VEAO & Hawk discussion (please mind the forum rules) - Page 46 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #451
Freakmeister51

Default The Hawk

Not wanting to harp on about why the hawk got removed and the fact that a lot of people actually paid money for that particular module. I don't want a refund, all I want to do is fly the plane. Would it not be possible to reinstate the module but only in beta. I have noticed that the module is still part of the core mod folder but is not available anywhere to fly. Would it not be possible just to have it available in DCS World Beta version please.
Freakmeister51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #452
PingPongChampeen

No, because in the end the skin and cockpit would just...slowly disappear over successive patches because the .dll's never got updated.
Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Zotac GTX 1080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 5/Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 Pro

AV8B | F/A-18C | P-51D | UH-1H | <--- all others hangar queens
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #453
grunf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakmeister51 View Post
Not wanting to harp on about why the hawk got removed and the fact that a lot of people actually paid money for that particular module. I don't want a refund, all I want to do is fly the plane. Would it not be possible to reinstate the module but only in beta. I have noticed that the module is still part of the core mod folder but is not available anywhere to fly. Would it not be possible just to have it available in DCS World Beta version please.
You can fly Hawk in DCS 2.5.3.
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #454
drPhibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakmeister51 View Post
Would it not be possible to reinstate the module but only in beta.

No. The Hawk was not removed/disabled. ED were unable to keep it in the sim due to them not having access to the required source code files for the module. The DRM for the module requires it to be re-compiled for every new build of DCS. Once 2.5.4 went live it was no longer possible to keep it in the sim in it's playable form.
drPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #455
jpbordi

no other third party buy the hawk for continuing support and sale ? if VEAO doesnt want any more work on it, they can sale to other maker like razbam.

i bought hawk, and i am 2.5.4 DCS

Last edited by jpbordi; 03-06-2019 at 11:30 AM.
jpbordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #456
Silo01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbordi View Post
no other third party buy the hawk for continuing support and sale ? if VEAO doesnt want any more work on it, they can sale to other maker like razbam.

As far as I have understood it, ED wanted to do exactly this but veao didn't want to sell/give anybody the rights to maintain it. Additionally it is extremely hard to work with the borked code of somebody else.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

our website:dSAF

If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

my pc:
Spoiler:
gpu: asus rx580 dual oc
cpu: amd ryzen 5 1600
mobo: gigabyte ga-ab350 gaming
16gb ram
opentrack
logitech x-52
Silo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:48 AM   #457
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbordi View Post

I'd imagine it isn't theirs to sell. Despite their claims of grand investors I presume all VEAO assets are now the property of their creditors.
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 AM   #458
Freakmeister51

Thanks all for the feedback
Freakmeister51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #459
cichlidfan+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
I'd imagine it isn't theirs to sell. Despite their claims of grand investors I presume all VEAO assets are now the property of their creditors.
If that were the case I would imagine that their creditors would be eager to sell. However, their lawyers might not be so eager if they think a better deal could be made elsewhere. Especially if Chris and Pete have no funds to pay said lawyers.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #460
Flamin_Squirrel

Who'd be mad enough to want to buy such a garbage module even if they could.
Flamin_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawk disabled, hawk withdrawn, return my hawk