Startup help - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #1
JJflyer

Default Startup help

hello, I am having trouble doing a complete startup. I get everything cleared on the board but EAC . Here is a TRK https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U0...zE3zoz4_gPseLp any ideas? Thanks
JJflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
GTFreeFlyer

Without looking at the track (not at home now) did you switch from HARS to EGI on the NMSP?
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:02 AM   #3
IlludiumQ36

Maybe a silly question, but did you flip the EAC switch on? (it's behind the throttle)
IlludiumQ36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:17 AM   #4
Scotch75

And make sure you have flipped the 4 SAS switches up to activate. IIRC they are linked.
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Kid18120

I'll make some order of what has been (correctly) reported above.

You will need to have INS aligned and in NAV mode, SAS enabled, switched from HARS to EGI and just then you'll be able to flip the EAC switch up (hidden behind and below the left throttle in the virtual pit).
Do mind that if any of the above hasn't been done, the EAC switch will return to OFF automatically.
If you have the HOTAS Warthog it will stay ON because the actual hardware switch isn't spring loaded but you will still get the EAC warning light.

S!

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus UltraGaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz, EVGA GTX1070 FTW
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
JJflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid18120 View Post

You will need to have INS aligned and in NAV mode, SAS enabled, switched from HARS to EGI and just then you'll be able to flip the EAC switch up (hidden behind and below the left throttle in the virtual pit).
Do mind that if any of the above hasn't been done, the EAC switch will return to OFF automatically.
If you have the HOTAS Warthog it will stay ON because the actual hardware switch isn't spring loaded but you will still get the EAC warning light.

S!
OK, thanks. I never switched the nav mode to egi, I will try that when I get home.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #7
JJflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid18120 View Post

S!
That didn't work. Any more ideas?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #8
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJflyer View Post
That didn't work. Any more ideas?

Follow the checklist?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #9
GTFreeFlyer

I’m going to guess this is your missing piece?

After T=4.0.0.8, INS alignment is complete, then you have to press the NAV OSB to switch out from ground mode. You can see the asterisk next to ground in this picture. It will move to NAV after you switch. After that, switch NMSP from HARS to EGI and then flip your SAS on and your EAC switch on. That’s pretty much it. Wait for INS to align before you start taxi.

Chuck’s guide will answer most of your questions. Download it.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #10
JJflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
I’m going to guess this is your missing piece?

After T=4.0.0.8, INS alignment is complete, then you have to press the NAV OSB to switch out from ground mode. You can see the asterisk next to ground in this picture. It will move to NAV after you switch. After that, switch NMSP from HARS to EGI and then flip your SAS on and your EAC switch on. That’s pretty much it. Wait for INS to align before you start taxi.

Chuck’s guide will answer most of your questions. Download it.

OK that's it I didn't let the INS align Thanks