Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C

Hey, been flying the latest training missions afresh again and it is been fun especially with the SA page.

In the first two mission, I recorded mission success but wondering where the grading is done.

On the general debriefing data page after exiting, I see:

Score =0

Results = 100

I wanted to know which of the two above is used in grading performance and if I'm okay on score considering that I got a mission complete message after landing and parking.

Thers is no score , only 100% result after landing.

Simple as that.

Maybe in the future I will add a score system but since they are "training" missions I dont think the score is important.

I'll just leave this here... :)

53846743_10216186437647739_8439486414516649984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=e6bc474ea757b9abc34079fcdc1743e2&oe=5D2351FF

Haha I bet you could just swap out the f18 for the tomcat.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Haha I bet you could just swap out the f18 for the tomcat.

I had the surprise that the mighty cat cant use all the radio freq. the Hornet can handle so

I had to adjust all ATC freqs for her.

Radio management in general is a nightmare , the VHF/UHF radio is in the RIO pit ( only him can change channels ) but can be used by both , so you can tell Jester to change channel but it takes time to choose in the Jester Menu Wheel.

I've only converted the first intro mission so far but it looks crazy beautiful right now.

I can totally port most of the missions.

I had the surprise that the mighty cat cant use all the radio freq. the Hornet can handle so

Radio management in general is a nightmare , the VHF/UHF radio is in the RIO pit ( only him can change channels ) but can be used by both , so you can tell Jester to change channel but it takes time to choose in the Jester Menu Wheel.

I've only converted the first intro mission so far but it looks crazy beautiful right now.

That sounds good I'll be excited to download these again for the F14. I still need to learn how to properly land this bird. The way the pitch ladder slowly moves on your HUD sometimes makes me think if my computer is lagging lol. They got so many details right.

You're right about the radios, in VR I can barely see what the labels say. I really hope heatblur will come up with a little bit cleaner pit which should help with the visibility of all the switches too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Awesome, thanks :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
Mission "Red Flag Training - Day 2 - ACM Training - AGGRESSOR" when click start, inmmediately goes to debriefing, please could you update it? I do not know if its related to latest DCS beta patch. Thanks!

I know it doesn't help you, but it works OK for me on latest OB patch.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Mission "Red Flag Training - Day 2 - ACM Training - AGGRESSOR" when click start, inmmediately goes to debriefing, please could you update it? I do not know if its related to latest DCS beta patch. Thanks!

I've tested the mission , it goes to debriefing directly... but on a deb of another mission... I think that's a bug on DCS side , I'm trying different solutions.

ATC is the most complex task of the campaign

I think I know where my confusion is coming from. Day 0 briefing PDF says:

"make sure to read all the documentation about the Custom ATC provided with this missions"

Then Index.pdf ("Custom ATC" section) says:

"When you arrive at the last waypoint (LANDING IP) -> Grab ATIS and select the right information in the F10 menu to contact Approach"

Maybe you can add a note somewhere? Like, "In the Day 0 mission ATIS is not implemented and not required"? The channels list and a basic ground chart of Nellis would also be nice to have in Day 0 PDF.

My point is, after Day 1 everything becomes quite clear, but Day 0 could be really frustrating for a newbie. By the time you land, Nellis is pitch-dark and hard to navigate. Where are taxiways A and F? Should I vacate left or right? What if I vacate to B instead? That's what a newbie might ask :)

GwxO6uB.png

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

Anyone else experience problems with the Jtac mission? I'm trying to release bombs in auto mode but they don't seem to find the laser guidance. All jtac comms are working and I'm cleared hot.

Edited by Mack84

Maybe you can add a note somewhere? Like, "In the Day 0 mission ATIS is not implemented and not required"? The channels list and a basic ground chart of Nellis would also be nice to have in Day 0 PDF.

My point is, after Day 1 everything becomes quite clear, but Day 0 could be really frustrating for a newbie. By the time you land, Nellis is pitch-dark and hard to navigate. Where are taxiways A and F? Should I vacate left or right? What if I vacate to B instead? That's what a newbie might ask :)

I added your image in the documentation! Thanks!

It will be in the next update.

For the Day 0 mission I can move the humvee right next where runway 21L ends , so you have to follow it to parking.

For the ATIS I can also add it once for all ... I didnt spent so much time on that mission cause it's just an intro but I can close when I got the time.