"Connection timed out" problem after today's (13.03.19) update - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #11
cercata

Same Issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I myself thought it was pretty stupid that joining a server without the f14 would work, but it somehow did and fixed my problem. After that i have had no problems joining any server. Even after restarting dcs.
Yesterday I could connect a couple of servers that didn't have the F-14, but for the servers with several F-14s conected, no way, allways timeout, and then no return to menu.

Last edited by cercata; 03-14-2019 at 03:39 PM.
cercata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #12
CeeBee

Actually the problem is still there for me too. Sometimes it works sometimes it dont. Really weird. But i've at least started to be able to join any server without timing out every single time. But it is very unconsistent when i select a f14 slot and loading up the cockpit. 2/3 of the times it says "connection timed out" and boots me back to the serverlist. If i rejoin it does the same over and over and if i am lucky it finally loads the cockpit before timing out.
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:19 PM   #13
Blackbird30

I have exactly the same problem. I have ran the DCS_updater commands to update and repair the client but still not working. I can connect to the server fine and pick a slot, however I time out just as the nose of the aircraft (F14) and the cockpit begin to render in.
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI)
238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G
Oculus rift CV1
TrackIR 5
Saitek X55
Blackbird30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #14
Rilence

I've also had this problem. I haven't been able to connect to a single server since the F-14 was introduced until today. I tried connecting to two servers without the F-14 and I got into both just fine.

Then I tried connecting to a server with the Tomcat and it went back to timing out again, so I'll echo the one or two posts here saying it MIGHT have something to do with that thing.

I'll keep trying different servers, though.

Edit: Nevermind. I was able to connect to a server with only F-14Bs. I don't know what's going on here. Hopefully it's looked into.

Last edited by Rilence; 03-14-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Rilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:57 PM   #15
Wookie

I could replicate it.

What works for me as temporary workaround is to join a server running PG, without player, but with the F-14 in it. Once I'm in, I can leave the server and join servers regardless of map, players and wether or not the F-14 is in. It is super weird. I tried to do it a bit more systematic this noon and will maybe post a little table with the results tomorrow. Now it's bed time. Hope this get fixed. I don't want to be punished only because I didn't by the Tomcat
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:24 AM   #16
Chipensaw

Default Same issue

Same issue here. I was connecting to servers with no issue right before updating to the latest beta release which included support for the new F-14B. Now I am unable to connect to any server. "Connection timed out" and no return to the main menu. Has anyone filed a bug report and received a response?

Update: I have opened a support ticket and will let everyone know what they come back with.

Last edited by Chipensaw; 03-15-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Chipensaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #17
Wookie

Quote:
Update: I have opened a support ticket and will let everyone know what they come back with.
Much appreciated!
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #18
Chipensaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipensaw View Post
Same issue here. I was connecting to servers with no issue right before updating to the latest beta release which included support for the new F-14B. Now I am unable to connect to any server. "Connection timed out" and no return to the main menu. Has anyone filed a bug report and received a response?

And here is the response.

Hello,

Please provide the dcs.log file with additional DEBUG information
please download autoexec.cfg file
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...5/autoexec.cfg

and place it into the folder C:\Users\<UserName>\Saved Games\DCS\Config
then start DCS World game and send us the new dcs.log file after issue.

--
Best regards
Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #19
Chipensaw

I inserted the autoexec.cfg file which appears to enhance the log file information. After running DCS and attempting a connection, which timed out, I attached the new log file. I will update as I hear word from ED. I would highly recommend everyone files a ticket with ED. This will move the issue higher up the more tickets are filed. Plus everyone issue maybe a little different.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #20
Chipensaw

Hello,

Nothing concrete yet but try disabling all mods and perform a DCS repair. Curious if this fixes some of the connection issues? If you do please report back your results!