it is safe to say the rest of the module is fantastic, and they are invested in other new exciting projects at this moment in time. Keep an eye out on the forums for the next update :)

Thanks for your feedback guys, Although I agree sounds were lacking very much on the MiG-21 it is safe to say the rest of the module is fantastic, and they are invested in other new exciting projects at this moment in time. Keep an eye out on the forums for the next update :)

Hello,

I'm impressed by the upgrade it is in comparison with the original (youtube reference).

I do have a problem however. I installed the 2 folders in the stable version in their respective submaps (c-eagle dynamics-DCSWorld-Mods/Coremod-...). But the sounds are very uneven and it appears that I hear the original as well.

Is their a cause with the stable version?

I'm sorry you're having issues- as far as I am aware this should work in all versions of DCS- could you go into more detail about what problem it is you're facing?

I never really care for sounds as much as others seem to so I was enjoying the Mig-21 regardless. I decided to try your mod and holy crap, it's so much awesome!

Is there any chance you could get in touch with M3 and maybe get it implemented in the official module?